Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

That’s highly debatable,

But also no really, he was born in 1892 and died in 1973. Most people of his demographic at that period of time were racist and held bigoted opinions about black people.

Also he was born in South Africa a state that only ended apartheid in the 1990s.

Sorry to hit you with a reality check but no he was definitely racist

Can we please not discuss topics of actual racism.
Thats how threads get shut down.
And this thread needs to stay open.

5 Likes

The void weaver hero talents for spriest look cool, and I’ve seen how alleria’s arrows look and it’s super similar to how I RP this too using void magic with her ranger skills. Kinda like a voidy spellbow. A full on void class and class skins would be nice!

1 Like

I don’t expect them to take things away from any race, they will just add more.

So we need an explanation of why this would happen, and why Umbric’s VEs have blue/purple skin, and Alleria doesn’t, and why someone would subject to it as well, since it was involuntary for all of them.

Wdym? You are debating. Zero sense.

Give me an official lore example of it.

Well, yes, that’s not an insult.

Who? Delas? Who else? Who said NEs can be paladins? Why can’t NE players be paladins then? Again, you lack consistency in your arguments. And the NPC the other user mentioned does not have a name even, while Delas has lore and depth. You are completely biased.

I’d really like to see one of these, feel free to show me.

They can. And they contradicted lore more than once, what they need to do is adapt lore, but we didn’t really have an adaptation for these contradictions yet, and that’s the problem.

That’s fear.

I am aware “lighter” means weight, what’s more relevant there is the sun and fire thing, which in WoW means something to match the bright and golden light of the sun, and fire.

I am completely open for real lore examples.

And I was not the person who made it a great deal by the way, people accused me of something I didn’t say or meant, and I answered.

Anyway, this subject can die here if you don’t mind, the thread is about something else.

One thing I hope we get at some point, probably won’t be until Midnight, is a void rift portal hearthstone. We have the ethereal nether portal one, but I do wish we had one that looks like the rifts. Would be cool! I also like matching my hearthstones to my characters.

7 Likes

I would prefer them to create a new full void class theme than making shadow priest into it. I particularly liked shadow priest more when they had nothing to do with void, and more about truly shadow and death magic, which is also why most of them are undead, and we know they don’t worship the void.

Imo turning shadow into a void spec was a mistake, and I would like it if they removed this from priest and made a new void class instead. But I doubt they will do anything like that.

I do too, I like to use the Maldraxxus’ HS, especially when I am wearing a green set.

I wish that race mattered more in the RP side of things in the game. Like, that the game acknowledged your race more often. It adds so much flavor.

Rarely it does this. For example in Dragonflight’s Emerald Dream Worgen can just walk up to the Shrine of Goldrinn and collect the boon without proving themselves with a mark. That’s so cool!

Anyway on to my point for this thread:

How neat would it be if sometimes Void Elves heard the whispers from the void and the old gods? It would be kinda like when shadow priests carried Xal’atath around when she was still bound to a dagger.

I’m a sucker for Old God stuff and Void Elves having a unique interaction with those places/story beats would be amazing.

3 Likes

I wish that too. Like right now npcs treat my man’ari and a typical Draenei. No, I want them to be distrustful, even hateful of her!

I enjoy it when there’s mentions of our races and really wish blizz would lean more into that. Even just some dialog options would be nice.

I’m also still hoping that I get some interesting dialog since this toon never gave N’zoth back his gift. My Spriest would be interesting too since she has Xalatath and N’zoth’s gift.

1 Like

I never cared much about race for a long time because of how meaningless the game makes it sounds. So I already played all elves, and also human, but the only race I can truly care about and I actually like the capital city and map is blood elf, maybe because it was my very first character? I don’t know exactly, but I also was always into Tolkien elves, especially the Noldor, which blood elves remind me a lot of, especially their lore.

I think all races need more emphasis, aesthetical identity is nice, but also more epic lore, which I don’t see in most races.

1 Like

theoretically, theres no reason they cant since they access nature, fel, death, arcane, shadow and light already. only thing missing is elemental

I suppose Blizzard will make NE paladin playable yet, since they are planning to add more combinations. I also suppose they will make blood elf druid at some point. I mean, they even made orc priest playable…

1 Like

yes, they need to do this.

1 Like

I would have disagreed with it 10 years ago, but there’s actually lore background for it.

Im jealous. Im constantly looking for the perfect character and always find something about them to ruin it for me, or leaves me wanting more XD

Return to Eversong Woods… Remember the Sunwell.

I’ve often thought that a new void melee class would be neat!

I doubt we’ll see it though so I often request only about a new spec or class skin for current ones.

The Void could easily be done either way.

And a debate for another thread. This isn’t pertinent here.

Yes thank you. Lets stay on topic.

:eyes:

5 Likes

ive been playing dragonquest 11 and noticed they have a proc where if all members of your party also have the proc, they can perform some mega spell cast. so lets say if you’re in a group or raid, theres a mega button, and when it lights up, it selects which mega race/class its gonna perform. each race has their race/class specific mega. so mega button lights up, and if void is selected by random, the Void elfs mega could be to turn their party or raid into n-zoth for a few seconds and everyone could access one of n-zoths abilities. if its fire mage mega it might be mega ragnaros. dh mega illidan. warriors mega saurfang, dk mega lich king, and so on.

Wouldnt doubt it if we get it as part of tgr Midnight Collector’s edition

3 Likes