Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Too bad they waste their talent on things like non-combat forms for one class.

8 Likes

well in their defense its all the dracs get. one class with diff specs and amazing levels of customization

I think they announced it will have 3 specs, 2 dps (the 2nd dps was not announced) and a healing spec

All of that customization is useless if we can’t use it in combat, imo.

The live stream said it had two specs: one ranged dps and one healer.

2 Likes

I could sworn I heard 3, but ok.

so true. when playing my worgen i’d get lazy and stay in worgen form lol

2 Likes

It’s not as bad with Worgen imo, since they didn’t make anything new for them. Their out of combat form is just literally a human.

For Dracthyr, I don’t like that they put what looks like it took a lot of dev time into something that’s just for standing around town in and nothing more.

9 Likes

This may be the first time in 16 years of playing that I will not buy the Dragonflight expansion.

They doubled down so incredibly hard on restrictions and limitations with this race / class, that it’s a real shame. 2/10 atm unless we get Void elf customization and class / race combos for us.

Void elves got all the class/combo they need as a race. The other classes are not very… functional with the void.

We do need customization though.

They can’t be DHs, Druids, Shamans, or Paladins.

As far as I’m concerned we DON’T have all the classes we deserve to have.

We don’t need druids, shamans, or paladins. They are void unfriendly classes.

Demon hunters is up to debate, although they should be given to more races at some point.

Did they? Void elves right now are worse than blood elves in every way. Less options, less classes. Blood Elves have 2 options over Void elves for classes. How is that good? We have none that blood elves do not have. VOid Elves should get void paladins, and Demon Hunters. There’s a hearthstone card of a void elf demon hunter, and void and fel don’t exactly destroy each other.

Common · Minion · Fractured in Alterac Valley · After your hero attacks, summon two 1/1 Felwings.

And yes. That is a void elf confirmed. Though it looks a little like a night elf.

1 Like

I’m not going to have this debate with you. While demon hunters is possible with void elves, paladins is not. If you don’t understand why you need to learn your paladin lore.

I have not said they couldn’t be demon hunters, only that it is up for debate.

I’m gunna be honest.

My first thought was “after all these years, they gave male blood elves the pandaren treatment”.

…they look decent, and I’ll roll one because I’m a magpie at heart and I need the shinies, but not being able to tank is a huge issue for me.

2 Likes

At this moment I’d be more than happy getting customization and DH class unlocked. I’m beside myself in disappointment with how limited and restrictive the new class / race is.
And even more about it being locked behind a Drakonid form in combat that looks more like a lizard than a dragon.

Class skins push past class lore. And we are definitely getting something akin to class skins given the datamining for the dark ranger skin for hunters. A void class that uses paladin abilities for a class skin of paladins will work just fine, and then a glyph to give them the holy back for the high elf crowd and it’s a win-win for everyone.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll go that far, but I didn’t see a lot of what I was hoping for.

Though its still early and this is just a look at the early patches.

In an extremely broad sense I suppose, since the males use the belf skelly, you could say we got invoker. lol

I’m entirely kidding. They’re clearly a different race and all that jazz.

I don’t really see why they wouldn’t be able to but I don’t think any void elves were with Illidan…

I do think that void elves will eventually get DH when blizzard gives em to everyone. At least thats my bet.

Thats one thing I feel about it too. Like I’ll play one because I can’t help myself but I wish they had a tank spec.

Hold up…

I think some of the heads look really dragony myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

no they do not. If you think void can do the same thing as light can do just as easily, you need to read your void/light lore more, as you are wrong in your line of thinking.

Also class skins should not be an excuse for a class to be available, because as soon as it is, people will be hollering for the orignal form of the class to be playable without the class skin, and don’t play that they won’t, or you won’t, because they will.

The heads? Yes. The skinny little bodies? Not so much.

5 Likes

Yeah. If they were straight up dragons and not a… sub race? of dragon I’d think they’d need to be a little more buff.

As they are… they look a little lanky but I can’t really say they need to be thicker.

I’m very meh on them at the moment though. Want to see how they work in Beta.

5 Likes