Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

/tiny voice
and some new helf/velf hairstyles? those too mr. wizard?

7 Likes

Absolutely.

The art in this very thread is wonderful, the chance for you guys to have gotten those sweet magenta root but normal blonde color tips (the Ombré fanarts) was lost in favor of low effort texture copy-pasting (I mean, you guys had this wonderful chance to get unique textures and you just… lost it to catter to literal laziness); the issue is not even funny tbqh.

Insist on your own unique haircuts, frankly the copy-pasting game only benefits a few and not precisely the actual fans of the Velf race.

4 Likes

The hair will be yours one day :slight_smile:

I wish they would do something with Astromancers. To be honest, I’ve been pretty damned disheartened with Blizzard of late, moreso than usual. It’s kind of affected the post ideas I usually have. I doubt we’ll be seeing anything awesome or creative from Blizzard for a while, but here’s to hoping.

10 Likes

you know that teeth cleaner toy from hallow’s end, it makes your teeth/mouth sparkle? that would make a great fx for elf eyes. the sparkle i mean, tamed down a bit

1 Like

Having said that: Void Elves should rightfully open up some real class discussions, starting with Void Knights.

Blizzard, if you’re reading this (and not Tweeting :smiley: ), give me a chance with that Class Design position I applied for, I’ve got several classes and specs ready and waiting.

10 Likes

They just did mention they are in the process of perfecting the glowing hand effects in the thread Linxys been replying to.

This shows they are making efforts to add more unique and off the cuff customizations for players.

I put in a good word for a Starcursed version for Void Elves there, as well as for hair.

The thread is a pretty general topic, so if you have some feedback, I’d also suggest pitching it to the CM who has been making occasional posts there.

14 Likes

Hey guys sup, I made a topic about to get a braids toggle option instead of tentacles, check a look and If u like the idea, help me to support and share It guys, so de devs could take in consideration.
I think it could be a great and nice option, considering that we didn’t got any new hairstyle or other stuff unique for us :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

7 Likes

God, I need this class now, with so much vibes of Arthorias… so badass

2 Likes

I see the braids thing as more a high elf option rather than a void elf one, as such, I’ve not included it here and likely won’t.

I hope you get it, as I think it’s a fine option for high elf fans, and would help facilitate sharing void elf hair styles with blood elves which I support, but that’s as far as I’d like to see it here in this particular thread.

2 Likes

Aigh pal :raised_hands: :raised_hands: in that case, every new customization are welcome :smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m obsessed with the starcursed effect from void elf heritage armor and mount. I want starcursed hair, eyes, skin. Heritage weapons using that effect. Would be nice to have some color variations too, other shades of purple.

13 Likes

The starcursed effect is something I truly enjoy and would love to see more of for void elves. I’m not a big tentacle fan, but leaning into the ‘endless starry sky’ ideology of void is super neat.

And extra eyes… But that’s a topic for another day.

edit: Context for the extra eyes idea

9 Likes

Yas to all of that! :hugs:

I’d love darker blue, darker violet, sha blue/black, a lighter Ethereal blue color(think soulshapes) and a violet in the same color range as well.

6 Likes

Me too. I don’t hate the tentacles, but i just can’t use them on my characters xD i really hope they take a look at this thread, by far the best void elf thread. So many cool ideas to make the race unique!

7 Likes

Another thing for void elves could be to give them the unused idle animation for female belves

https://i.imgur.com/KnENSC3.mp4

Differentiating them just like NB females have a unique stance to differentiate themselves from nelves.

It fits more their posh english persona , with the accent and all, after all.

7 Likes

100% agree. I went exactly through that same process, Hyph. At first I didn’t like the Void theme, but I fell in love with it eventually.

And 100% yes, more starcursed customizations please. Starcursed eyes, starcursed tattoos, starcursed hair highlights, starcursed everything :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/39/2/1632845391-5f998c11fbdf1d74f2b9bae68a2608e8.jpg
I love this artist !:purple_heart:

9 Likes

i adore your art abilities and creativity. you have yet to post a single thing that i didnt like! do you think you could perhaps come up with a theme that encompasses some of the ethereal features into void elves. i did a lazy copy paste of ethereal wrappings onto a velf female and velf skin colors, but mostly left the faces untouched. the hair was bandages instead of hair, and wrapped around, twirled down and flapped in the breeze like ethereal wrappings do. the eyes matched the color of ether inside the bandages. they essentially look like mummies with faces.

this my lazy example

11 Likes

lol! i was just working on that same topic. thats cute!

4 Likes

i’d love to see void elves look more like this. this art is fantastic

2 Likes