Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

looks at my new OP draft almost complete for the fifth time

O-O

flips table

I’m entirely kidding. Please keep suggesting things! I’ll get em up there eventually I swear!

9 Likes

Sorry my friend :smiley: I will take it slow for now, so that you can get caught up. I’m still thinking of some Void Elf alterations I’d like to see as well, so I look forward to the updates.

3 Likes

Please do not go slow!

I live for this.

3 Likes

Wowhead just featured those hairstyles from Lu0ren.

That will get some visibility.

14 Likes

Hey I just saw that!

I was quite happy to see Wowhead pick that up. They’re very good hairstyles for us.

7 Likes

I totally love the one with the pale skin, then purple arms and legs. I’d go for glowing tattoos on the dark purple areas, also, the black skin would be amazing with glowing runes/tattoos.

8 Likes

Ah yes. Many people have requested that one.

There’s a few variants as well where the purple is in different areas.

I think getting a smattering of those types of tones would be wonderful.

The onyx, or as I’d like to call it for one particular poster I met, Obsidian is wondrous.

I kinda hope our tattoos glow at least while we are in void state.

13 Likes

Those are some gorgeous tattoos :hugs:

They really play well into the cosmic deep space starcursed aesthetic well.

I’m also actually really loving a couple of the headdresses I’m seeing in a couple pics as well and would make for great Void Elf Jewelry and tiaras too!

The full Starcursed hair concept is also amazing and would pair well with an entropic embrace toggle option to have it on all the time, and also just by itself ofc.

But to have a static EE skintone, a full Starcursed hair color and glowing tattoos on top of those would be divine and along with more tentacle options and even some Ethereal type wrappings would really bring the Void concept to it’s full potential.

I’d love all of them if I could, but I like the Corrupted natural looks and the more purple tones. I feel like the ones with the splotches could be it’s on toggle.

I also really like the Onyx/Obsidian color too, as I find when I want to use the Void aesthetic, I want to go deep with them for color.

This is about as deep as I can go now for color, but I’d definitely love some darker choices.

As for the EE skins themselves and implementing them as a static tone, here’s my idea;

Give the skin as a toggle along with the ability to customize both the skin color and hair color.

Also change the actual EE animation, having it correspond with a starcursed option you pick for your character be it dark blue starcursed, dark violet sc, light violet, light blue, etc.

So when the actual proc goes off, it appears as an actual Starry aura, again darker for those who prefer a heavier Void aesthetic and lighter for those who would prefer a more natural appearance.

They could also add tentacles sprouting for when the effect goes off too, for those who have their tentacles toggled on.

Barring an actual EE toggle, I’d also gladly take them as a straight up skin tone, achieving a similar effect.

I’d also like the idea to choose tattoos that constantly glow and tattoos that don’t.

9 Likes

Glowing tattoos and darker skin are defiantly a good direction they should go for Void Customizations.

Obligatory Alleria Void Form.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9L1fMXXEAEkY6D.png

15 Likes

Did you see the new Void elf hairstyles made by Faebelina? The tentacles are woven into the hairstyles! https://imgur.com/a/mf0OSaH

11 Likes

Very nice. I like them.

Wish more folk would show off male hairstyles sometimes though. lol

EDIT: Minor update. I have to go on a short trip for about a week and I will update the threads OP finally shortly after I return.

17 Likes

Yello!

So Brigante, from the EU forums, has suggested something I find very interesting personally!

Basically, he suggests that one of the customizations for Entropic Embrace could be like “fractal” energies emanating from the body:

Example image: https://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Maya-Antares-Red-Star-Image-Comics-shields-h.jpg

13 Likes

I just seen this but I shall miss you dearie and although I just gave you hugs in the other thread here’s more. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

Not exactly what I’d use but I’ll add it to the list. Interesting idea.

GW2 uses magitech shields kind of like that too.

Ah, I’ll still have my phone and laptop so I wont be “gone” but I will probably be a might bit quieter. Regardless I cannot work on my thread update while I’m there. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just won’t be in the mindset for it honestly. The purpose of the trip is a memorial to my father who passed in march.

Thank you though! :hugs:

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that dearie, you have my condolences and my sympathies and I understand fully why you wouldn’t want to be on the forums during such an important time.

Also it might not help like help but here’s more hugs because really that sucks and I’m really sorry. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss. I recently lost my closest aunt a couple months ago. The world just feels wrong without her in it. She’s the relative who was closest to me, second only to my mother. Not everyone is close with every family member, but when you are close to someone, it really hits you hard when they pass.

10 Likes

Awww, that really sucks and I’m really sorry to you as well dearie, you also get hugs. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

7 Likes

I am sorry to hear that.

6 Likes

Thank you all.

Aye. I’m never prepared for the odd things that cause me to lose it.

Small things I never realized were important to my relationship with my father until now.

Thinking to myself as I update my families recipe’s that I need to share with him what I’ve done only to remember moments before. Or trying to send him a picture of my son…

You’re never prepared.

I am truly sorry for your loss as well Nico.

12 Likes

First off, my Condolences to Fen and Nico :pray: :hugs:

I’m thinking something akin to the aura Ardenweald Soulshapes have, Starry with the energies spiraling around them;

That color and a lighter violet could actually work for it as well as the darker starcursed violets and blues more on par with the original EEs color range.

This kinda goes with my EE toggle and customization ideas in my last post.

9 Likes