Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Too soon… Way too soon…

2 Likes

I’m gonna call it Voidalaran

4 Likes

I’ve been sort of roleplaying my Hunter as a Blood Elf ranger that joined the void elves in studying of the void.

https://i.imgur.com/Gjjp8yT.png

Though I do wish I had the cloth version of a full Silvermoon apperance as it would suit better as a mage, but only Void Elf I have left is my hunter and only got between the mail and leather.

3 Likes

Imgur

7 Likes

Awesome mog!

3 Likes

It’s actually the Blood Elf starting area armor before they were removed from being starting area gear. The shoulders, I forgot where those were from, and I’m using the Sin’dorei cape from the Trading post. And I forgot the name of the bow.

2 Likes

I believe you can get that again since they added the ability to get white and grey mogs, but fact check me there XD

3 Likes

Yes, all starting gear was added back into vendors I can’t remember in which patch.

2 Likes

theres a named rogue belf who paths in stealth around bloodmyst isle in 2 locations - cryo core or vector coil. she drops the og belf robe, leather tunic or mail chestpiece

4 Likes

Yeah, I think for the Horde, it was somewhere in Orgrimmar, while for Alliance, we have to travel to Old Hillsbrad.

1 Like

I cannot express enough like for the ideas in this thread, both the bizarre and the potential use of the spectacular astral, starry effects.

Silly anecdotal story: As I was driving down 75 after work and getting to the edge of town, I decided to play the Telogrus Rift music, as it had been stuck in my head from doing the quests there (seriously that music is so good). I had forgotten it was occurring, but the aurora borealis came into view. It was stunning, to say the least. Almost unbelievable timing perhaps, but as I drove I began to really reconsider my views on the void elves. To be clear, I still have desires of adding uncorrupted elves and by extension player customization options to reflect it into their ranks, as I feel that this growing race has enough substance to support both of these aesthetics (and story wise makes a good deal of sense), I really have started to see the vastness of possibilities that their existence brings. While I hope that they do add more options to support the “high elf” rp with things like like blue and silver colorways in heritage and other armors, those themes should by no means take any form of precedence over the void themes and its future for them.

Regardless of any moments of negativity I might have expressed in my short time on these forums so far, I genuinely do have a lot of hope for not just the future of this race, but also this game we all love. Everything may not be perfect, but overall I think we’re all in a pretty good place right now with a lot to look forward to. They’re doing a great job, especially the art team. And back to the subject of void elves, I am surprised how even just a few more quests and flavor really has started to flesh them out. At one point I was wholly unimpressed by void elves, but I am pleased to admit I may have misjudged their potential. More celestial and starry effects please blizz!! :comet: :star2: :sparkles: :star_and_crescent:

I genuinely cannot wait for more about these people!!! Especially others though. I like Alleria well enough, but she’s getting plenty of face time. Umbric is way cooler :sunglasses:

He needs a last name though. Unless that is his last name, then he needs a first one

6 Likes

Red-Shirt-Guy made an interesting retweet.

So that explains quite a few things.

1 Like

I think he is mistaken, though.

For one, Voidlight Everdawn uses the Void Elf voice. The echo-y reverb one.

Secondly, she has unnatural blue eyes currently only used by Dragon NPCs in their human forms, implying some kind of magical effect from studying the Void the same way the old High Elf Wayfarer NPCs had glowy blue DK eyes lol

Thirdly, she uses the new Void priest attack animations in the combat scenario in the Dark Heart quest.

Fourthly, her dialogue implies she is harnessing the void and light together.

So I would say she definitely is a Void Elf, or at the very least on her way to becoming one in full.

2 Likes

The original question was about the High Elf Wayfarers.

Implying she’s a High Elf who learned Void stuff and became a Void Elf.

5 Likes

I mean, that guy clearly didn’t know and was only venturing a guess. I imagine its safe to assume that those wayfayers became Void elves, but whether or not she was one of them is up for debate. We saw other blood elves with normal High elf eyes afterall.

“This is the ideal Void Elf body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.”

7 Likes

id completely change race to join these void elves. what a awesome post.
blizzard has to have seen this right?
VOID elves > Hi elves
what a expansion for them to do this too. with xally out and velfs having more story. perfect time

2 Likes

Squirrel Elves when? :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated:

3 Likes

The way that they have void-touched FX on the ends of some Earthen NPC’s hair makes me excited for potentially adding the same to Void Elves as a starcursed hair option!

8 Likes

I legit think they saw that artwork on here, or twitter a while ago. Which inspired the new Alleria model’s hair.

So here’s hoping.

2 Likes