Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

A lot of work would be more hairstyles, tattoos, jewelry, skin tones and eye colors. They got some work, and now that all the other legion allied races got more options, void elves are in a bad state IMO.

This is the issue i think. Void elves don’t have a lot of options, they don’t even have tattoos and their customizations aren’t that great, but blood elves pass was so bad that anything void elves get would make them look better than blood elves.

Both races need a lot more work because none of the two got basic stuff like tattoos and scars. I get sad when i think about what should have been for both thalassians, they deserve more.

5 Likes

part of the problem, i think, is that blood elves make up a huge portion of the horde and with the loss of so many alliance players, a huge portion of the game. partially because they are the only race on horde that can roll demon hunter, partially because the devs kept developing m+ and raid content that was simplified with their unnerfed arcane torrent, and finally because, they were the only race in the game that had a proportionally normal physique, compared to the rest of the races who were caricatures.

Well I was just going to just switch transmogs then dye my hair while I pretend to be UndeadElf, yet not Forsaken undead.

Could be worse.

Could always be pandarens.

They got beefed up by uncoupling eye colors, but for actual new stuff, it was like 2 hairstyles per gender, death knight skin tones, and female only tail options uncoupled from fur.

3 Likes

Looking good Lilock, you have an elemental quality to that character, I really dig it. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the copper tone hair when it was first announced, but it’s one of my faves now.

Quite nice, she has my shades :smiley:

Nope, not believing it…you get on Straiso this instant young one!

3 Likes

hey thanks. yeah when i noticed it was fluorescent looking, i got busy trying to capitalize on it. its like neon orange.

3 Likes

If we could establish lore, I’d have Human Shaman locked down right now. It’ll likely never happen, which is why I want them to make some adjustments on Kul Tirans. A “race” needs more than three faces and five hairstyles.

To be fair, I’m somewhat of the same mindset as you are. Worgen, all Tauren, Kul Tirans, they need some attention. However, this shouldn’t necessarily leave everyone else out in the cold, it just means that when the ladle goes around again, the three above should get a second and third helping.

Also, if you’ll take a closer look at this thread, you’ll see that the majority of this crowd didn’t want anything to do with High Elf themed stuff. Of course, there are some exceptions who are exceptional people, and they’re happy with the recent additions. There’s nothing wrong with that.

However, you’ll find that this customization thread is focused almost entirely on the Void theme. Other than the black and white hair colors, the .5 patch didn’t touch a thing of what we request. Have a look at the very top of the page my friend, and throughout the rest of the thread.

2 Likes

Imagine a void elf with white eyes and onyx skin.

3 Likes

Every day…

pink eyes and onyx skin. hehe

5 Likes

Suppose if I’m being honest I would keep my purple eyes… but onyx skin is top of my list right now.

2 Likes

As you wish hehe.
RIP to this hunter now that I can freely switch with my velf.

Before my TL3 went bye bye I was considering making a Kul Tiran and Human Customization thread. Since they’re both human species (?) I think a thread with them together would be good. Someone should make one :eyes:

2 Likes

Mods for skyrim are huge. Breathes so much more life into the game.
Not only are people remaking past games in that engine, but there’s others making all the other provinces outside skyrim as well as other locations.
Tons of customization options. Run into something you don’t like, there’s usually a mod to fix it.

I’ve got a few void elves made but I’ve yet to play them. I want some actual void themed classes to play. Only real option is shadowpriest, and I was planning on playing one as well.

A full on void class would be great, but even the various class skins Simaia/Lost Codex have been posting would be a cool option. With the way they were going with void themes for priests, rogues, warlocks, demon hunters, and paladins…it’d be great to make one and actually look like you’re wielding the void. It’d make for another great layer of customization on characters.

It seems to be questionable if they’ll keep making classes, but there’s so many different fantasies that people wanna see added that the class skins could cover.

I’d love to see a heavy plate void wielding melee character, I’ve even thought a worgen style transformation where they turn into a aberration would be pretty cool, sort of a nod to the more insubstantial shadowform of priests.

Necromancers should be a thing already. As well as other classes people have suggested.

There’s so much that comes out of the community that would make for a funner game.

Yes, they do still deserve a customization pass. So far, all they’ve gotten is just easily implemented stuff, nothing actual void or that took development effort.
They really should just divide out the HE stuff and leave a bit of skin and hair crossover. Do it right instead of half-bummed. Double down on the void for void elves and do a proper allied race for the high elf stuff.

5 Likes

There are so many barbie elves, too much cutiness in this thread. Someone bring gross vulpera or goblins

why thank you. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s OK to feel inferior to our beauty.

You’re only human.

8 Likes

I’ll admit, I do have a thread idea that I’ve been compiling for about a month now. I want to make sure I have a lot of representation for both Humans and Kul Tirans, in a classical RPG tone and the High Fantasy tone that WoW has established.

Also, with the way Blizzard themselves treat their own lore, I think I may avoid the hard leaning lore, in favor of themes. Maybe it’s just me, but I think that Kul Tirans have more themes built into to them, moreso than the standard Azerothian Humans. I want to address that in a positive way, I want everyone to be represented as best as possible.

11 Likes

This is such a wonderful attitude to have :slight_smile: I wish you luck with your threads and such! And accomplishing exactly that.

9 Likes

My goodness, void elves really didn’t get a lot (beside Blood Elf skin and hair colors). They don’t even have a second page. Let’s hope they get a meaty might void pass.

13 Likes

Thanks so much :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can’t get it off the ground this Friday at the earliest. If work stays busy, I may do it on Monday (Sundays around here terrify me…).

6 Likes