Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

/resists arguing the point and waves instead

o/

/resists arguing the point about velves are dump elves and waves instead

o/

So about those void elves. Lol

1 Like

So The Digimon Adventure: Omega , series ended last week and the final villain was Negamon/Abbadomon, a Digimon who represents the absolute void, and whose ultimate goal is to consume all and then dissipate into nothingness.

Anyway I found it interesting how its motifs were much like the void in WoW. Tentacles, Eyes, Wrappings and Mouths,

`https://wikimon.net/images/4/44/Negamon.jpg`

https://wikimon.net/images/a/ae/Abbadomon_core2.jpg

https://wikimon.net/images/2/28/Abbadomon.jpg

I don’t think we could borrow much from it. Unless you’d like mouths customization…or maybe that burgundy colour for tentacles, that’d be pretty cool. But I thought it was an interesting parallel.

Hey so…

Embarrassing for me a bit but I fainted during this procedure and apparently had a seizure. I have an issue with needles and fainting isn’t so weird for me but little worried bout the seizure part so getting that checked out sometime soon. Still looking to update a bit of the OP tonight.

I just thought it was ridiculously amusing that yet another thing has happened in my RL. This year sucks.

7 Likes

Hope things are ok.

Seizures, definitely not a normal part of flu-shots.

4 Likes

Definitely not what was expected. lol

Getting in touch with my doctor monday to see about a checkup on that.

Holy f, hope that’s nothing serious mate. And hopefully you are well soon!

4 Likes

I’m sorry Fen :frowning: take care of yourself

4 Likes

i’ll switch timelines for ya. surely a different timeline where that streak of unpleasantness ceases and desists, exists if there are infinite versions of right now

2 Likes

oh missed this. thats cool looking!

2 Likes

I think its likely that I just… got really overexcited and my body lost it, but we’ll get it checked out and see whats up.

Like Cal there mentioned… its not really an expected result from a flu shot. lol

Thank you. I’ll get it sorted.

In other news I’m going to go lay down but I wanted to add something to the thread tonight, so I added some threads I find interesting to it. Most of them are either customization threads or allied race threads. If anyone wants to add their thread or a thread they really like thats kinda of the same sort let me know.

5 Likes

Oh my God that’s terrible!! I’m glad you’re OK now!! I’m so sorry that has happened to you :pensive: :disappointed: please make sure you stay well rested and relaxed ok? Don’t worry about the thread, you can always take the features from mine if you wish as I’ve added many peoples ideas on there but first of all prioritise yourself!

5 Likes

Oh I’ve already stolen the things I don’t have from yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’ll be added here. I keep meaning to get over to yours too to post. >.<

2 Likes

Great, that’s absolutely fine! That’s how it’s meant to be. Let’s keep them suggestions in one place as much as possible and don’t forget to stay sensible and prioritise with our requests so as to keep it nice and clear with what we want for the Blizzard art team. Hairstyles and tattoos are at the top of my list, along with old god eyes and entropic embrace skin tones and effects! But for now I’m gonna take some rest. Catch you all lovely chaps later!

4 Likes

Aye. Fiercelords album is a good start and then adding a few more things like some extra tentacles and starcursed hair makes up the bulk of the common “likely” requests.

They’ll be forefront in my rework.

Then followed by the things I think are neat and possible but unlikely then following it up with the more unlikely things.

Some of you who are paying attention may notice that means I’ve changed some of the design for like the fifth time. >.< For that I apologize.

2 Likes

How About void elves have the option to have translucent arms ?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone has suggested it before, but something I think could be a great opportunity would be Sha limbs.

I know there is a fist weapon that look like Sha hands.

Something akin to this:

I don’t know if I’d necessarily be a fan of it as customization though.
Something for an NPC that loses an arm though would be awesome!

Reason I’m iffy on the customization would be that we don’t really have similar examples that are that major. Blind options and eye/bodily scars are a thing, but I’m not sure it’d make a whole lot of sense for suddenly a bunch of players to start have missing limbs unless it occurred through a very specific scenario that explains the lost arm.

10 Likes

Magnificent was the first in this thread though I’ve seen it a few times.

Also nice to see a RWBY reference.

Cinders arm does work well as a Sha concept.

A lesser form that’s more a skin tone would probably work, but yeah having that for an npc or to spice up Umbric maybe would be neat as hell.

3 Likes

Sha-like customization sounds pretty neat for void elves. I wish Y’Shaarj was a bit more present. I always considered that the most interesting old god, especially in terms of design.

5 Likes