Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

The lack of variation is one of the real problems with all of the older allied races. Void elves have it best now, but they still have some real weak points.

3 Likes

These suggestions are lovely. Who in their right mind flagged the op?
To the twisting nether with them!

7 Likes

To be fair I liked everything (except the K’thir and Ethereal stuff, in my opinion that is exactly what antis keep accusing helfers of doing - turning Void Elves into something they’re not).

But as you know, there are many Void options I’d like to see, such as Void highlights, Void tattoos/scars, different EE skins, etc.

4 Likes

Aye, and I want to state this in the OP later when I edit it for the things I’ve missed or need to add, but I’m not saying void elves need these before anyone else.

They’re just things people (or I) have suggested and in one place for the Void aspect of Void Elves.

But yeah… everyone needs more… across the board.

Probably the same people who normally flag them.

The Majority of flags a thread like this one gets in their infancy is just people who are fed up with elf threads.

Whether any other parties were involved, :man_shrugging:

Fair enough.

I will say that while I personally think those are cool (and know a few others who do so as well) I don’t have any real belief that we’d ever get them.

Plus the ethereal one would make it less likely we’d get Ethereals in general and I don’t immensely want to lose out on that option.

Still they are dreams of mine.

This is widely why I was surprised its taken nearly 90 posts for some of the pro-helf folk to at least weigh in a little.

I know many of them have interest in many of the things on this list. Some have stated it several times over. A few of the items on this list came from pro-helf people.

4 Likes

For me, it’s just that some of the options aren’t my cup of tea, but there is definitely some crossover and stuff I value on your list as well. Talendrions pastel hair colors are definitely some of my favorites.

The Void options I personally value would be some starcursed assets any way I can get them be it as runic tattoos, hair assets, eye assets or even on their hands.

I also found these on an older thread of a similar nature;

As they provide darker violets and blues than Void Elves currently have, most of which are too on the grey/light blue side and blend in too much with traditional Draenei and Night Elf tones.

I also really like that hair color and it is my top pick, above all else regarding hair colors.

As far as actual tattoo coloration goes I think Starcursed(VE exclusive), Violet, Blue, and possibly Red(Old God) and Green would be good, with Blood Elves having a different red/Crimson(think Blood Magic) and Gold(Sunwell) for their exclusives

I ofc adore the Starcursed Dragonhawk and the various QoL options such as ears and tentacle toggles are much appreciated.

7 Likes

Just popping in to offer the OP love and support.

3 Likes

I would LOVE this, like how you get them in some OLD raids and such. It’s just. perfectly fitting for Void elves!

Upgrading to include the ear toggle and add Draenei’s tentacle toggle options.
All skin colours should include the darker void tainted hands/feet like the void skins do. Revert the current ‘clean’ ones. We are VOID.

4 Likes

Like these?

At the very least, I’d like the ability to apply these to skin tones. Maybe with some starcursed/glowing effects in the same places as a the violet.

6 Likes

OMG yes.

At least make it optional. Cause replacing the ‘pure’ ones with these would likely set the forums on fire. Though, I wouldn’t mind that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yay, I’m glad I found a thread made by you for actual void customizations for Void Elves because I support any new void based customizations for Void Elves highly. :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

I added this quote because I had replied to your op but since it’s hidden it doesn’t show I replied to you and that makes me sad.

4 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/bwrkOE7.png
https://i.imgur.com/C7q2QZr.png

N’zoth eyes~

4 Likes

Omgomgomg, I need these!

12 Likes

N’zoth might be dead. (is he, though?)
We could easily have stolen a bit of his powers from any of the infected places.

2 Likes

I love them, they remind me of Azshara.

Akin to Naga without actually being aquatic fish people.

1 Like

Well I got the template saved, so if you have any other requests I can photoshoop them in.

2 Likes

I love these so much, I can’t even explain how much.

It would also add diversity to the existing skin tone range, and its lore implications are endless. The RP community could benefit so much from these, as they would allow everyone to adjust the extent to which their Void Elf characters were/are corrupted.

Neat!

5 Likes

Yea, Although I don’t RP on the game, I did progressively turn Unian more void over the years. She started out with the palest (original) option. Now she’s full on purple.
Will she lose control?

Who knows!

3 Likes

Wouldn’t like to be at her side whenever that happens! :rofl:

1 Like

Her GF is a lightforged draenei, her hugs may hurt a little, but they sooth the whispers, keeps her grounded.

3 Likes

This is my head cannon…