Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I wonder if there are still people who remember that the void elves were to receive only
the ear size option at 9.1.5.:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

That’s fine but in a general way races need to physically reflect what they actually are, not some players head cannon.

Sure what’s been done is done, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be rectified. I think the worgen treatment would be a good solution.

To be fair there was a group of people (myself included) that always wanted them to include new races in a more malleable and quick way like that. Waiting for an expansion for two every once in awhile was tiresome.

I’d rather Blizzard lean into AR’s rather than customization as a way to do it. (Still want expanded customizations of course though. Its been time for that for an eternity.)

I remember.

All too well.

Which is partly why I don’t expect much void option wise until a later date. (when though I’m finding myself in the weeds for though. Hard to read blizzard right now.)

I’ve often suggested an expansion to the Telogrus Rift in which we see them take control of the Void Storm that occurs on the third island and use it to create more void elves.

In this npc scenario or play or whatever you want to call it you see them infuse many wayfarers and scholars with the void and they “transform” into void elves. However their final form is a randomized version of the customizations we have available. Some retain many “high elf” traits, others do not. Some are half way some are full.

Just gives Void Elves more lore and canonizes that we’re all void elves regardless of the options we choose.

(While we can also still rp high elves as we wish, if we do.)

8 Likes

they have belfs in transistion / learning the void in velf starter zone, so this all works.

i want what scotty has on the enterprise

Oh definitely, but the way they rushed them, at least up to the first 6 was, yikes. But hey BFA was the fastest selling at that point right? marketing worked so good for them.

2 Likes

I think SLs actually broke BfA’s when they promised more core race customization and more alt friendliness.

I also think most of that was just blizzard entirely mishandling their staff and resources. As they often do. We see that in how they had no communcation across races. Why are some races having their scars tied to faces and others not? Some have tattoos that cover the entire body where others don’t.

Draenei and LFD not getting tail options at the same time.

All of these things speak to a horrid mismanagement of resources time and communication.

I’m less inclined to believe it was purely as it was for money. (Though I do think money was why so much was mishandled.)

3 Likes

I’d love to get ‘under the hood’ with blizzards actual texture maps to see just how bad things are. Some may have been so shoddily done that they are difficult to work with.

These days, anyone with Z Brush and substance painter or the like, can make 1000 times better models and textures. And fast!!!

The resources are just so good compared to what they had back in BC. I have to wonder if the story Blizzard tells of ‘spaghetti’ code, and all the other excuses about engine performance are accurate.

2 Likes

Need I remind you that if it wasn’t for us, Void elves would have gotten nothing. They literally just wanted to give them ear size options at first. Now, blaming Helfers for the copy pastes is a bit unfair. Many of us suggested new and unique hair colour combinations. Either way, it is perfectly clear that it was not Blizzard’s intention to give Void Elves anything this patch and the only reason they did so was because of the overwhelming amount of requests.

I would like to believe they are saving our main void themed customization options for a later patch, albeit unsure which patch. Perhaps in the pre-patch like Fen said. Or at 10.0 launch. Though I’d expect core races will be brushed up again in 10.0 just like it happened in 9.0. They may decide to follow that pattern.

6 Likes

Warlocks are getting an incubus glyph!

I so hope they use the blood elf model for him ( with tail and horns )

Is there a certain model you would like to see?

It would be great to get an option for either sex to be star cursed. And instead of the butt spank, the idle would be he pulls out some star cursed balls and juggles them.

1 Like

i posted mine last night, just goofin. when i play lock, i typically employ blueberry

hehe

mine is better. he’s upgraded and can do archaeology missions!
“go forth, mr. professor, and bring back trinkets, half of which you may keep for yourself, to maintain the fedora!”

1 Like

I’m not sure about this. Specially if they are doing the other 3 starter ones first. Either way is not good to leave velves out arbitrarily.

Doubt they will use a playable model.

2 Likes

i dunno if incubs will even make it into the game, since in mythology they um…R word their victims, impregnant them and then the victim gives birth to more incubs

So, they are warcraft orcs.

/blink
/blink
really?

Well, that’s the lore of how Garona was born after all, and Garona and the other few mixed with draenei were born due warlock experiments, as generally orcs and draenei can’t conceive, otherwise there’d be a lot more.

That’s also the reason why there’s supposed to be half-orcs in Azeroth. Is not orcs being friendly.

oh some do that in other words. with incubs, its their primary way of reproducing, which is weird since in wow they’re summoned from the twisting nether not from azeroth

I mean yeah that’s what incubus do in demonology, but that doesn’t need to be their lore in WoW. Blizz has done many excuses and versions for them over the years, saying they are subjugated by the females or that they are too few in number. But I’m sure their lore will be the same as the current sayaad now.

After all if we go by demonology, Succubi are also quite…forceful themselves hah.

2 Likes

yeah that needs to be officially established, that wow incubs just do the same thing succi’s do so they dont end up getting removed. its no sweat off my nose, either way, as i dont use anything but blueberry when i do play lock. i thought locks were wow’s version of a frost mage and blueberry was frost pet, when i first started, as i didnt pay attention to class names for a bit. as a result when i saw lock with succi i thought they were necromancers lol
<–former everquest player hehe

this was/is max level necro pet of original game

these guys were scary as heck.

some low level player would swim out to their island tower to see what was there and end up aggroing the whole island, which has like 6 or so specters when fully spawned. and if they survived long enough to get to the mainland where people were leveling, the specters would cut a swath of destruction (they dont reset till you leave zone) thru all the lowbies. when someone shouted “SPECTERS!” people would start running for the zone line. lol

1 Like

The Sayaadi I don’t believe do the same things their rl namesake does. (Rl being the myths of course lol)

They have some vague references to understanding using love and torture but more… intimate things seem to be less what the wow demon is into.

3 Likes

Blizzard has posted that they are doing an incubus glyph for Warlocks. I can’t link but it is in GD, thread by Blizzard : The Evolution of creative content. Paragraph 6.

2 Likes