Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

So sorry to hear that Fen. Sending my prayers and thoughts for you.

4 Likes

My oldest brother had contact with Brigante in the past and regards him of one the nicest people from the European community.

4 Likes

Can’t believe people are still not happy and now want the racial that last a few seconds to be customizable lmao.

1 Like

Thank you both.

I could see that working.

How would you feel if it was more designed off our current starcursed gem look? (Or perhaps that hair that Turokan made the other day. )

5 Likes

I’d definitely welcome that Starcursed coloration for sure :+1:

I still also really like the potential idea of it corresponding to a starcursed toggle option that could apply to hair, hands, feet, tattoos, etc.

Having the built in ability to customize the coloration as well, with the proc opening with a flash, reminiscent to a supernova exploding and collapsing into itself, giving way to the darker colored aura and stars, visually replicating a black hole, which feels fairly voidy.

Those who chose the darker colors would enjoy the darker visuals while those who chose lighter colors would make it look more magical and those who have it toggled off would only see the initial flash.

I realize I may be overcomplicating the idea and would definitely be fine with just the straight up SC coloration Turokan showed the other day, which is gorgeous in itself.

I just really like choices and the amount of player agency this could offer, personalizing said effect and maximizing RP tools.

5 Likes

While I don’t think I’d likely ever turn mine off on any of my toons (it doesn’t bother me enough even on my one high elf.) I do think there is some merit in the choice to change it up a bit.

Of course high elf fans would enjoy turning it off as well. Though I’ve noted several Void Elf folk seem to be interested in that too.

I do think that Blizzard is unlikely to do this one, or if they do they’ll likely only do something rather simple, like turn it off or turn it on.

Which would sadden me honestly.

The ideas many of you have put forth seem really interesting and if they ever gave me a Starcursed option I’d bet I’d switch to that one myself. lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I realize the farther I go with these ideas, the less likely they are to happen, but I definitely like to cast a wide net on the off chance it could. Plus it’s fun to brainstorm ideas :hugs:

But yeah, I could see them Toggling it off and on with the Starcursed aura as a possible third option.

3 Likes

Wow- that second picture with the starry skin and amethyst circlet is amazing!!! And I love the glowing facial paint or tattoo on the first.

So hope for the option to see void elves going in a magical, mysterious, and unique direction from the high/blood elves.

To add to your ideas about options for glowing/ non glowing tattoos, how about glowing or star cursed tattoos that go off when e. embrace is triggered?

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that Fen. I lost my own dad a couple years ago, I was only 22. I wish you the strength to push through these difficult times and come out stronger.

5 Likes

Condolences and warm hugs to Fen and Nicko :milky_way: :purple_heart: :milky_way:

4 Likes

Friends, did you notice that in the PTR the bandanas have a more “Quel’dorei” style?

https://i.ibb.co/30NHTBX/Bandana.png

1 Like

The new ones seem to be using the belf texture still. Though weird they changed the velf ones to belf ones instead of the other way around. I’d rather they be dark blue and silver TBH.

EDIT: Just read all that above, sorry to hear that, I too extend my condolences.

It is possible it is just a PTR Thing. Some things that do appear on the PTR will appear differently on retail.

The truth is that yes, just enter to post this, I did not read the above, sorry. Condolences to Fen and Nicko

3 Likes

Only the new hair colors have different hair accessory colors, and that’s due to them being straight up copy/pastes of the Blood Elf hair textures. Blizzard should ideally have the hair models reference the original Void Elf hair texture file’s hair accessory section to keep consistency, but that takes time/effort, and they may have other reasons for leaving it as is.

4 Likes

True, I had been excited about that :cry:

That is curious.

Perhaps there is hope for them adding tentacles to the hairstyles missing them after all…

Ah.

Oh well.

Still have hope for adding of tentacles along with the removal.

4 Likes

I’m holding out hope that when the time comes that Void Elves get new hairstyles, Blizzard will address the adding of tentacles to the new ones and existing ones that have none.

Assuming whatever future hairstyles Void Elves get are brand new assets, I would expect them ALL to have tentacles since we now have the tentacle toggle. I’m less confident about ported styles from other races, but it’s not impossible to add tentacles to any style, as Talendrion has shown us.

5 Likes

I hope that velves get new hairstyles that are designed to work with and without tentacles, and NOT Belf hairstyles.

Even for the helf fantasy, the more loosened, flowing hair that characterizes Velves fits better.

11 Likes

Guys EU CM’s are asking us for more customization ideas!!

If you have a EU forum account please share them here:

7 Likes