Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I honestly don’t see that ever happening.

The closet would be like what we have this season with Shadowflame, so maybe a Void tint on certain abilities to show a mixing, but a whole class aesthetic swap for 1 race? Nah.

I agree that skin void should be available to everyone.
I think we should still request it, maybe one day Blizzard decides to add class/spec skins.

4 Likes

Nah not just for velves, for all imo. Even if the spell recolors are disabled in pvp/m+/raid whatever I still would love class skins in general, or something you have to toggle on.

3 Likes

It’s actually the exact same.

The warlock green fire quest literally changed all warlock fire spells to use green flame except the shadow flame one.

That is the closest.

It would be for everyone as every request has always been.

4 Likes

And thus the idea that you can’t change the appearance of racials has been thrown out the window.

8 Likes

But Warlocks already used Fel is the thing.

Lorewise sure.

Far as gameplay and applying that effect upon other classes this is the same thing.

It’s something blizzard can do and they have now proven they will do it to flavor a racial even.

For all subraces plied to currently playable races this shows they can go the route of having the alternate look to the racial or class abilities.

For void elves we could start with void colorations for things like Paladin to avoid any frustrations and for other races they could do a quest line to unlock it.

Even for other classes this could be amazing. Priests getting holy with void flavor or spirit flavor or tidepriest flavor.

Dark Rangers getting banshees scream instead of arcane torrent. (same effect just a scream effect).

5 Likes

That one concept with the extra eyes is so amazing

1 Like

I thought the same, but the reverse (changing the appearance of the void elf racial for high elf/dark ranger roleplayers).

Your idea sounds very cool though, we have the precedent of Felfire customizations for warlocks.

3 Likes

Not really, though. They use Fire and one Chaos spell (Chaos bolt). So giving players the option to use Felfire was quite brave back then.

blink blink

Warlocks use Fel. Warlocks have always had Fel stuff.

It’s not “brave” to give them more Fel stuff.

In terms of your in-game character class spells? No (or rather, not until now), they never had any Fel spells other than Chaos bolt. They used Fire. It’s only in recent expansions that they’ve been given a few Fel spells (there’s a PVP talent called Fel Bonds I think it was, I love that spell - hate it it’s pvp only lol).

In general terms and concerning other warlocks apart from your character? Indeed, we have Gul’dan as a master Fel warlock.

The point is Warlocks have always been associated with Fel, it wasn’t “brave” or out of left field… to give them Fel customizations.

Void elves use the void.

It won’t be brave or out of left field of they got a void skin for paladin spells.

Disc exists as well as the concepts for void and light interacting, balancing or using between the two. It won’t be brave or out of left field for other paladins to have access to it as well.

3 Likes

Brave for 1 race to get a class skin.

The left field would be for other races to get it barring any sort of lore set up, which we have none atm.

We WANT good elf paladins, that’s different that saying there’s lore already for void paladins/void knights.

Agree that these are very grey and flat- it looks like they tried to throw some life into them with the lighting… wish they had done an ombre if they were going to do pale.

I am still hoping for star cursed and beautiful void ombre with even longer tentacles. The Dracthyr actually got a few styles that would look great in Void Elf dark blues, royal purples and star cursed. :purple_heart: :milky_way:

We’re asking for it for everyone. Some races would start with it but everyone would be able to get it.

I imagine velves, forsaken orcs and worgen would start with it.

There’d also be moonlight thememing for night elves but also available for others.

It’s just void… And I’d imagine the quest would be the lore buildup like it was for green fire.

4 Likes

Not the player warlock, no. Fel (back in vanilla) was associated with evil, very dark magic. That perspective has changed over the course of time, as we clearly see today. (So yes, it was brave to do that back in the day, so much so there were quite a few players that were not okay with green fire warlocks, both in game and forums).

If anything, it would be spot on. I admit I didn’t have much hope, but after seeing how devs changed the Draenei racial, I’m getting my hopes up again for void class skins. I would love a shadowfrost mage skin as well. Void skins for all classes!

insert Oprah gif

1 Like

Warlocks. The DEMON summoning Warlocks.

Anyways I see this conversation is fruitless and our perceptions are too radically different so I’m bowing out.

Indeed, the player summons and enslaves demons “for the greater good”. Again, the perspective has radically changed over time, so much so the lore has been retconned several times, so it’s all moot now lol

Oh, I was having a cordial conversation on my part, I never intended to make you feel uncomfortable. Sorry if that was the case!

1 Like