Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Eh I mean, of course all races should have waaay more. Comparing WoW to other games is pitiful.

But my point is, these races in particular have some special ways that could exist for customizing them.

You are not going to expect an orc to have floating runes or stars for example.

7 Likes

For Void Elves I’d adore an alternate EE animation where would have an aura similar to soulshapes, only more Void in appearance and the ability to have the current EE as a skin tone or toggle.

Combine the EE Skin with bandages, possibly full Starcursed hair colors to go with them and runic tattoos, and you could have an extreme variation of Void Elf mutation, basically a step closer to the intended result of Durzans trap, yet they’d keep their silhouette. Starcursed from head to toe.

Well that’s my pipe dream of the night :hugs:

4 Likes

Oh I agree. I’m sorry if that came off wrong.

Aye we’re missing many opportunities like that… Hopefully blizzard is listening.

That sounds amazing!

7 Likes

I also really like their tattoos.

In that color and brightness, only in Wow style, runic and dark naaru shapes etc.

9 Likes

Ok. I can see that. Thats neat. lol

4 Likes

OMG YESSS!!

2 Likes

I think a neat customization effect would be to have the EE blue skin as an overlay on your actual skin, to different degrees -in a way similar as you can choose undead decomp degree-

It could be slight, medium and full; from just the extremities, to the full body, and then change Entropic Embrace to give more that “lit from bellow” effect.

4 Likes

Hmm. I don’t mind that setup for it.

That actually would be pretty cool for blue skin or natural skin.

Just wanted to update while I was here, I’ve begun adding some of the changes I’ve been working on (as I’m finally happy with the format and what I want to do now.) and over the next day or so (depending on my child and home duties) I should be pushing out the rest.

5 Likes

Excited to see how it all turns out.

Hoping to get some things to add to my compact list.

3 Likes

Well now I’m afraid I wont live up to your expectations!

I’ve gotten most of it up now, though I’m still collating all the pictures and the main list again.

You’ve all suggested so much and given me so much material. @_@

6 Likes

Don’t worry, few people do. Especially myself. :wink:

That is a LOT of pictures I do not envy your task.

One suggestion, you can pretty much remove the “Not stepping on peoples toes” section since this is pretty much the Default Void Elf related thread now.

And any “High Elf” related stuff falls into the “Works for Both” section.

3 Likes

And now I’ve been reminded about my internal insatiably high standards that make no sense. T_T

Doesn’t help that I was away for awhile so I have to shift through a few bookmarks I put in place to find some of them and then put them into my private discord server so I can keep it all straight. then put into the document. Cause of course I had to do this the hardest way I could figure. lol

I was thinking that myself actually while I was editing today… I’m removing that bit and making it a little cleaner.

3 Likes

You could probably save some work just linking some albums.

And here’s one for the pile <_<

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1364942239592456193

Cleaner is always better IMO.

Though I may be biased as I have a hard-set rule of having my list be able to be jotted down on sticky notes.

It’s a constant struggle.

2 Likes

wonderful work! i really like the silver trim heritage armor option. and the other amazing suggestions.

3 Likes

Love the new OP edit.

I especially love the heritage tints idea

They offer more versatile transmog options and RP tools :hugs:

21 Likes

I’d love it if we had silver/platinum heritage. It would be so much better for their dark aesthetics. Also easier to find mogs to mesh with.

7 Likes

Speaking of heritage, I hope we get to separate wings from the chest someday :pleading_face: I wish it was a cloak, grrrr…

16 Likes

Back in the day a lot of people thought it was part of the Void Powers/Void Form.

Finding out it’s part of a chest that doesn’t go with a lot was really disheartening.

4 Likes

Forgive me, perhaps I am confused. I don’t think this is bad in any way just…

Is not Platinum a silver in coloration itself?

Silver and Platinum would just look like a silver and silver mix wouldn’t it?

Can you show me examples? I’m having trouble conceptualizing this.

Adding onto this post from last night, these are the Dark Naaru markings I was referring to;

As you can see them floating above L’ura. Arranged along the arms and legs similar to Nightborne and Lightforged. Possibly as facial tattoos as well.

Also would love the Starcursed wings as a barbershop toggle.

6 Likes