Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Hair colors should be just open palette for all race.

6 Likes

Now that is hot like fire!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it was ESO I played that worked with a Tri-color wheel. It’s essentially you have three major colors of the customization and it has different gradients between them.

We need Void skintones that aren’t blueberry so bad tho :weary:

7 Likes

Same for Phantasy Star Online 2 (except you need to pay to change hair color), and Elden Ring has that too now, and Lost Ark etc etc.

FF14 doesn’t have it, but it has over 80 color choices to color your hair, and can color hair locks too separately.

2 Likes

Hair color via racial restriction makes no sense, period. Especially when you have goblin as a hairdresser.

Unless they make up new “lore excuse” as in why hair colors can’t be done to void elves. That’d be just causing uproar of angry customers.

1 Like

There was a valid reason before the high elf options were added. The effects of the void stops it.

Since void elves can now have normal hair colours, I’m not sure what they could add as a lore reason.

With the current system Blizzard has, I think the most realistic one would be the Guild Wars 2 customization setup. They do a really good job throwing all sorts of flavor options, especially with the Sylvan race. They don’t have a color wheel and just throw all sorts of colors at you.

I’m not sure how well Blizzard would work with givin’ us a general color wheel, but who knows!

Yeah, I agree. Same with limited hair styles. I’m more in favor of generalized styles that later have racial flair added to them. Hair styles with the Worgen and Tauren are probably the only two that could be a real challenge.

2 Likes

Based on the way Blizzard has stated they do textures, a colour wheel option seems very unlikely.

They bake the colour directly into the texture, so each separate colour is in the game as a separate texture file.

Unless they overhaul every player texture in the game, it’s very likely not happening.

2 Likes

Yeah I figured. The games that generally use color wheels are a bit more ‘flat’ vs. the Blizzard textures/shading.

2 Likes

I believe this is the reason Blizzard gave for why they weren’t interested in adding colour customization like that.

At least, that’s what I remember them saying the last time they were asked about it.

2 Likes

This hairstyle is also very good.

7 Likes

Yeah, and it’s a fair point all things considered. Still, I’m surprised there aren’t more hair colors or even skintones available with our races. Maybe it’s more challenging then I thought, but I would think they would take a base and go darker/lighter with and and complete it with a few touchups.

You just see folks doin’ fanart with the model editors and I just can’t help but be bummed.

6 Likes

For a fantasy world with spaceships you would think they would also have hair dye.

Yes, it’s irritating how little Blizzard gives us. I’ve made plenty of mockups in the past, along with other hue/saturation/brightness/contrast type shifting and changing all that isn’t a big deal at all.

Unfortunately, we all know Blizzard’s opinion on work, even if it’s easy.

6 Likes

Come and worship three fingers with me :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah, they’d rather be drinking and walking around cubicles :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I always love those, I know I say that in our Discord a lot but you and Somand always do really great jobs at pretty much everything you do. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

3 Likes

I unironically thought they were the best option in the game.
One is keep a bad system going.
One is randomly fly off into space with some crazy woman who caused the messy state of the world
The other is burn it all down.

I vote burn it all down

Sorry everyone for going off topic

1 Like

I got the age of stars ending

Now I am on my second playthrough with samurai

PS - apologies for off topic

1 Like

Aww, thanks! I really appreciate that. :heart:

3 Likes