Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I feel in my bones we won’t be seeing unique racial customization for a long time. If we are receiving anything in DF it will probably be universally unlocked. While it’s not something I believe will happen, the Primalist Eyes datamined way back would be something I expect to come in DF.

Something small, easily tied to a reputation grind, and applicable to all character models with little effort.

3 Likes

Forgot about those primalist eyes.

That I could see for sure.

Hopefully blizzard will do more than just that… But I get where you’re coming from.

5 Likes

So as someone from classic, figured this would be the best place to ask this: How I can get the red eyes unlocked in retail?

1 Like

You need a level 60 toon who has gone through the main story chapters of the SLs.

Then you go and find either Genn (Alliance) or Calia (Horde) in Oribos. They’ll be in the room where you pick your Covenant.

Do the quest and bingo you have it. Do it on a hunter and you’ll get the Dark Ranger armor as well.

1 Like

Yeah, most likely. if anything. TBH I’m on the happy side when it comes to VE customizations, white, black and orange hair colors added so much to their aesthetic that felt missing in terms of contrast.

Of course I’d like some fun options, but besides hairstyles, I think 3D jewelry that wasn’t part of the model and worked more like cosmetic armor would be a far more interesting way to go in the future?

But yeah, at this point with the hair colors and skin tones, I think that hairstyles themselves are what most can change up a silhouette, and that reads a lot more than other cosmetic options.

Although I do think still Starcursed hair or its body paint/marking equivalent would be swell.

6 Likes

Theres a few things still on my primary wishlist… one of the biggest being obsidian skin color options and some more shades of the voidier skin tones that Silverleaf mocked up all that time ago.

Also I’m very much interested in tattoos of some sort.

Out of what we did get, while it is relatively bare, I do think much of it made quite an impact on the overall available options, whether or not you’re going for a full Void Elf or a high elf.

More hairstyles and such would be nice. I do think that adding more tentacle options (especially for those hairstyles that don’t have them) would help too.

Not so sure about cosmetic armor concepts, though mostly cause I don’t think Blizz does that well.

Dracthyr and Mechagnomes both being oddly limited in transmog options color wise alone causes me a headache.

Also I would still kill for that starcursed option. Even better if its an option for our tattoos in the end.

:purple_heart: :octopus:

2 Likes

Still into the Starcursed Eye concept myself.

3 Likes

Starcursed assets still definitely need to happen, imho :purple_heart: :milky_way:

They’d be a great way to reuse and apply some assets that already exist and would be a great way to help enforce our racial identity.

Also some new hairstyles complete with tentacles and colors for tentacles please :pray: :hugs:

2 Likes

Yeah. Honestly just a couple more dark voidy skins, and maybe a lighter one, would be perfect. Also the void overlay that would work more like the NB glowing hands would be great, and work for every skin.

But yeah, as with markings, which I would also love, I really do think that in terms of color spectrum we have a lot of latitude which just really offers a lot ofoptions. Can’t be stressed enough for me how the white, black and orange hair colors just add so much to the VE aesthetic.

Oh I definitely count tentacles in the hairstyle category. They really are the thing that really offers so much variance in terms of silouette.

Oh I was thinking more like how the Venthyr cosmetic sets offer some tiaras, Like my idea is we could see more jewelry that worked more like a separate 3D asset than part of the model.

Oh you know I’d love that too XD

3 Likes

eek say it isnt so. ive run out of hairstyle options, like 3 years ago.

As just transmog or do you mean a wholly new setup?

One of my friends was suggesting something like a new system for that the other day… We were just bouncing ideas that we might do for WoW if we were in charge sort of thing. lol

I wouldn’t mind such a system at all, though I find jewelry to be the least of customization options overall, personally.

It could be a new system, but as just transmog it would work.

I do agree that jewelry is kinda the least relevant customization, so to have it as a separate mogging system would IMO be better.

2 Likes

I wonder if that is something feasible with the system. We have equip slots for accessories, but no actual model for them… except for one. The original incarnation of Black Ice was a white ring that had a visible model to it.

Makes you think there is at least some capacity to attach a graphic to those slots, and as someone who is constantly visiting the barber to change my jewelry to match my mog? Making accessories a mog item is ideal.

3 Likes

It would be best if new slots for cosmetic were to be introduced -I’d really like to have some of the back cosmetics with a cape- but I do think that any jewelry cosmetics could be put on the head slot, since most jewelry goes in the head or neck -not really considering stuff like rings because it’s not something we have seen as customization.

But given how several Shadowlands cosmetic do have rings or claws, a “jewelry” cosmetic slot would actually work really well IMO.

1 Like

They just added a whole system involving professions with effectively another transmog.

I could see them doing something for like town clothes or something maybe and add jewelry slots? That would kinda be cool actually.

2 Likes

Give starcursed with red stars

I would like them to add a pants slot.

1 Like

I posted this in the other thread as a matter of just rehashing the general most possible options from the void list… So uh…

Here.

Additional skin tones similar to this…

Some new hair colors

Starcursed hair

Hairstyles

A complete tentacle toggle for current and new hairstyles…

The ever desired tattoos

More eyes.

More tentacle textures

And some generalized voidy oddities.

15 Likes

Grabbed this from the other thread. Decided to toss it up here as well.

Some night elf and Kultiran hairstyles on Velves.

13 Likes

The Void’s skullduggery knows no bounds!

kidding kidding

1 Like