Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I switched my names around so my priest could have this name, as I’m finally going to take him through DF this week, I just wanted to say I think the hairstyle I am using is my fav hairstyle even compared to any Blood Elf ones, I would like to see some short hair curly hair options.

4 Likes

To a point that doesn’t ring very true, because at that point they were still on the hardline of not giving BE blue eyes either. Blood Elves just don’t feel like the War2 and 2 era High Elves, they come from them but they clearly lean in different aspects that don’t make me see how the BE have turned back into High Elves. Not thematically, not aesthetically, not politically. Blood Elves are very far removed currently from the Ranger focused HE’s we met. Even the strong Light worship aspect of BE’s is a new WoW addition.

Honestly I don’t think there was much care for High Elves as a concept from the decisions makers, nor they truly ever believed it was something that alliance players really wanted. I think their priority was to keep faction exclusivity and tried to introduce an elf that looked different from BE/HE. The fact the VE’s didn’t come from a High Elf origin does tell me they did really not care for High Elves as a concept, even while bringing the most iconic High Elf, Alleria Windunner, back as a Void Elf.

6 Likes

The more customizations the better imo

9 Likes

Yes please to all of it, more starry/void/twilight effects!

3 Likes

Definitely agree. They started out as a cool concept but as time went on they just ended up getting blood elf customizations and no lore. Maybe getting a void based class would help flesh them out even more and adding lots of new void customization options.

3 Likes

I don’t think a Void based class is on the cards, sadly. We just got a new class this expansion, and the last was on 2016; I feel waiting for new classes might be too slow.

I do think there’s more, and with faster turnaround, potential in recontextualizing existing Class archetypes into Void themes, and of course, expanding the already two Void themed specs into being more relevant lorewise.

3 Likes

looks at Nightborne

looks at Orc Back options

No, they dont have to do anything for other races for fairness, lol.

Honestly, Dracthyr only have it soo good because they are Dual Faction. Full stop.

Almost every customization patch has heavily featured Horde races.

Like, Nightborne didnt NEED their new hair and eyecolors when theyd already gotten a lot. Granted I’m enjoying the new NB stuff. But the point still stands.

The only 1 race of the Horde that hasnt been shown super love is Blood Elves. But in their defence they do have the most hairstyles in the game, and several eye colors now.

I wouldnt even say Night Elves have gotten good things. All of their recent lore has been a big Middle Finger.

The NE male faces ONLY got fixed when they were adding things to NB and noticed that glitch effected NB too.

They also constantly add weight to the male NB butt, hips, and thighs to make them look less awkward. But they’ve yet to fix NE hips.

Or worgen tails. Even though Dracthyr joke now about knowing Worgen should lore wise have tails, lmao.

Like I hate to say it, but I hope every new race is cross faction. Otherwise it’ll unfortunately have crap options.

stares longingly at a Sea Elf with Naga form race

hmmm interesting. i’ve long been supporting the concept of new specs being added to every class, that rolls long requested races and long requested classes together into the spec. example: lich/banshee shapeshift + necro spec for warlocks. dryad/keeper of the grove (alliance) or centaur (horde) shapeshift + faery magic spec for druids. blue naga (alliance) or red naga (horde) pet class spec for priests, where pets are mind controlled npcs. ethereal shapeshift spec for rogues, like a dimension tripping spec. and so on

2 Likes

Look up Nazdorei. There is a cool concept of it on MMO champion.

IMO since Ashara in game shapeshifts into her Lightblue Night Elf form. It would make since to allow for a Dracthyr like race set up.

So players could be Sea Elf or Naga in the same race.

But on the topic of this thread, I support more Void Options, especially with the new Cosmic Void stuff looking more in line with the Void Elf coloration. So we can hope more comes of it.

3 Likes

aye, love the starry concepts

3 Likes

I dunno, with the addition of the new evoker spec that is heavily support built we now have a new door opened for WoW. Lots of support style classes archetypes exist that could be added into WoW now.

3 Likes

Oh I do agree new Specs are far more likely to crop up rather than new Classes.

I really don’t think we’re gonna see a Void focused new class ever TBH, but I can see Void specs for other classes happening someday.

3 Likes

A void healing spec for priests? A void pally spec. Maybe a more void-focused spec for warlocks. Maybe a void mage spec?

Also would be cool to add in class skins!

5 Likes

Void Pally could be the best because it would also serve to fulfill the “all races all classes” dilemma the cleanest way, adding more void fantasy avenues for when we do get the Void Expansion.

Overall I think a plate wearer would be the most interesting, so I could see it working for DK as well.

And of course, Class Skins could also serve the same purpose, without having to create a new Spec.

2 Likes

I would looooove to play a Void Elf Druid with glowy/ethereal/voidie base forms. (kinda like the cat shown with void elf hunters at selection)

pls.

5 Likes

If that was a case then I would have loved to see the Necromancer be a spec for Warlocks as well as Rogues having the Gunslinger Class or Bard.

2 Likes

i STILL WANT ALL THESE HAIRDOS BUMPING DO IT BLIZZARD

7 Likes

Honestly big yeah to those two. Necromancer makes so much sense as a Warlock spec gameplaywise, and we’re long overdue for a dual gun wielding spec.

I would also thrown in Void based third Demon Hunter spec. With the burning Legion mostly taken care off, I would kinda love if DH pivoted to also take care of fanatical light weilders AND void users, using the Void.

5 Likes

Void elves be like
https://twitter.com/iluvcats2002/status/1670957234958770179?t=-rssEqW-GoDyg4LmQVyMmg&s=19

bumping this post for visibility / MAKE VOID ELF PALADINS / GIMMIE THESE HAIRSTYLES / CAN WE PLZ FIX THE PONYTAIL WITH NO VOID TENTICLE PLZ BLIZZ K THNX

8 Likes