Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I think we talked about this once upon a time in a thread in the past.

I had basically called it a Void Sovereign, plate wearing class that offered options similar to paladin though the DPS and healer options would be more spellcaster focused and the tank would be another 1h dual wield / 2h tank that would augment their body using runic carvings into their armor to transmorph their body with the void. Like we have the neat art asset of Demon Spikes for Vengeance Demon Hunters the Void Sovereign tanking would allow hardened chitin carapace to form, tentacles, eye stalks, eyes, etc for their attacks / abilities.

I think making a void class would be really fun.

I mean, I don’t see an issue with them returning to Silvermoon, but the pilgrimage to the Sunwell would have to be off-limits. Unless there is someway to dampen the Light and Void volatile nature.

You’re assuming the Sunwell is gonna survive Midnight lol.

I feel like there’s a high possibility it’s destroyed in the void invasion leading into the last titan, or at the very least permanently altered in some way.

Perhaps it’s permanently infused half with Void and half with Light

heh, indeed.

And we still are waiting for

• Customization (they did get some blood elf skins and hair colors, plus ear size, but that’s it)
  • Their own lore to be fleshed out (10.2.7 is a start but it’s still so little)
  • Their relationship with high elves to be fleshed out
  • To know if they transform elves or nowadays you just need to study the void to become a “void elf”.

Still so long to go before this race has more than “bare bones” lore and customization…

3 Likes

I believe this is answered in the new Emberthal Visage questline.

I’m disgusted that they finally show a Void Elf Paladin and they don’t use Void purple color. Just generic light.

Such laziness.

Counter, new lore!

ECLIPSE KNIGHTS

7 Likes

Dont you see? WE HAVE AN IN!

Actual lore and basis for Void Elf Paladins existing and how they work in WoW that we can build off of.

7 Likes

To all my void elf paladin supporters, I salute you
:rainbow_flag: :transgender_flag:

4 Likes

I like this npc bcz we have similar naming I said so me coded, but mostly bcz ppl kept thinking the light part of the name was a last name for my guy and i was like well no it’s his name ijbol like

Also isn’t there stay and listen awhiles someone said idk who that pertained to but what was that text

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know why we still don’t have Green-eyed Void Elves as a playable option, considering that they exist in the lore (a group of Blood Elf NPCs has been in Telogrus Rift since Legion).

I expect playable Green-Eyed Void Elves to come in Midnight.

3 Likes

You know, i finally did the questline.
And i felt… nothing.

I dont even know why exactly.
Le sigh

Im race changing this vulpera to void elf for the world soul saga.

The void elves are gonna play a crucial role goinf forward as xalatath brings the void and im all for it.

2 Likes

I would make a void elf paladin, but I think the yellow effects should be purple. We can have our source from the void Naru since it’s opposite of the the light Naru.

Such as holy priest becoming paladins of the light, shadow priests can be paladins of the void.

I think undead would qualify for the same transaction.

Now that you mention it.

It does indeed seem like she may be a dark naaru

2 Likes

To me Light-wielding Void Elf Paladins are feasible with the same logic that was used for Lightforged Draenei Warlocks.

https://x.com/Warcraft/status/1678498636731121666

He talks about it about 30 seconds in.

“The biggest implications for players familiar with our lore are Lightforged Draenei, that’s the big one. And then obviously, because all of Warlocks’ powers are predicated upon kind of Fel and Void usage, how does that jive?”

2 Likes

Im going to play it again on another character and see if anything changes

Edit: i worked it out.
Void elves are cool.
Alleria sucks.

I don’t think the light-wielding Void elf paladin is actually wielding light in the same capacity that Night elf paladins and Tauren don’t. If you speak to her she refers to “twilight” which is a bit different, and probably the logic Blizzard is using on why she’s able to use it as a void elf.

Because your heart is migrating towards dwarf, as it should…

4 Likes