Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

100% agree. I went exactly through that same process, Hyph. At first I didn’t like the Void theme, but I fell in love with it eventually.

And 100% yes, more starcursed customizations please. Starcursed eyes, starcursed tattoos, starcursed hair highlights, starcursed everything :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/39/2/1632845391-5f998c11fbdf1d74f2b9bae68a2608e8.jpg
I love this artist !:purple_heart:

9 Likes

i adore your art abilities and creativity. you have yet to post a single thing that i didnt like! do you think you could perhaps come up with a theme that encompasses some of the ethereal features into void elves. i did a lazy copy paste of ethereal wrappings onto a velf female and velf skin colors, but mostly left the faces untouched. the hair was bandages instead of hair, and wrapped around, twirled down and flapped in the breeze like ethereal wrappings do. the eyes matched the color of ether inside the bandages. they essentially look like mummies with faces.

this my lazy example

11 Likes

lol! i was just working on that same topic. thats cute!

4 Likes

i’d love to see void elves look more like this. this art is fantastic

2 Likes

to follow that theme, could maybe have one of those ethereal domes from netherstorm, in the velf zone because they are biodomes and it makes sense, velfs are essentially in a similar situation as citizens of netherstorm

4 Likes

It would be great, the braid is already there ! :raised_hands:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/39/2/1632848144-eznue27xqaarri0.png

10 Likes

holy, do this textures really exist datamined or are just an edit? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Thats just the Void Elf hair texture.

It is what is currently in game I believe.

1 Like

This is the current texture of Void Elf hair.

She’s there but they don’t have braid hairstyles. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t understand why they didn’t put as an option yet, hope they soon do, considering all the details and unique features they’re adding to other races like NB and HMT :confused:

6 Likes

I’m against this, if only because I think the alliance should get actual ethereals as a race later on. However, good job!

7 Likes

that would be lovely! i came up with the velf ethereal for the following reasons:

1. they said years ago, it would be too hard to make ethereals playable because they have an unique body type and need to have access to all the same gear as a human or orc, etc, which early on, wouldnt have been a problem but now we’re talking over 100 levels of gear that would have to be retrofitted individually to the male and female, one piece at a time, for 100 levels worth of content, regardless of level squish. even worse now. this is why allied races use already established skeletons

1. velfs were nearly entirely etherealized, so made sense some of them would show evidence of this event and some would not, who joined after the creation of the velfs. to facilitate this, i copied the wrapped bandages on velf skeletons so they could wear available gear

p.s. i thought full on ethereals could be realized by making them a class spec shapeshift with pre-set armor so devs would only have to make them a handful of armor pieces, but thats a different topic

3 Likes

That’s entirely fair.
Honestly if there’s no more races or the alliance is meant to have another race. I’m all for ethereal customization for velves.

Specially hybridized like only the arms are wrappings or so. Would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

i think they learned/re-verified from worgen females, what an undertaking that was. the male skeleton was copied from the sfk worgen but the females were unique.

Blizzard Forums today decided to not recognize any of my toons as existing today so I can’t use Fenelon on my computer at the moment.

My thread update will be further delayed…

I am annoyed. Lol

1 Like

oh sheesh . how frustrating.

3 Likes

I like your idea of using the Belf unused idle animation. Is that for the males also? It would be a good ‘cheap change’ for Blizzard. But I’d prefer something a bit different, maybe a little magical flare of starcursed hair, tentacle wave or glowing of tattoos?

The animation you posted is well done, but does play up the vain pretty belf, maybe we could go another direction??

I’d love it if the idle animation had the void cursed ‘shadow’ mentioned a few posts ago manifest for a couple of seconds and then fade away!

1 Like

woo creepy. and a toggle to turn it off hehe

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes!!! And a better star cursed pet for hunters- sorry if you love it- but I hate the warpstalker- it is so clunky and moves strangely. Big blue kitty for me!

1 Like