Void Elf / Blood Elf Customization

Hey, I didn’t think about that before. Why a race that studies the Void and feeds on it, is not having a relationship with the light, the sun and the Sunwell?

Blizzard, this makes no sense!

OT: I don’t need the Sunwell. If the Sunwell explodes, I’ll be with popcorn laughing at every Blood Elf with withdrawals and eating my Void cookies.

3 Likes

this so much i wanna be this skin color so bad :c
`https://imgur.com/a/sAwiM8u

5 Likes

So what?

Folks can pretend what they want but the name on the door is still void elf.

When they continue to ruin the theming of one race and impinge on another, they most certainly are.

This does not appease both camps, it only appeases the folks playing pretend High Elves using Void Elfs.

And heck, it doesn’t even appease them because once that was in the bag, they would be crying for something else, the way it has been going on for two years now!

Void Elves should only have void options because they are void elves!

If Blizzard had any sense, they would just give actual High Elves to the Alliance instead of this half-measures bull, San’layn to the Horde and call it a day.

6 Likes

Blood Elves are High Elves. Fixed your problem! Now you can play Horde.

7 Likes

I like that the Void elves have two themes as costumisation options- High elf and Void elf .
I would like some tattoos … this will be awesome

3 Likes

Because Void Elves were changed into a biologically different race. Y’all have already stolen most of the Belf customizations with all of the temper tantrums and threats thrown at Blizz.

Stop making it worse.

And they childishly tantrumed their way into getting customizations already.

Stop making it worse.

7 Likes

what a untrue statement with no research put in it at all.

Considering that void elves had gone through a forced mutation and the void is a strong curruptive force they shouldn’t even have natural skin colors at all.

Tl;DR: No, we need to stop making VE’s more of a discount HE and let them be their own thing.

I’d rather then put the work in new hairstyles thank you. Something that suits their new status, and moving away from BE/HE culture.

This is also another unproven statement. If anything that crowd of people happened to be louder then anyone else, and by time VE fans said anything it was too late. They do not outnumber no one.

How does any of this justify further watering down void elves?

This!

4 Likes

This is me. I’m twiddling my tenta- I mean thumbs.

1 Like

Well, actually, they weren’t. Sorry, but there is no lore sources to back up to say that they are a different race, and even in the BfA preview for Blizzcon, Ion said that Void Elves are another flavour of High Elves.

Ion: “High Elves? Honestly, spoilers guys, Blood Elves are pretty much High Elves. Void Elves are also pretty much another flavor of High Elves.”

But the lore doesn’t support them not having natural skin colours. If you knew anything about the Void Elves, you’d know that only Umbric and his followers were transformed by the Void Etherals. And that transformation were interrupted due to the help of Alleria Windrunner coming to there aid.

Their blood is purple. They were transformed. They’re not Helfs anymore, they’re Velfs. People can pretend all they want, but they’ve stolen enough from Belfs, screwed over Velfs and I’m very tired of all of this.

He said “pretty much.” Because they WERE. Now they’re Velfs.

6 Likes

I absolutely agree. Different is good. But boy I sure wish the male void elves had better hair options. I hate that so many of them have a receded hairline. And I wish they had tentacle options for all their styles now that it’s a toggle.

And boy I wish they would give us a heritage chest piece without the stupid collar to fix this shambles! We shouldn’t have to choose between their iconic tentacles and their iconic wings!

1 Like

I’ve played enough Pokémon to know how evolution works!

Troll + Well of Eternity = Nelf
Nelf + Arcane Magic = Helf
Nelf + Arcane Magic² = NBelf
Helf + Void Magic = Velf

I’m a Void Elf Not Argusian High Elf.

2 Likes

Another Void Elf customization thread outside of the main one? With easy bait that everyone falls for? I’m shocked. SHOCKED.

Mute thread and move on, folks. We already have VElf Customization threads. One for fair skin, one for Void.

3 Likes

Pandarens says hello

1 Like

Technically it’s Helf/Belf + Void Magic = Velf

Elves are a little like Eevee. They change into different forms depending on what they’re exposed to.

2 Likes

Eh, Blood elf is just political vs High elf, no biology changes. One could argue they are ‘Sunwellian Helves’ then, if its just the eye colour thing. If we go on the pokemon references. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

https:// i.redd.it/pma5flksn8801. jpg

elfvolution

1 Like

Indeed! I actually wrote a post about this on another thread just a few hours ago! :smiley:

I got you.

7 Likes

Can we use these same arguments against the Blood Elves too? Claim that they are a different race because they also went through some transformation, AKA, being effected by the Fel Radiation? :thinking: Because a transformation doesn’t mean entirely a new race. Sorry Thallia, but until there is an actual lore source to back up the claim of them being a new race, I will never say anything like this, nor agree to this.

How does one steal when we all only hold a license to access the game, not claim ownership over anything?

Well, what happened to the person on discord, who suggested to me it is just best to ignore these types of threads? :thinking:

So, can I use these same logic towards the “Blood Elf are High Elf” arguments, considering in that video, he said “pretty much” for the Blood Elves too?

Like, honestly Thallia, this is not like you. Usually, you’d be ignoring these sort of threads because of the toxicity of both groups that the forums can get. What has happened?

3 Likes