Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

The VE do not deserve the Dark Ranger options but because it doesn’t harm anyone it’s still fine.

Funny enough, the forum bug right now has some Void Elves lookin’ more voidy then usual due to them swappin’ to Darkfallen.

6 Likes

I’m of the opinion that they should give that ‘glitch’ option as a real option, it looks so neat.

6 Likes

The true entropic embrace!

3 Likes

pounds fists on table

GLITCH. ELVES. GLITCH. ELVES. GLITCH. ELVES.

3 Likes

I think i might be done with void elves for a while.
I still love them, but as more time goes on it becomes more clear that the void theme of them is being stripped away.

We have barely seen them since their introduction and when we have they talk about how much they have always loved the alliance.
Bit weird considering they were blood elves of their own chosing.

We got a void patch and they werent even in it.

Then they got given normal high elf skin tones

Then they got given normal high elf hair colours

Now theyre dark rangers as well.

At what point does a void elf stop being a void elf?
This race is in desperate need of an identity.

4 Likes

So is Blizzard, tbf.

2 Likes

I’m really over it at this point. I love my Ren’dorei, and I’ll never stop writing stories about them. I’ll keep posting in this thread and showing my unwavering support for all things Void, but I just don’t think Blizzard cares about it as much as we do.

Instead of customizations I want to invest my wants into giving us lore. They can dump all the off-brand aesthetics they want on us, but if they give us our foundations then I will feel at peace. I’ll wear the same hairstyles and skin for ten years if we could get some story.

6 Likes

hey, careful with that table. We need it still to draw up our battle plans…

I completely agree
Right now void elves are 3 themes in one race with none of those themes being developed further than the surface level.

With things like trolls, it doesnt matter that they have customisation to look like all the different tribes as the darkspear are the clear core of the race and is shown in the stories.
Wish that applied here.

5 Likes

It’s also a bit of a stab because those tribes have more lore significance than the Ren’dorei.

For what it is worth, the one velf I have using the new skin uses it to represent her over indulgence of the Void. It’s the one silver lining out of this, and it’s more workable than the belf skins by a long mile.

2 Likes

I actually don’t know why the Dark Ranger were given to the Void Elves when it makes no sense for the Void Elves of everything to give too. I would’ve much preferred some more Void Options, where it would’ve made more sense, but it seems Blizzard didn’t go this way, and I am disappointed by this decision.

Now, I don’t really want it to be taken away, incase there is Void Elf players that did want it, I am not one to wanting to ruin enjoyment of what others wanted, but if Void Elves are supposed to be “Void Elves”, then some more customizations to suit who they really are is needed more.

Oh yeah im never in favour of removing things.
Im sure there are many void elf players out there who are very happy with these new options.
They do look cool. In a vacuum id be happy about them too.

If youre the sort of player that doesnt care too much about the lore and history of the race you play, but are mainly into aesthetics, then this is a massive win. I wouldnt want to take away their happiness.

2 Likes

they are allowing retail barbershop customizations for wotlk classic, but since the dark ranger aesthetic is tied to a quest chain, they wont have access to the red eyes/gray skin aesthetic, presumably.

I actually love this Thread because it enforces Ren’dorei supremacy over the Quel’dorei wannabes.

It reflects a fine work, different of everything that blizzard did with them.

The eye models are a work of art, sincerely.

2 Likes

Pretty sure devs probably thought it’s waste to just give it to one race when both are equally the same and decided to give it both since it’s copy and paste.

2 Likes

And another L to blizzard writing team not honoring past lore and class lore.

Vulpera are better anyways! :fox_face:

3 Likes

The only good vulpera is one i can use as a door matt once it is skinned.

Follow the true path, the path of the lfd!

We are cute fluffy tailed rascals you wish you could catch! :joy_cat: :dash:

2 Likes