Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 2)

So I noticed…

During the recent cutscenes that show Alleria and Turalyon, they touch just fine. Further while Anduin resurrects someone with the light he is in direct contact with Alleria.

This leads me to believe that since they were both using their powers in the former and in the latter one was using significant Light based power, that Alleria is unaffected by being in close proximity to the Light now that shes accepted what she is and who she is. Reinforcing that her and Turalyon’s issues in the past were merely because they were at odds with one another’s chosen paths rather than any direct true interplay between the Light and Void. (This doesn’t mean there isn’t one, disharmony clearly allowed the two powers to interact in a way that damaged both parties).

This lore in game now disproves Alleria and Turalyon’s issues as indicating that Void Elves cannot be around or handle the Light. Couple that with the Eclipse Knight we have in the Telogrus Rift actively using paladin abilities, there is no lore issue with void elves gaining paladins in the future.

4 Likes

Where are the Void Elves in TWW except for the prepatch?

2 Likes

There is one throughout most of the story… >.> Seems to also be a main point of contact for the campaign in general.

I think the rest of the Void Elves will show up probably during some of the later patches. (Or they’re being held back for Midnight.)

1 Like

Maybe for the 11.2 if we get some Ethereal things

2 Likes

I was thinking yeah, that would be a great place for em. Very curious to find out if we’re going to visit K’aresh during TWW with that info. I’m betting Undermine will be kind of a Mechagon type zone. Not super important to the main storyline but something to break up the story.

Kinda curious where things will go from here… I wasn’t expecting, what happened today to happen so quickly. The Dark Heart being taken down at the end of the intial story was a big surprise for me.

I saw a Rift VoidSeeker participating in the battle this last chapter of the story.

Bumping so blizzard can see this and save us from customization hell.

6 Likes

This expansion is actually really awesome to be a void elf in.
Why? Delves.

“Oh no theres all this stuff on the ground, beams of fire, webs, whatever will i do!?”
shoots off void portal and teleports to the other side

5 Likes

Some rather nice Void Elf hair concepts and jewelry ideas by @KuridelBlack.

Very nice work by the artist! Wouldn’t mind these at all, and I can only imagine how easily Blizzard could work in that tentacle toggle as well with this concept.

8 Likes

Those hair colors and styles are great! I’d love to be able to have 2 colored hair like dracthyr have (that should have been added for all races especially after Blizz made a big deal about having the tech now for dracthyr) and the star cursed look… I know I am setting myself up for disappointment but still. And the hair accessories would be nice as well!

1 Like

At this point I’m all for that. Give High Elf options to the Alliance, and give Void Elf options to the Horde.

That very well may be what happens in Midnight.

I’ll humor you. What I wish blizz did was made thalassian neutral back in tbc, you were belf on horde, helf on alliance. velf should have been a customization option IMO (so should LFD and manari should have been a horde allied race) I wouldn’t mind if velf was on horde too since we do have the dark fallen look on alliance.

I’m just disappointed with Xalatath being so prevalent we haven’t had any velf customization options. Actually we haven’t had a velf customization pass for velf. We got the helf pass which was nice but not velves. Velves still only have one page of customization options! :dracthyr_cry_animated:

3 Likes

I don’t really get why Blizzard won’t expand hair, hair color and two tones now that they have so many options. Most games these days the hair is agnostic to the race in question as its…hair.

Especially in WoW’s case now that the cultures have been able to mix for years.

Would love to have some of these options. (Starcursed Hair would be a dream!)

4 Likes

I was thinking about neutral elves, and it occurred to me that having Belves and maybe Velves become a neutral race could be a big feature of Midnight. I get the feeling that most, if not all, new races going forward will be neutral, and it would make a lot of sense, since Silvermoon could become a neutral capital. It would fit with the idea of reunifying the elf tribes too. People would probably get excited.

4 Likes

well i for one, would be happy to have belf hairstyles on alliance but first id much rather have new helf hairstyles that are more classically elven than belf styles, AND THEN share those with belfs while belfs share theirs. everybody wins. not interested in silvermoon, id prefer a new helf city or at the very least, a new velf city

1 Like

I want a fully tentacle hair option, tentacle options added to the hairstyles that do not have it currently, all additional hairstyle options provided in the future to come with the tentacle toggle pre-planned to avoid holes and for Blizzard to adjust current tentacle toggle-able hairstyles so they do not have holes.

Would love to see more void elf options in general as well.

4 Likes

Would love to have a nothing but tentacle options, just a writhing mane

2 Likes