***Visual Animation Updates Needed***

This needs to happen next update for 10.1.5 or 10.2 —

A glyph option would be great along with a total design. There is no need for this game’s visual graphics to be so behind in their updates. How long has this current look of Ascendance been in play? 10 years? Good lord man update this thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its been like 6-7 years since end of legion where we were supposed to get an update. The wow lead devs are really arrogant

1 Like

Make our ascendance look like Dathea tbh.

15 Likes

Effects for elemental things has never looked better in WoW yet Shamans have some really meh and out dated visuals. Please Blizzard give us a new set of spell effects. With the Incarnates being all badass looking we deserve some love now.

1 Like

Throwing in another voice.

Love when these threads show up because there really are better models out there, especially for Ele (mainly the Lightning for me). I don’t know what the reason anymore but even if Shaman was mostly put in the back burner I would love some animation updates… especially the ones already planned but never made it through.

1 Like

My copium is that they will update some animations with the patch that will unlock them for all races, 10.2.5, 10.3.5 or 11.0 maybe

That’s actually awesome. And change color based on spec like the Legion mounts do.

Yes our place in this storyline has been a bit overlooked ------- We are Shamans (enhancement shamans) utilizing the elements and yet we get no special quests to gain access to some sorta cool hammer or transmog that imbues our bodies.

Yes we can get that elemental swirly thing and that’s nice but that’s what I mean by us Shamans being a bit overlooked.

Its 2023 please update the character looks. Every game I know that asks you to buy a new version of it comes with new character graphical updates. Why is this game so behind?

I got my hopes up for something come 10.1.7. This is such an elemental expansion with the primalists, COME ON BLIZZARD!

2 Likes

They could add 3 new glyphs that your enhancement shaman would take the form of such as a NEW - Fire, Ice, or Wind form.

I am not sure why newly added NPCs constantly look better than the players’ characters expansion after expansion, By now with this being an elements-type expansion we should have seen Shamans in general visually updated all around.

—>We have had this same visual in play for over a decade now. Thats 6 expansions!

Shamans let your ideas and thoughts be heard – this has to change :joy:

Update this outdated look or provide glyphs is all we want.

1 Like

Shaman abilities were supposed to be updated back in 7.3 beyond what happened.
Iirc the shaman community made a huge stink about it and they ended up axing a number of animation changes that had been planned.

I’d personally like to see chain heal have a different animation than just chucking water at people.

1 Like

Yeah I actually liked the green faerie kinda stuff. Also the thicc lightning bolt I was in favor of.

Legit feel like I’m chucking a beam of dirty water at people when casting chain heal. It’s not visually appealing and the animation feels more static than anything.

I don’t remember what it was called, but the Legion passive for enhancement shamans where Stormstrike (?) would empower allies’ weapons with lightning was a really fun animation coz u’d just see lightning flying everywhere while in combat.

1 Like

I find it weird that these Primalists are better at elemental magic than shaman. Where’s the Earthen Ring to fight fire with fire? This expansion would have been a good opportunity to change Ascendance to transform us into elementals while the cooldown is ongoing.

2 Likes

There are so many beautiful lighting and elemental spells in this expansion that it truly makes me feel envious and sad about my shaman. On this Druid, its spell animations are gorgeous! Falling stars, laser beams from space, and a freakin’ moon crashing into the ground.

But on my shaman we get that awful, cartoon-like lightning bolt, shock spells that you can’t even see (for being a hard-hitting spender, Earthshock should look more worthwhile to cast), and our lightning shield looks outdated. Chain lighting is pretty though.

I genuinely am baffled as to why Blizzard hasn’t updated anything on Shamans for years. Do they care about shaman players? It must be the least played class because I can find no other reason for them to not spend some time and resources on updating the class spells.

2 Likes

I think that all shocks should have their effect size increased like 200% at least, playing hc classic makes me miss that for retail, ascension is ugly I have a vendetta post about it, come join,
Ice strike and lavalash and storm strike, need not only updates but fingers crossed 2h animations (a 2h is technically also in the off hand js)

1 Like

I suspect they’re coming … they’ve been opening up race selection for various classes,

They’ve been saving the hardest ones for last … (Druid, shaman) cause they’d need to make assets for those races (totems /forms)

I think when that happens well hopefully get some much needed animation love …

I really want more glyphs …

3 Likes

Additional thought … I hope they add dwarf druids at some point too … that’d just be so awesome in every way …

New customizations with leaves in our glorious beards …

Bears / cats / boomkins with beards … I can see it now …

1 Like

Literally been calling for this since shaman’s spell animation update was scrapped back in 7.3 :smiling_face_with_tear:

And now every shaman npc in the game has had there animations updated too… all except for playable shamans

3 Likes

On one hand im happy for druids getting plenty of customization options based on a patch that where theyre highly represented,

On the other hand i resent that us shamans couldnt even get glyphs during the first dragon flight patch which was highly focused on elementalists.

I wouldve been happy with an ascendance form like the wind elemental trinket for enh, fire ele for elemental, and water ele for resto, or even like kurog with the swirling elements

5 Likes