Visual Customization Options - Evoker Glyphs, Barbershop Appearances, and Hero Talents

Firstly, I should clarify that I love building characters out around themes, and tend to build talents and appearances to back how I want my character to look and feel. I’ve always been a huge fan at the way the dragonflights are built thematically with major props to Bronze and Azure as being personal favorites. I really like how I can tailor Evoker talent trees to favor one type of flight magic over another and even have load-outs for when I feel like flipping. The simple things matter so much to me and bring a ton of fulfillment in playing. For example, soar becoming full dragonflying gave me such satisfaction because I always love the fantasy of being able to fly with my own wings rather than relying on a mount.

My personal wish-list going into War Within is that we can see some further customization options for those who wish to play more into an individual dragonflight’s fantasy rather than all of them all at once. Something as simple a the ability to change to effect when you shift in and out of visage would get a lot of mileage from a player like me. Deep breath having visual option for red and blue dragonflights would be amazing, ESPECIALLY since the Scalecommander hero class focuses so heavily on it (and it’s really the only option if you want to lean into a blue build…). Those are two big ones, but really any more amount of customization to lean into a theme would be welcome! I’m definitely looking forward to Chronowarden simply because it changes some of my core abilities to fit a bronze theme!

With that in mind, I’d also love an in-game ability to save character appearance loadouts in the barbershop. I swap specs and change appearances when I’m doing themed quests (like bronze when I’m doing timewalkers, or blue when I’m doing the Cata Tarecgosa quest). Bonus points if I can attach an appearance loadout to a transmog!

Anyway, that’s a wishlist from me!

8 Likes

100% yes!!! I feel that the glyphs are sorely underutilized and could add TONS of flavor and customization to the game. Personally, I have brought up for YEARS how mages should have a heal spec that involves using time manipulation to heal wounds…

Well NOW I can play a “Bronze Drac’thyr” and basically be a mage who heals with time magic. Thing is, many of our heal spells are green…I would LOVE if I could change the color of ALL my healing spells to the bronze dragonflight color =D

Same could be said of someone healing as a “green dragon” and make all spells green to fit the theme strongly =)

A tiny bit long winded, but I do want to see TONS of glyphs added to help with a more customized experience.

I also very much support separate mogs on dragon and humanoid forms.

2 Likes

Glyphs to change the color scheme to match your preferred flight would me much appreciated. Particularly, with regards to your living flame and breath attacks. Many of us want the aesthetic to match the flight’s magic with which we are most proficient.

The only thing i want more is to remove the limitations of your visage form (combat/all races etc). I love the evoker class and love playing preservation. The only thing that feels incomplete are the appearance customization.

Keep up the good work.

6 Likes

Ah, so you mean you think our Dracthyr should be able to have any humanoid form? Like if I wanted to be a Tauren like Ebonhorn? Or a Gnome like Chromie? That would be a TONNNNNNNN of customization slots they would have to fill, but I could get behind it. Other than other classes crying foul because we could essentially be any race we wanted outside of dragon form =P

I thought they mentioned glyphs coming later in the expansion for Evoker…they never came.

Nope, they did not. And we know they won’t because ever since the end of Legion, they have not put in a single cosmetic glyph that wasn’t some recycled asset like the druid or shaman forms from the Zereth Mortis mobs.

Even the Emerald Dream druid forms are reused NPC assets. Outside the moonkin update and warlock demons, no dedicated new cosmetics for a class’s visual kit have been put in via glyphs.

So what you’re saying is… there’s a chance. :rofl:

which is INSANE. Glyphs have CRAP LOADS of potential for customization and helping the player make their character special to them. I want ALL my spells to look bronze darn it! I am a BRONZE dragon!!! <3

And…yeah…I wanna be a gnome too. Or if I HAD to stick to horde races, at least let me be a Tauren like Ebonhorn

1 Like

I feel like I vaguely recall something being said about them not wanting to do cosmetic glyphs anymore because it would confuse PvPers. Same reason they took away one of the warlock pet appearances.

Which is dumb, but that’s what I remember. But I also don’t have a source as I need to skedaddle back to work. So.

It’s a BS excuse to avoid the work of coming up with new animations, and everybody saw it for what it was.

That would be highly annoying. This is a PvE game first, and needs to stay that way XD PLENTYYYYYYYYYY of games that literally focus on pvp with almost zero plot or backstory those types can go play.

This is a game of fantasy, lore, epic adventure and immersion. Bring back cosmetic glyphs! =D

I PVP mainly. I’m a pvper first and pve’er 2nd, and I can say that glyphs wouln NOT confuse any pvper at all, ever. We can clearly see which class/race you are, and which spells the enemy is casting through the game interface. It’s a nonsensical excuse (and an excuse is all it is) to claim that they can’t/won’t do glyphs anymore because it might confuse us.

I’m pvper and I can speak for myself: "I want glyphs, and they cannot tell me that I don’t, because i do.

No you can’t.

1 Like

Yeah I honestly agree. People thinking PVPers will have their game ruined specifically because a spell is a different colour clearly haven’t watched pvp player UIs. Honestly, with the amount of bars, warnings, popups, cooldown timers, CC timers, and all the other stuff that covers the screen for many players in pvp, I’m surprised they can see any spell effects at all.

Edit: check out tonyferalmovies on youtube or twitch if you want to see what I mean.

Simple fix, make recolor glyphs doesn’t show on pvp combat, or just make a toggle.

No, that’s more complicated than it has to be. Also, we WANT to see the spell effect when we pvp because that’s how we PVPer spend our time playing the game. It would selfish to only give PVE’ers this option while denying PVP’ers the same choice.

As i stated earlier, not a single pvper is going to be confused by a change of spell color. We can SEE EVERYTHING through the interface. Any attempt to convince the player base otherwise is simply dishonest, and transparently so.

It’s not like people started derping when they gave warlocks green flame. :roll_eyes:

Furthermore, the glyphs could provide some personal visualization, only your character sees the changes.
This would allow for many cosmetic changes across all classes.
But I honestly don’t think anyone at Blizzard cares about that. We don’t even have transmogs, which is something extremely basic to the game that we have access to, imagine cosmetic customization of spells, it seems like something completely out of the question.

Weakauras wouldn’t be so prevalent if pvpers could easily see everything through the default interface

i agree we wouldn’t be confused, but, for those who would somehow, just make a toggle option on options, so they don’t see the color change, win win situation imo.

1 Like

i hope at least we get a glyph which makes our fire breath actually looks like fire.

1 Like