Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Those look really neat! Love seeing where tentacles end up and how they look on other hairstyles.

Probably more appropriate for Lore’s thread but hell I’m here with TL3 anyways.

Personally I don’t care so much for the braids replacement for tentacles overall but I can see the appeal and at least it would fix the holes tentacles seem to leave.

Odd question. Can you do one of these with blue skin? It’s harder for me to imagine on my own but I’ve wondered for awhile how a “Umbrician” void elf would look with the tentacle to braid replacement.

12 Likes

Indeed, a toggle that would allow for bare, tentacle or braid would be the best option: you could fill the holes left by the tentacles on the OG hairstyles with braids if you want. IMO it’s one of those elements that if made optional would add so much more permutations. Like swapping tentacles for braids on the ponytail hair, but adding nape tentacles as a separate option!

Sure! just gimme the skin number on the WoWheadDressing room (and eye and hair color) You cant the top knot with braids, right?

3 Likes

gosh they are prettiful

5 Likes

Now that concept I like. Tentacles as their own things, braids as their own thing. Nothing as an option. Would give all sorts their desired options. No one has to be left out.

Any of the unnatural skin tones or unnatural hair works for me. I like the purple eyes the most myself but also not a big issue whatever color.

Also yeah the Topknot with braids.

Appreciate it!

EDIT: Honestly the carrot and the really silvery white blonde work fine for me as “void” options too so like go nuts. lol

1 Like

Why can’t they just make all hairstyles for all races? :angry: :weary:

4 Likes

Aside from the annoyance of resizing and adjusting some hairstyles I really don’t know at this point.

Think their tech is just annoyingly limited and thats why they resist customizations across the board like that.

Like I’d love to see the void elf hairstyles on the blood elves, and I really like a lot of the draenei ones for void elves. They work rather nicely.

And like… a blood elf with troll hair would be amazing I think.

4 Likes

They should invest some resources for doing this :')

Pretty much; have tentacles and braids as a whole separate option, and you can chose the ones you want. You can chose ones that were made for that hairstyle, or ones that were made for another, or new independent ones (like the nape ones I made) you decide the level of clipping you can take hah!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg_AX9lXgAAlMSx?format=jpg&name=large

Looking very nice!

It is time consuming; also adding all the hairstyles to the model would affect performance at some point I think? A shared collection of, say, 2 hairstyles per race, feels more doable. It would give most humanoid races around 12-14 more hairstyles.

2 Likes

All right yeah it does look better than I had imagined. And if tentacles are a separate option I can see folk going nuts.

Imagining tentacles having just… A swarm of tentacles option.

I will also always want a dreadlock like tentacle option.

10 Likes

Exactly! Imagine if you not could only have a pure tentacle option, but also if you could just turn on several tentacles at the same time!

1 Like

In my personal opinion, which I am not stating is the only solution, just the best one to my discernment, Hairstyles should be made to look good with/without tentacles and have each hairstyle have them added with the toggle in mind.

I would rather braids and stuff like them not be treated as the opposite of tentacles but have them all work together and interconnect.

That said I would like something to fill the holes.

Yeah, like that.

2 Likes

Indeed. The thing is that if you remove the tentacle, some hairstyles do have holes, so for them a tentacle/toggle (or even a new hair strand to fill the hole) is needed. But yeah, new hairstyles should be made with the consideration if they look good with the tentacle turned on or off.

Besides that, tentacles as a separate option like beard would be A+ for me.

3 Likes

Neat little Dracthyr with a void elf form by Fiercelord/Lyraseth!

Void Dracthyr.

10 Likes

A “medusa” style option with the hair/tentacles all waving around would be neat.

4 Likes

I want this to be real :sob:

3 Likes

I guess it’s already confirmed in the near future we’ll be seeing Void Elf Demon Hunters.

Nothing confirmed yet.

But hearthstone sure seems on board.

This is I think the second void elf demon hunter they’ve shown?

And I mean I don’t see that much in the way of it by any means if the illidari start training new recruits.

Hearthstone seems on board (correctly I might add) with Demon Hunters getting a Ranged Third Spec and yet, still no DH snipers.

Aka don’t treat Hearthstone as showing the future of WoW.

1 Like

By no means, hearthstone has always been a bit loose with its characters and renditions.

That said some things transfer over and it’s nice to see what could be.

Tortollan and Nzoths form being two big ones for things that were in hearthstone first.

I might add there are a lot of hearthstone cameos in DF.

So take it with a grain of salt but also don’t be surprised if such things do occur.

2 Likes

Yesss I am really excited for it and the academy, I’m lovin this whole “Summer Festival” chiller arc we’re moving into, I called for it awhile back and am giddy to get rewarded :3

1 Like