Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Soooooo about that whole

Megadungeon Spoilers Iridikron and Xalatath teaming up…

3 Likes

I hope we see some new Void Elf hairstyles added to the 10.1.7 ptr as they update it.

5 Likes

Looking at some of those new customizations in the next patch coming up and I can’t help but to focus on the “& More” part.

With Draenei getting Man’ari options I wonder if theres a chance for eyes or scars or tattoos for Void Elves…

9 Likes

One can only hope :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Wow incredible ideas.

If we could farm a cosmetic skin option that lets us turn our skin into the void looking sky that would be awesome.

Gw2 has a similar skin.

Also yes pls on the transmog looking skin with the wraps …oh and the tentacle options yessss.

2 Likes

Still desperately asking Blizz for ombre hair for my elves!

7 Likes

I don’t think that would be a neat aspect of a spec for the void class. Like we see Demon Spikes for Vengeance DH, it would be really cool to see like a Void tank that uses etching or void runes on their armor to augment their body and enable transformations. Growing husk like scales, spike covered oversized arms; like thinking very Dr. Jeckle / Mr. Hyde. The etchings / runes on the plate armor allow the void user to control the mutation from completely spreading and allows a mixing of different types of void aberrations unique mutations.

I think the void class being full plate that’s tanking, dps, and either a healer or a support. I’d want the DPS option to be a spellcaster at range, so we’d have a full plate void caster that uses void portals to summon creatures. Like similar to demonology for warlocks but very heavy leaning on like the Unstable Portals that destruction uses. Void tears that call in cosmic rays, void tentacles, swarms of voidspawn, etc etc. Then the support using a lot of void spells, curses, hexes, etc to debuff enemies, siphon their life, mutate allies temporarily to buff stats and attacks… Since Augmentation Evoker the idea of support has become a great option for new classes and it fits void really well.

1 Like

I thought it’d be kinda cool. Also draws inspiration from a number of locations in the game. I was thinking like a shadowpriest, but instead something more physical rather than shadowy. Twisting of the flesh. I also figured it should be an optional thing.
I quite like the idea of the body mutations and such, that’s all very fitting for what I was thinking as well. Even a class-heritage set of weapons that looked like they were made from your own body like like some of the sha and void inspired weapons/shields etc.
Etchings or runes is a neat idea. We see a lot of that in some of the 8.3 stuff they added. Screams, words, whispers are all things that’d work as well.

I like the idea of having an option to continually fight in your aberration form and it’s something I wish was an option with demon hunters as well. Illidan does it, so having some sort of option to do it via baseline or talents would be great.

I don’t even mind if the class wasn’t plate based and focused more on their own body/aberration form being the protection. Plate is one of the cooler looks for a knight class though.

I’d realized recently that Sarkareth embodies a lot of the stuff I’d like too. He turns into a more monstrous hulking form with the big toothy maw and spikes and such. This is similar to what I’d like for the (optional) combat form. A caster spec could also do portals like the shade of Neltharion/Whisperer does.

The combat/aberration form adds a lot of additional options for customization. Draw inspiration from the various old gods and other void beings. I wish similar was possible for the demon form demon hunters use.

I’d thought treating the class as though you’re merged with a void creature similar to Venom would be neat. Borrow from the Xal’atath dagger and give it whispers/comments maybe even voice lines. Be a cool flavor thing.

1 Like

It’s cute how you insult me yet cannot refute a single point. Course this is expected of you.

You’re never getting more voidie options and I already explained to you why.

Your misplaced anger and severe denial doesn’t change reality.

1 Like

A symbiote void creature that you’re permanently stuck with, it would be neat for it to essentially not be aligned with the Void Lords. Like it sees all futures as they do, but has decided it can make its own future… with your help.

It feeds you the vast knowledge that the void has and bestows some of its power to you through rituals, carvings, summons, etc. The trade off is that it relies on you for a host to exist within the universe. It has no body so its merged with you, it’s the only way to stay separated from the will of the Void Lords.

Mutation, summonings, all sorts of awesome void lord and old god abilities.

1 Like

well voidie options are gonna be added but if you notice, none of the legion allied races for alliance are experiencing a glut of customizations, whereas nightborne and highmountain are near top of the list. this is a result of the devs mostly working on nelf and human customizations when they work on alliance stuff, so our allied races for legion and bfa, are at the bottom of the list. only horde allied race near the bottom is vulpera. this is likely because 1) more horde than alliance so more people effected when horde races are given more customizations and 2) because of the unhappy experience it is for the devs when void elves are given anything, whether voidie or helf.

They are already working on voidy options. All allied races are being worked on. So trolling a customization thread is useless.

I think everyone on the forums just needs to eat a Snickers. Because there’s been a lot of unnecessary aggression.

8 Likes

i wish. i’m diabetic and allergic to nuts. hehe so i will eat an avocado, perhaps.

Figuratively of course. I can’t actually eat them either because I’m sensitive to chocolate.

It’s clear Blizz is slowly working on customizations, it’s just a matter of what and when for which races. I just want my ranger tattoos that are shown here! For this toon I’d switch between blue and purple because while her original tattoo would have been blue, when she’s getting extra voidy, it would glow purple. I need to stop hyping myself up lol

3 Likes

eek. you know, i think it may be copper sensitivity, cause apparently chocolate has copper of all things lol. unless you know whats in it that youre sensitive to?

Tattoos and scars for everyone should be standard in a war game.

It’s the caffeine. I’m not good with it.

4 Likes

For real, scars independent of face type like with the nelves. Orcs might have that option but I can’t remember. But yes, facial/body scars and tattoos for all!

3 Likes

I cant eat them either because im sensitive to gross food :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ohhh. i can drink coffee like its water, but cant eat tomatoes so no ketchup, salsa, sauce on pizza or spaghetti, or anything in a shell - so no eggs :cry: no nuts no shellfish like lobster and shrimp :sob: shrimp and eggs are 2 of my fav foods, but nopers. if they start making us eat fake meat made from bugs, if the bugs are shelled, nopers. anyway…
lol