Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

I’d use it in a heartbeat.

Ariel suggested a cornrow or dreadlock style concept using the tentacles we have now just across the head.

But this? I love it. I think my warrior would actually use it if it were an option right now. I can imagine them with the sort of floating effect some others have suggested as well. Constantly wiggling about grasping for anything unfortunate enough to get near.

It would be glorious!

4 Likes

Imagines what super saiyen tenticle hair appearance lol.

2 Likes

Well… some of the pictures are loading today. lol

Super Saiyan Tentacle hair… Golden tentacles? Its void so I’d guess they’d go like… super blue or something instead… lol

1 Like

Ssbss :stuck_out_tongue: except darker blue colors.

after helping guildies in dungeons during classic and tbc classic, i’ve decided we need mage tanks lol taunt is arcane explosion, never lose aggro again. :grin:

yikes lol

how about something like this

3 Likes

Those are not tentacles.

Those are cheap looking dreadlocks.

2 Likes

i like how its dark and peppered with stars on the top, and transistions into normal hair color on the bottom, almost as if she were half converted to the void.

oh i just now realized it was a request for actual tentacles lol yikes-a-rollie, thats creepy. its medusa meets octopus.

Which actually sounds really cool.

3 Likes

i thought void elves are part ethereal blood elves that were almost fully etherealized. ethereals dont have tentacles. not sure what the tentacle hair is about since nothing void related has tentacles other than old gods and old god corruptions . for example, ethereals don’t, void lords dont, void walkers dont, void corrupted naaru don’t, etc. i thought tentacles were a feature of old god handiwork.

1 Like

I love the void hands and feet, as well as the nzoth eyes. I would totally use both

1 Like

Kinda, they where more of being transformed into etheral void beings, and being etherals having no body it would be hard to tell if they ever had tentacles.

Also physcal void beings normally have tentacles… weird mouths… eyeballs and sometimes bug-like features…

Thinking of which void-berg doesn’t show much of the bug aesthetic that is normally apart of the void creature (or old god creation) that is related to old gods.

lore says old gods were created by the void lords.
so a creation/corruption by old gods is not a void lord creation but an old god creation that has void power involved, presumably. what was trying to etherealize (<–my word lol) the void elves? thought it was void lords not old gods. technically, since old gods were void lord creations, void elves could bare similarities, i just dont see any precedence for it other than old gods, and after that, any such appearances are old god creations.

The way I see it is that tentacles, as well as tentacle hair, like Azshara or third eyes, what have you could very well be resultant of delving further into the Void, which locally speaking on Azeroth could also intersect with Old God influence/traits.

This is more suggested traits and lore rather than it is actual precedence though currently, based on Void/Old God traits players would like to see for Void Elves.

3 Likes

do you remember this?

tweaked it a bit. added various skin colors, from stark white to void blue, and goofed around with the head bandages, trying to show the hair is just strips of material, stretched/wound/arranged around their heads to look like hair.

8 Likes

trouble is, we dont have any predence for that since old gods did not become old gods by delving into the void. they were created by the void lords and look entirely different than any of the other void creations. when physical beings delved too far into the void, they were converted to pure energy, ex. ethereals

1 Like

Yup, and still like it.

Ethereals became what they are due to an arcane incident while defending their home world from an void invasion.

1 Like

hmm. will read more

That’s a take, they are void elves so I doubt that’s the issue moving forward at least

1 Like