Void Elf Changes in 9.1.5

Replying respectfully, I fundamentally don’t believe that asking for additional customisation features—features, mind you, that make solid narrative sense, have story precedents aplenty, AND, considering that void elves are essentially a two-in-one race that includes high elves, work practically—is an issue in the slightest.

Customisation options aren’t a finite resource; they ought to be spread about when they make sense, because it gives you more options to express the ideal look of the character you want to play. And giving SOME blood elf options to void elf players—and vice verse—doesn’t mean that void elves miss out on new features. Asking for void elves to get new normal elf options, in other words, can exist beside requests asking for void elves to have more options. There isn’t a conflict.

I’m also seeing a lot of “See! Give them an inch. and they’ll take a mile. I knew it.” type posts here, too. Implying that we who are cool with the request for more options are selfish, ungrateful, and/or greedy. Is that really warranted? Does that add anything substantive to the conversation? Again, these options aren’t finite resources, and if you don’t want to adopt them for your character, no worries; don’t. It’s easy. The blood elves lose nothing with this being implemented. The gate keeping isn’t required.

2 Likes

if they’re wanting to focus on hair I’d love to see more like this.

VE hair: More gothic/Victorian hair styles with options to add void tendrils and void/high elf jewelry. Blues/purples/pinks/blacks/pure white.
BE hair: More farstrider/traditional elf hair and dark ranger hair styles with options to add feathers/jewelry. Reds/oranges/yellows/light greens.
Both: “natural” hair colors like blonds and browns. Some shared hairstyles.

Both could also use more jewelry and tattoo options as well.

5 Likes

Forgive me, but I haven’t seen word on them working in an option to toggle of the tentacles.

What’s the source?

That’d be fantastic—I’d love for that option.

3 Likes

A Blue post said they were working on possibly adding it for 9.1.5.

4 Likes

Very exciting. I’ll have to find the post. Real cool.

2 Likes

There you go. Probably should have linked this first, whoops :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I think the real question isn’t when High Elv…Void Elves will get black hair, but rather when will they be given the western part of Silvermoon to rebuild and make their home?

2 Likes

Along with Paladin and Demon Hunter classes to play. In for a penny, in for a pound Blizz.

1 Like

This was just PR-nonsense. It has been finished for years now.

Hopefully never; it belongs to the Blood Elves :stuck_out_tongue:

Just linking the post :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

…I guess I forgot to cancel my subscription months ago LMAO cuz I can still post. Whoops. Oh well, gonna stay canceled for now, but I will def come back in the future post 9.1.5 because of these amazing changes.

WEW. So happy to see helfs got the customizations they wanted (don’t worry, I’m sure black/brown will come down the line as others are given their fair addons for customizations).

I’d be lying also if I didn’t say that I randomly came back to these forums to drink the seethe from Anti’s suddenly moving the goal post again (skin color > hair color > now hair style even though most velf styles are actually better), or acting like they never cared to begin with despite making up like half the posts.

Next goal is to hopefully (obv far down the line) add new male hair styles that don’t involve receding hairlines lmao. Not a major priority obv cuz Blizz is already giving out a lot of love, but you know. Something to consider down the line.

Of course, I’ve got you! :hugs:

I love this idea too.

I’m thinking a color option like DIDs have, but with more violet, blue and starcursed colors with some sparkles in them.

I’ve also seen hairstyles come up. I’m fairly neutral on the idea, as while there are quite a few Blood Elf hairstyles I like, I can live without them as the Alliance also has a lot to offer as well, though there are some styles that exist on multiple races on both factions I’d consider fair game.

I can definitely sympathize with my fellow Blood Elf players as again, we’ve been dealt a pretty lackluster hand so far this expansion, and I’m really hoping Blizzard is taking our feedback seriously and can produce something a bit more impactful before the end of this expansion. I personally want more of the basic QoL stuff and would like at least one other secondary theme, such as Dark Rangers, Felbloods, etc.

Back onto Void Elves, while Brown, Black and White are the most popular, I’d also love some of these fantasy tones somewhere down the line;

As far as hairstyles go, while I definitely welcome new and original hairstyles, reusing assets I feel is more likely to happen. Of the Alliance some of my favorite hairstyles can be found on the Draenei, LFD, Kul Tirans, and Night Elves.

Another idea that came up in Fens thread would be a sort of Gorgon style all tentacle hairstyle, reminiscent of Azshara and the Naga Sea Witches.

7 Likes

Mmm, I have around 10 Horde alts, are you sure it’s waiting for me? :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Right. Horde alts? Never heard of those. Have been playing Alliance since late 08/early 09 and horde since late 09 or so. It’s surprising so many people want to block customization.
Gonna remind people that we have:

Pandaren on Alliance/Horde
Draenei - Lightforged Draenei
Dwarves - Dark Iron Dwarves
Gnomes - Mechagnomes

Orcs - Mag’har Orcs
Tauren - Highmountain Tauren
Trolls - Zandalari Trolls

Others with near copied aesthetics or using same bone structure/identical-similar lore:
Humans - Forsaken
Night Elves - Nightborne
Goblins - Vulpera

This is not new.
People are just mad over the whole Blood elf/Void elf thing because they want to be mad about something. There are plenty of people who perpetually only visit “high elf/void elf” threads and NOTHING ELSE in their forum history to say “you can’t have x, y, or z”.

4 Likes

It’s couldn’t care less btw, it makes no sense to say could care less because that means you care.

This is now the third time the High Elf crowd has illegitimately flagged my posts, only for them to be restored. I had muted this thread long ago, but I thank you for proving what I have said earlier.

My posts have been restored twice now. You will not win by such false actions.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter who wins or not, the war has been decided for some days now.

4 Likes

I feel that the game gets better when there are more customization options in it.

How about giving Worgen tails? Letting everyone have pink hair if they want it? Yes. Even if I will never play a Worgen (I don’t like their running animation) or will color my toon’s hair pink? Yes, absolutely.

My enjoyment of the game is not diminished if you enjoy something different than I do.

What would be neat is if they created a unique look for each race somewhat similar to the racial heritage armor sets.

Or how about mermaid hair? And height sliders, color wheels, and highlights. The list goes ever on.

8 Likes

And even more attempts to false flag a thread I have muted. How childish and still further process my point that High Elf fanatics will do all they can to bully others.

I do hope you are all quite proud of your illegal behavior. Thank you for proving your hostile intentions once more to the gaming world.

Out of curiosity, and totally not to take notes for later, what illegal behavior are you referring to?

4 Likes