Voices you recognize in WoW from other media such as movies, games, etc

The first time I started to play through Tauren areas, I had to stop and go, “…Worf?” and look it up to verify.

7 Likes

I played through Fallout 4 again not too long ago, and actually listened and recognized Tony Amendola as Father for the first time. I half expected him to tell me to go collect Apexis Crystals.

6 Likes

Cam Clarke as Malygos was always great, instantly reminds me of Liquid Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

2 Likes

Imagine Nathanos singing a bike safety song. He’s the instructor in this. Actors all gotta start somewhere, lol.

6 Likes

I never said Jim Pirri. Where did that come from? I mentioned Gideon Emery.

Uh huh. I made a mistake and quoted it from your quote of the OP.

Ah. I see.

Pretty much the entire cast of Critical Role

The female Tiefling called Jester is Jaina
Caleb, the german sounding fellow is Illidan
The Firbolg is Taliesin Jaffe
The Half Orc that sounds like a Cowboy is Gazlowe

Speaking of Illidan and Gazlowe

Illidan is the ogre. And Gazlowe is Macaroni Samsonite.

I stg voice actors are not human man.

4 Likes

Was reading through the replies and was just about to post the same thing. His voice is so distinctive and as a huge Lord of the Rings fan I recognized it immediately.

1 Like

Also anytime I hear Gideon Emery’s voice I get happy. Lorthemar’s voice actor. He’ll always be Fenris to me even if I romanced Anders in Dragon Age 2

He’s also some of the imperial guards in Skyrim. You can clearly hear him at the start going “General Tullius sir!”

3 Likes

Oh one more Critical Role mention. This isn’t in WoW but you know McCree in overwatch?

Same dude. The DM in case you dont’ know what Matt Mercer looks like. Just wait for it.

I think Matt plays Rexxar now and Ragnaros in HotS

2 Likes

I recognize a lot of the voices in Cata as various food delivery people, people from accounting, and random people off the street. God that expansion was a low point in WoW voice acting.

1 Like

I haven’t looked it up, but a couple of the generic Vulpera NPCs sound suspiciously like Robin from Teen Titans Go.

2 Likes

Took me a long time to realise that Khadgar was Bra’tac.

6 Likes

I pick out Jim Cummings’ voice everywhere too. Like battling the satyr adventure boss in Hearthstone.
Most memorably was watching the fireworks show at Disney Epcot and recognizing him as the voice for the pre-show announcement “Prepare to enjoy Disney’s IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth…[sharp audible blow]” and all of the torch flames around the whole lake (practically the only source of light by that point) go out all at once. I’m like ‘OMG Jim Cummings you are giving me goosebumps!’

1 Like

Garrosh/Arthas is voiced by the American Dub of Jojo Bizarre Adventure’s Dio Brando

1 Like

Mercer is in WoW too. He voices Aluneth, the arcane mage artifact weapon (AKA “staff boyfriend” as my arcane main friend calls it).

3 Likes

Oh right I forgot about that. I think I went arcane on my alt mage for that reason

Here we have Garrosh vs McCree

edit Jesus I forgot how fast Patrick is with his mudas

Darksiders, illidan’s VA Is war, I noticed it upon hearing the new illidan back in legion.

1 Like