Voices you recognize in WoW from other media such as movies, games, etc

Wondering if there are any voices you guys recognize in the game from other media? Or are there voices you were surprised to find out who did them?

The only one that sticks out is Michael Bell who does Medivh’s voice and also did Raziel’s voice in the Soulreaver games. Loved those games and his voice was amazing and perfect for Raziel. He also has done a crap ton of other cartoons and games that I know his voice from.

There’s a dwarf in WoW that sounds like Dwalin from The Hobbit movies but I looked up the actor that played him, Graham McTavish , and he doesn’t have any WoW credits so someone sounds just like him to me in-game.

I was amazed how many stars I know but didn’t recognize their voices in-game.

• Martin Sheen voices Nozdormu / Murozond. Did not know that he voiced anyone but I know him from movies and as father to Charlie and Emilio.
  • Earl Boen voices Terenas Menethil / Narrator. He does the intro to races amazingly and reminds me of the Elder God from Soulreaver Tony Jay. I know him from the Terminator and other movies.
  • Jim Pirri voices Nathanos Blightcaller. Know him from a Friends episode where he says binky boy in a foreign accent.
  • Alex Désert voices Bwonsamdi. I know him from Becker as the blind guy even though I never watched the show.
  • Mark Addy voices Daelin Proudmoore. I know him from a Knight’s Tale and Game of Thrones.
  • Keone Young voices Chen Stormstout. I know his face and probably know him from SOA.
  • Tony Amendola voices Khadgar. I know his face from movies and T.V. series.

I found some faces to here `https://www.imdb.com/list/ls025880079/

7 Likes

Leader of Silvermoon is Balthier from Final Fantasy XII, he’s also in Destiny 2 as Devrim Kay, don’t know his real name, he will always be Balthier to me.

Edit: Not a wow character, but Wakka from Final Fantasy X is the same voice actor as Bender from Futurama, I hate the fact I know that because now I can never take Wakka seriously again.

3 Likes

The first time I heard Illidan’s VA was as Kain Highwind in Dissidia, my favorite PSP game. Also recently heard Lorthemar’s voice actor as Urianger in FF14.

4 Likes

In the LA version, there’s a dwarf with Reinhardt’s voice.

3 Likes

I swear one of the guard voices is the dude who plays Worf in Star Trek.

edit: Michael Dorn

6 Likes

Actually the one that immediately comes to mind is one of the shadowpan in pandaria is voiced by the actress that voices azula in avatar the last airbender.

8 Likes

Jim Cummings keeps turning up all over the place (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Darkwing Duck), most notably as Lorewalker Cho and Runas. John DiMaggio (Bender in Futurama, Jake in Adventure Time) is Trade Prince Galliwix. Cree Summer (Susie in Rugrats) is Lilian Voss, or she was at least up to Legion.

I could’ve sworn that Tress MacNeille (Crazy Cat Lady in the Simpsons, Dot in Animaniacs) was one of the Tortollans in the beta and had a very funny extended rant in a click-over bit, but the voice was different when it was actually released.

7 Likes

Jaina’s voice actress also voices Serana from Skyrim’s Dawnguard dlc.

Edit: her name is Laura Bailey.

5 Likes

AU Durotan is voiced by Scott McNeil. He’s voiced tons of anime and such, but I know him best as Dinobot, Ratrap, Waspinator and Silverbolt from Beast Wars.

7 Likes

Hanzo Overwatch won’t stop calling my Monk fat.

9 Likes

I don’t know where, and I don’t know why, but I swear that Richard Horvitz voiced the little malicious sprites that you murdered wholesale in Val’sharah. If he didn’t, someone was really trying to mimic him.

3 Likes

Also from Game of Thrones, Ellie Kendrik who played Meera Reed is the voice of Taila and Indira Varma who played Ellaria Sand also voices Jania’s mother.

5 Likes

Wowpedia says he was indeed the Thistlebrush Ruffians (he’s the guy who voiced Invader Zim, for those that don’t know).

I could’ve sworn that he was also Prince Erazmin, the Mechagon guy, but apparently that was another guy (Scott Menville who’s Robin in Teen Titans).

1 Like

Darin De Paul is just adorable. He also voices Socrethar.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I can’t get this out of my head now.

1 Like

The first boss in Vault of the Wardens is voiced by the guy that played Malcolm Reed in Star Trek Enterprise.

Jaina Proudmoore’s voice actress played Jedi Knight companion Kira Carsen in SWTOR.

2 Likes

Steve Blum pops up a lot, and Richard Horvitz was in BfA as the little turtle kid.

3 Likes

The amazing Laura Bailey (Jaina) is all over Skyrim.
Lydia and Serana are the first chars who comes to mind but she did a lot of voice acting on Skyrim.

5 Likes

Spike Spencer voiced a few bosses in earlier expacs; Huntsman and Romulo in Kara, Steamrigger in Steamvaults, and Arnath in ICC, possibly others. He’s done anime dub voices for ages now, including good ol Shinji from Evangelion.

I was surprised to learn that the voice of Gorak Tul was Teal’c though, that’s cool.

1 Like

She also voices Blood Rayne. That makes her presence as Serana rather funny to me.

continues reading through work.
Is…

Is there a video game I’ve played that she hasn’t voiced a character in?

3 Likes