Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

i like the sound of that though telogus rift is better suited to the large pink bio domes like in netherstorm

2 Likes

Of coruse, thats just a rundown. I imagine the color palette would be designed with void elves in mind by far better folk than I at color interactions. :purple_heart:

I’m not too into those myself and I want to save that for when the Ethereals join the playable characters…

Though I mean… I could see something like that designed by Void elves. They need to grow their own food somehow after all…

Found this. (I think the author was Ace? if anyone knows for sure let me know)

Not sure about the color here myself but its really neat. I especially like the top pictures first one there.

Also the starry skin look. (and hair effects)

neat stuff.

Also not entirely sure but I believe this is also by Ace…

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/812763179004198912/902687637524058202/travelformvoidelf.jpg

This would be an amazing mount! Though I think it was meant as a druid form for Void Elves if I was reading right.

13 Likes

I clarified the wording, added more arts, and refined some suggestions for the Void Elf compellation.

Void Elves

Void Elves are currently in a unique spot with recent High Elf themed additions, but they did not receive anything new related to the Void theme yet.

The best path going forward would be to add more Void options, or things that work with both, as well as differentiating them more from Blood Elves.

Void Elf Ideas

Markings/Corruption

• Tattoos/Markings inspired by Alleria Windrunner in Void/Non Void Options.
  • Dark Voided Eye and Skin Color(s).
  • Entropic Embrace Customizations. (Changing/Disabling Effects, or making it permanent.)
  • Scars/Void Scars

Tentacles/Hair

• Add Tentacles to all haircuts, since it is possible to toggle on/off them now.
  • Tentacles Effect Customizations. (Glowing/Transparent/Corrupted etc.)
  • Darker Voided hair color(s).
  • More, non greasy, hair styles, with the tentacle toggle in mind.

Artwork and pictures

Alleria’s Markings.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9NhIwMWYAABDqX.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9L1fMXXEAEkY6D.png

Alleria Tattoo Concept for Void Elves by Keyboardturn
https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1364942239592456193

Voided "Starcursed’ Eye Concept by Somand
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590006575905898498/899433342427078666/VoidEyes.png

Hair (by Lu0ren on twitter)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-X5nF0XEAYOtkH.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_J3rAfXEAQd9wx.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCUpSwJWYAQtdC_.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCdmZhfWUBYmlA8.png

4 Likes

Very nice! Thank you Drede.

1 Like

Seems a combination between the neon hair colors suggestion and the Starcursed effect.

These are pretty great examples, Fen. I like how all the hair is covered from roots to tips (fundamentally different to the Phoenix ombre ideas from our thread, ergo the artist was kind enough to figure out a wait to make the combination work without going for the literal copy - pasted idea). This is how you give both fanbases similar BUT fundamentally different and unique things as per the design.

7 Likes

Yes it’s really nice.

I’m not super sure about some of the colors and I just noticed the red eyes too. Lol

Still though it’s all really neat stuff.

Lots of folk have requested different tentacle colors and neat hair and skin effects like this. It hits many items on the list that I’ve yet to see mocked up before.

The light blue/aqua one in the first picture is growing on me too.

I agree. This was really good work. I’m glad I stumbled upon it.

I have some other pictures too I found that I’m gonna post about a little later when I’m in a more effective location for such things. Lol

1 Like

i so wish blood/void elves could have a beard like that

4 Likes

If you notice, the design of the eyes is waaay diferent to the Dark Ranger aesthetic the Belf crowd is asking for. This are some form of “Star eyes”, very bright in general (to the point the red is not the most noticeable color, is the white at the center). Not even the green is problematic because again, the white center is more noticeable and gives a different aesthetic overall; Belf green eyes simply put it don´t look that way.

That kind of design honestly make me remember good ´ol Morpheus (from the Sandman comics).

See? this is waaay different than to go and say: gimme the Belf green eyes cause “muh Fel”. There you have an interesting way to get the color WITHOUT resorting to pathetic poaching.

Damn, now more than ever I´d like to see the phoenix eye mockups in our thread.

5 Likes

Yeah I think you’re right, and there’s nothing wrong with red eyes for Void elves it just reminded me of that one pumpkin headed poster.

I liked that when the current eye colors we do have were “shared” the void elves ended up with a unique no sclera purple. Feels voidy to me. These kinda go along that line.

Oh I like that… I’ll put that in my master list to denote it.

The green is odd to me because I’ve not really seen green in void or old God’s before. Feels out of place. At least compared to the others.

!!! I forgot to ask again!

Damnit. I’m sorry.

Though Zan might be doing something for that… Last I saw he was working on the hair.

But yeah, I like this. Voidy options of what folk are asking for.

1 Like

As I told him on the weekend, the problem with his petition in particular is how me made it. He literally assumed vampire elves in wow looked like Fallyn´s designs and tried to poach them to RP a Velf vampire out of pure malice as he mentioned in another thread months ago, period.

