Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Kinda amusing to me but otherwise mostly unrelated to this thread, Fenelon accidentally surpassed my main toon in ilvl yesterday…

By the rules my friends use that makes him my main. Lol

6 Likes

They may choose to use the model of the male Sylvari (which is based on female Draenei) as a base to work from since it has a more lithe/attractive look, a tail, horns, and the digitgrade feet.

1 Like

I love that the 2nd post says it’s clear what we want for the future, and that he refers to Void Elves as Alleria’s brethren. :grin: And they acknowledge character customization will be bright in the future for all races!

I like that pretty much every post after the 1st blue response one suggested Alleria’s tattoos as well, that and feathers would do it for me as far as HE stuff went, rest can be all the Void suggestions noted and Starcursed avenues I would love.

9 Likes

Yes please.

I love Hypheria’s concept of “deep-space god/goddess”. I want my Warlock to look like a deep-space goddess, please.

:heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Honestly really wish the blues on the NA forums would be responsive for this too.

I and several others have tried to bring up the voidier options here in the thread they are responding to and it just feels like they’re ignoring us.

High elf stuff is neat, but I love the void themes of void elves and just wish we’d get a snippet or word that they’re seeing what we’re laying down here.

At the very least a, “we’re looking into adding tentacles to the rest of the hairstyles that don’t have them” would be nice.

11 Likes

Very that :hugs:

I do want to look like a deep space deity, an ultraviolet enchantress if you will.

To have that beautiful ultraviolet skintone as an option all of the time coupled with dark naaru runic tattoos in starcursed colors or a lighter violet, such as her crystals :crystal_ball: would truly be as divine as the Void itself :purple_heart: :sparkles:

I’m hoping they’re at least looking at finessing and adding to tentacle toggles. Tentacle colors would be great too :hugs:

I recall Linxy stating that they were just starting to perfect the glowing hands for Nightborne, implying it was a fairly new feature, so my hope is that they’ll look into other options such as starcursed assets once they’ve fully figured out glowing assets for the Nightborne.

12 Likes

10000x this. I’d LOVE actual void skin

3 Likes

In multiple colors!

https://m.imgur.com/T2wuYNh

https://m.imgur.com/a/Ryl9Lu7

:hugs:

14 Likes

I so desperately wish these were added instead of the blondes and brunettes and such.

2 Likes

We can have both :smiley:

I can definitely understand feeling ignored (at one point in the past some Blizz customer service rep said ‘while every voice matters it does not mean every voice must be acted upon’ or some crap like that).

To me the fact that HMT options got added to 9.1.5 and the hand glow thing, as well as the acknowledging of face fixes on NB (hopefully NE too), comes off as they’re working on what feedback we’ve been giving them recently in the background and then revealing them when they have something to show.

While at the same time they acknowledge that more character customization will come for all races as well. It’s more coming off as a patience thing, I think while it could be easy to state, ‘why can’t they leave a simple comment’ I think that is something too easy to say rather than do when you look at how often people in general can become distracted or get further responsibilities tasked to them at a moment’s notice.

I also think because of the precarious situation Blizzard is in right now that every statement they make is probably chosen as carefully as possible, we just don’t get to see that portion - kind of like whenever Presidents do their speeches and its practiced and edited a whole bunch before they actually voice it.

The CM also recognizes that Void Elves need ‘more oomph’ as per Brigante which focuses on the Void aspect of Void Elves. So I do believe more Void Customizations will be coming, possibly even the addtion of tentacles on every hairstyle option.

9 Likes

Maybe. I’d like that for my Void Elf, but then do Blood Elves get more options too? Because they’d desperately need some at that point

Oh my N’zoth, those glowing tattoos :star_struck:

Every time I see those suggestions I just :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

There is no maybe. There will be both (given 50% of it is had already, just need the Voidy portion now). Mark my words.

I guarantee Blood Elves will get more options before Void Elves get new non-copy paste options.

Every race desperately needs more options. I wish people would stop treating the customizations as a tit-for-tat thing, that’s not how they work.

Blizzard hasn’t ever said that’s how they work and they continue to acknowledge every race needs more options and will get them in the future.

4 Likes

I do agree with you. But devils advocate, the tit-for-tat thing came when Void Ekves were created, when Blood Elves got jewelry, when Void Elves got more hair colors and skin colors than Blood Elves. Both sides of the debate have been very bad when it comes to the tit-for-tat attitude.

4 Likes

Just a quick update, I am further on the OP update and expect to have some modifications tonight, last two days I lost the ability to post on my computer then when that got fixed my phone died, then recovering its data was a mess… So uhm…

It’s not been my year.

I know I’m slow and I’m sorry and I promise I’m working on it!

(I’m also getting stabbed today for the Flu lol)

7 Likes

The Markings High elves dark students had in vanilla

https://i.imgur.com/Tgke62S.png

These would be pretty fitting for void elves.

4 Likes

The cult of the damned stuff?

I’d leave it for a potential necromancer class but also… I mean it’s simple. Not like that couldn’t be shared across a lot of races.

6 Likes

DKs are necromancers.

And yeah, I made a thread about it for Humans, Gnomes and Dwarves. Which already have these skins in NPCs. But Velves fit there too. Forsaken could have them as well IMO.

1 Like

They’re not, but let’s not bog this thread down in that discussion lol.

Yeah, I mean it’s a simple design. No real good reason to limit it to one thing.

Toss a nice voidy glow under it, slap it on a velf and call it a day.

1 Like

Necromancer is raising of the dead that is simular to sorcery black magic and I think DK use dark magic to raise the dead so a Death Knight is a Necromancer class.

We don’t have any other class like that in wow except for heros like Ner’zhul.