Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

That’s because the people who say this don’t argue in good faith.

4 Likes

They all mostly use two handers too…

And even that one eye color is very poorly made. I rarely ever use that pink eye color it looks like flashlights. Pales in comparison to the golden and orange blood elf eyes in that they have so much detail in the eyeballs.

Did we get a pass? Yes we did. Was it a full pass? No. I think both our races need to get more finalized. Blood elves need that 2nd theme (dark ranger and farstrider reinforcement) and Void elves need their main theme reinforced.

If we let our differences aside and look at how Void elves originally looked, I think we can agree there were ALOT of things that could’ve been done different, but were not for xyz reasons. Maybe they chickened out cause they knew they were essentially just giving us a blueberry blood elf and they were afraid of Horde backlash. But in the end I think their team understood that when you start up a job, you need to do it properly, especially when it comes to a topic as sensitive and popular as High elves, and you want to give something completely different but want it to come off as ‘‘cooler’’. Then you need to do a proper job. Not just blue paint.

The Void eyes aren’t supposed to have those details. Neither did VE launch eyes. It gives us an extra type of eye we can select, while BEs really only get palette swaps.

2 Likes

And this is dictated by who? Doesn’t negate my argument that they look like flashlights. There is literally zero reason as to why Void elves cannot have Nzoth style eyes or old God eyes, apart from not wanting it.

Blizzard at the moment. That’s why they look that way.

I never tried to say people shouldn’t ask for this. What I meant was the currently available Void eyes, as opposed to say the Arcane eyes I’m using on this character. I didn’t mean to imply you can’t ask for more types of Void eyes.

1 Like

I’m glad you clarified :slight_smile: . I am quite bitter that they just threw out some blue paint and tentacles and called it a Void elf.

I always thought launch VEs looked an awful lot like Draenei for a Void race.

The purple Void eyes we got in SL do a much better job of showing the Void theme imo.

5 Likes

Indeed. Only the Riftblades that guard Telogrus are shown with shields and a swords, and not even all of them.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/4/4e/Veiled_Riftblade_male.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200801091855

2 Likes

Hey, I recognize that sword from BC! Lance was stuck with it on his orc warrior for a while and called it the Draenic pencil.

3 Likes

IMO the pruple eye looks way more voidy than the first we got haha. But it is also interesting that the first VE Eye still had the thalassian texture, just very cloudy. This was before the eyes were reworked to have emissive textures and the “glow” was that floaty bit in front of them (These WoWhead previews lack that so you can really see the texture)

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/681379.jpg
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/681383.jpg

I’m still not sure if the texture was changed with the 8.3 update or is just the luminosity that created this effect
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324971174708772865/647315567165833216/unknown.png

But by the SL Alpha we already had the new texture.

3 Likes

Bhahaha! true tho!!

One thing that it is a big bummer with VE’s is how generic their guards look. Part of me wishes they would have just put them on the heritage set heh.

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324971174708772865/647315567165833216/unknown.png

5 Likes

i’m interested in the starry hair concept and new hairstyles for void elves, that both helfs and velfs can use. the new haircolors/skincolors and eyecolors were awesome , no doubt, but still have the same hairstyles i started with, if you dont count tentactle toggle.

also, tats would be nice. maybe jewelry?

4 Likes

The Starcursed hair concepts are very good and every race should get new hairstyles as time moves on.

Hairstyles and tattoos are examples where options given along the void concept by default should work fine for high elves. But it’s not my focus for this thread. It’s meant for void options.

That’s the “if it helps high elves by happenstance” I mentioned.

The fact that those options work fine for both means it doesn’t make sense to bother mentioning it as “and high elves” in a thread dedicated to the void options.

3 Likes

i mention “high elves and void elves” just so its clear i’m not simply asking for new hairstyles/tats/jewelry for people who select specific color options. for example, human females have some things tied to skin color. i hope they dont do that for void elves in general. like starry hair would look awesome on darker hair and darker skin colors, but it’d also look good on lighter hair and skin colors. if braids became a thing, i’d want them to be available to all void elves, not just void elves who selected to toggle tentacles. etc

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t likely to limit things that way.

For instance nothing from the new natural hair colors or skintones were limited.

Or blood elf paladins not being locked to gold eyes.

So personally I don’t think it’s needed if that makes sense?

Like no matter what options we do get everyone will have it.

1 Like

this is good. :grin:

Pretty sure Faces are locked to specific Skins.

Hair and Eye colors are never locked from what we have seen.

Faces are locked but they’re also (more or less) the same faces. Nico actually went over that in one of the high elf threads way back.

That appears to be a weird issue with some of Blizzards designs and I’m not really sure why they have to do it, but they made sure we had the same things in either case.

3 Likes