Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I’d really love some more classes for Void elves as well, and for Nightborne. I’ll be playing mage and monk as well as warrior once 9.1.5 hits.

But it doesn’t seem like Void elves will be getting more customization this patch, which is a bit sad. I’m a bit concerned that they just listened to some people saying we received too much. Are skin colours and hair colours really that much? And it’s fair to be given new customization as well and not just copy pastes, like they did for Nightborne and LFD.

6 Likes

Starcursed Hair Effect Concept for all Hair Colors currently available to Void Elves

https://i.imgur.com/a9qMKsO.png

20 Likes

Thank you for making these! Omg they’re glorious!

I think everyone wants more classes for every race.

Probably about time blizzard considered adding more to each one.

While I’m also sad we’re not going to see many void based options, I think what’s going on is that Blizzard didn’t intend to do more than the ears for Velves and everything else has been added on only because it’s not immensely difficult.

The tentacle Toggle is good evidence of this.

They removed them sure, but there’s open holes instead and we don’t see new tentacles for the non-tentacle hair.

Later down the line they’ll hit us up I think and we’ll really get to shine for what we are.

18 Likes

These are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

Well done! :hugs:

11 Likes

Hey all! It’s been a bit, but I had some visual ideas to share (all credit to the original artists!)

"Burning" Entropic Embrace effect

Some more “Living Shadow” effects (either for Entropic Embrace, or a special emote…

4 Likes

A lot of those look painful, but pretty awesome.

4 Likes

And Starcursed Effect Concept on the Female model, Blue and Magenta

https://i.imgur.com/MyErhsS.png
https://i.imgur.com/8vuZrEV.png
16 Likes

Gimmie now please.

23 Likes

Hehe! Honestly I’m more into an added customization on top of hair than more hair colors, if that makes any sense; I think the races with more overall options that you can mix and match allow for a lot more choices when it comes to design your character!

16 Likes

I don’t see any issues with that. While I’d like a few more shades of colors for void elves, being able to add this to those shades and the ones we have now would be amazing.

4 Likes

I agree with you both. Unfortunately, I’m not too up and up on jewelry. I do, however, have a few more glowing tattoos for Entropic Embrace:

(To Blizzard: I’m not trying to be racy or edgy, but if you want them taken down, I will. Personally, Sylvanas is more forward, so I don’t see a big deal…but, you guys are on a tilt lately).

8 Likes

Oh wow I am REALLY loving the starcursed effects being shared in this thread for the hair. That’s exactly what I’d love to see added and would use for my void elf.

10 Likes

I am so in love with these :purple_heart:

These are exactly what I envisioned for my character :hugs:

19 Likes

Please give Void Elves Side Show Bob Hairstyle!

Thank you! I finally figured out a way to create the “edge” effect we see on the VE wings and armor, so I finally finished them concepts woo!

Thank you! :D!! I really like how it looks, specially on the natural hair colors, the contrast is just delicious!

12 Likes

I’d also like hair colours with highlights on them.

Voidy hair colours with white highlights, normal ones wit blue and so.

7 Likes

Blizzard please look at those Starcursed styles. Come on that is some peek Void Elf fantasy.

13 Likes

I’m not sure how plausible, but having stars randomly bounce off of their hair or away from it, or slowly float away and vanish, would be a cool animation in addition to the starcursed stuff. I just love the design in general though, no need to complicate, but figured I’d bring it up as an idea.

13 Likes

TBH it’s fun to come with ideas for Velves and lightforged above all races. because technically they could’ve mutated in all sorts of ways. And all the particle effects they could add would look so good.

Which is also why it feels so frustrating with both races seem so limited.

I think the only other race that could fit with this trend would be nightborne. And maybe nelves if you want to go for mutations like antlers and so.

7 Likes

I honestly feel that way not just for Void elves (but very much there) but for most of the races.

Customizations have been lackluster from the start and unequal in how they were applied.

I’m thankful for them of course but I do wish that blizzard had been a bit more serious about it overall.

12 Likes