Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I am looking forward to the Worldsoul Saga in general.

I’m trying to keep my expectations and hope low but I hope we get a cool mog or something, idk. Just something!

2 Likes

I guess the point everyone is making is that… it doesn’t really matter? It doesn’t really change anything, and if something so minor bothers you like a skin color it gives a racist impression. Which I think you’re fully aware of at this point so I don’t really see the need to keep pushing it. So let’s try to curb the side railing, and try to focus on the topic of the thread.

3 Likes

There is a lot that I do want, but I’m not keeping my hopes up.

3 Likes

A long time ago I advocated for giving void elf googly eye hair. It was more of a joke but I just want more void elf lore

I think we can expect some new customizations, and a lot of interesting lore for the Void elves at the very least.

2 Likes

I want to expect something, but I don’t want to fall into disappointment. I’m just going to be waiting and seeing.

Nah. They shouldn’t take things away from any race that has been granted customizations. Besides it fits well for those newer void elves still going through the process to become a new one.

Given the Arathi have the dark phase of that crystal its not impossible.

Alleria’s becoming a void elf was different than Umbrics group yes, however, this doesn’t mean others could not walk Alleria’s path. In fact her path is the only known successful way they could do so at this time.

Though I do hope the patch shows new void elves being made just so we can put that to rest once and for all. lol

This is a customization thread not a debate thread. Take that elsewhere please.

This.

Its much more likely that they’re following in Alleria’s shoes and maybe being given a void infusion from that void storm on the third island.

There isn’t a reason that void elves couldn’t have been raised during the 4th war…

We are a great thing. You’re just blind to possibility. You’d make a poor void elf. :stuck_out_tongue:

Night Elves can be paladins. Players can’t. Night Elf Paladins are canon.

This argument is foolish.

Never say never.

I’m sure it will take on a slightly different form but I don’t think any of this is immensely beyond the realm of possibility.

They’ve had dark skin tones in lore since Cata… we just didn’t get them until now.

Blizzard literally cannot contradict lore… they make the lore. They can retcon lore… but its still lore… Putting in these types of NPCs and options makes them canon options. Whether or not they’re explained particularly doesn’t change that.

I am putting you on ignore from here on out.

Yes that would be grand!

6 Likes

After some thought, I think he’s just using some of the Void elf customizations but is still just an Arathi (although it is weird that he has the void elf eyes.) But blizzard might just be incorporating velf options on elf NPCs along with belf options just to give them more diversity.

I think there was even a Blood elf using Void elf options in Bfa.

3 Likes

Aye thats probably the more likely scenario though I do love the idea that they’ve stumbled upon their own void elves (void half elves) because of that tantalizing crystal…

So many questions I have for this expansion. Rather excited.

2 Likes

Heck yeah!
Finally time to see who/what those cubes are haha

2 Likes

Ooo lots of new posts, did someone post some new art or customizations? New lore from the Alpha?

reads

… oh

6 Likes

omygosh i finally got the moonlit set from maxxing out trading post for 12 months or something. the moonlit looks amazing on velfs. it has a shimmery purple/blue sheen, almost like mother of pearl

here it is.
https://i.imgur.com/RLGn9Eh.png

4 Likes

Imgur

6 Likes

ty! the artist did such a good job

The reason why blood elves were white only is because of Tolkien, who a lot of fantasy is is inspired by. However he’s a racist, who made elves beautiful white people and used African physical traits for monstrous races like orcs.

Ever since , fantasy has been propping up elves as white blond hair blue eyed people. (Sounds infamously familiar)

And despite the varied origins of elves in fantasy until ffxiv I was never able to make a black elf.

Then wow finally updated their elves to have black skin.

And what you call pandering is essentially making up for years of racism towards people of darker complexions.

this is especially true for the poc skin colors because the more sun the deeper the shade as the skin absorbs the light

this doesnt mean skin color but body mass, et. al, lithe. lightweight. its what make elfin archers and rogues so good - agile, swift

2 Likes

Except Tolkien wasn’t racist. So… that entire argument is moot.

they werent white only. there were deep olive shades, also

I really want a void class. Not a specialization… a full on, full blown, VOID CLASS. :octopus:

4 Likes