He genuinely speaking never cared to propose unique ways to make that eye color different to the Dark Ranger aesthetics, he just wanted the same eyes as the Horde NPCs and that was it. Cause the idea was to “annoy the antis”, not legitimately create unique aesthetics.

Indeed, they are “brighter”, more emphasis in the white pupil. Belf eyes are more tame in comparison (we need the phoenix mockups asap).

Hehehe, well Fen starcursed magical effects on hair, hands and feet with eyes that look white bright at the center for each case regardless on “color”?

The artist probably tried to emulate the effects used to represent stars and suns in other media with this eye example.

That shade of green does NOT make sense because it´s suspiciously Fel looking (also, no “green stars” in existence as far as I remember). Replace with the green Lance used for the mockups I suggested and you´ll see the Old God green you guys can use a.k.a. Mr. Mouthy´s shade of green.

Omhg, no don´t get worked up about it -honest to God I wasn´t trying to push you-.

Hehehe, I should be the one to apologize, you are just basically making me a huge favor for nothing. Also as you mention maybe Zandrae will take up the mantle and play withg the concept. I saw Fallynn made her own take on the effect, we should probably review her idea too.

4 Likes

Star eyes similar to Dream’s eyes would look so nice for void elves! I have a character named Oneiras because of him, i love Sandman ^^

I have always seen people suggesting red eyes for them, but lately it seems to be some controversy going on.

3 Likes

Indeed. Ergo why I can´t understand the obssession of some posters with Belf stuff when the Velves have legitimately speaking so much amazing things they can get for themselves… and unique to boot!!

Thanks to the way a psrticular poster did it. One thing is to ask for red color for the eyes and suggest ways to make them look different to other styles other fanbases are asking for. Another is to ask for the exact same style and then try to negate those other fanbases their petitions. and Another is to publicly admit one makes the petition not out of genuine interest but to annoy people on the internet.

2 Likes

Most of the suggestions i have seen are void oriented now. Even those people who wanted high elves are supporting void customizations. Farstrider tattoos are a very controversial topic, IMO this should be given to both with different designs.

This kind of behavior is very common here on the forums, i really dislike that. People are always trying to deny customizations (as if they could), and some tend to be a bit rude sometimes. I don’t think that asking for red eyes for void elves is an issue, but trying to deny this option for blood elves is.

11 Likes

That dark skin tone with the white hair looks so good! Now if only we could get it, who knows when void elfs will get more customization ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽

Random story, I love velfs so much last night I dreamt I had void powers and I used void rifts to defeat an alien invasion lol :octopus:

5 Likes

Supporting more Void customizations for Void Elves.

Personally, I would like:

• New hairstyles, both “regular” and chaotic looking (such as full-tentacled hairstyles).
  • Tentacle color selection
  • Tentacle toggle on all of the hairstyles, i.e., including those that don’t have tentacles right now.
  • Voidy eyes (such as those that resemble N’zoth’s eyes) and a red eye color (for those who value visual distinction between Undead Elves and a potential red-eyed Void Elf, I wouldn’t mind having a different tone of red for Void Elf eyes).
  • More Voidy skin tones, including reddish skin tones (considering that, in game, too much Void corruption actually turns your character red - so it stands to logic that those Void Elves in particular who were transformed and received too much Void energies in contrast to other elves would actually look reddish, not entirely purple).
  • More elegant and sleek options - I totally support monstrous looking customizations as well, as those would make a lot of fans very happy, but personally I would rather have access to elegant Voidy jewelry options, for instance.
  • Starcursed everything. Starcursed hair colors, starcursed eye colors, starcursed tattoos/scars, starcursed jewelry. We could even have our elves have a second name: Starcursed Elves. :laughing:
  • Tattoos and scars. I don’t mind the colors or the forms, I just want tattoos and scars. If a halo of Void energy could emanate from them, like a subtle smoke of Void, that would be perfect.
  • Makeup, for both males and females (same goes for jewelry). Heck, even hairstyles should be universal and not gender-locked. It’s 2021.
8 Likes

Imgur

Don’t care about anything else but this one thing.

3 Likes

Luoren always has the best designs for void elf hair! These look fantastic.

PS: Sigh.

7 Likes

As I know there are a fair number of High Elf folk round here I thought I’d link to this event thats going to go on the 30th on the PTR.

If you’ve got a high elf toon you want to show off and hang out with other high elf folk (Who are probably also Void Elf and Blood Elf fans) join in!

(I mean I’m not hopped up on “retaking Silvermoon” concepts but its all in good fun.)

3 Likes

Ewww… PvP content.

Regardless of city or faction , i hate it. It is nice of them to announce it so people like me that dwells on those forums can avoid the city and the lag resulting from the event.