***Visual Animation Updates Needed***

There was a talent prior to DF that threw stones at the enemy occasionally, like a stony version of Icicles. I would love that as a Earth Shock glyph. It was simple, but cool

5 Likes

Fury of earth I believe. :-).

2 Likes

It used to be elemental shaman mastery where all spells would cause earth spikes to strike the enemy afterwards as long as we dealt damage. It would be cool as a new talent that causes all shock spells to echo their damage over a few seconds (without consuming buffs like Stormkeeper or Icefury).

3 Likes

It also blows my mind that they would give us that ugly lupine thing from shadow lands as a wolf form rather than any of the soul shape forms

5 Likes

Yes, this was a miss I think when it initially came out. The idea of a wolf-like creature is fine but the legs I believe give it a rounded-looking weak stance. Combined with its tail this look is just way too wimpy looking.

It should look frightening (like if you saw a ghost wolf in real life) – Or at the very least straighten out its stance to look more like a wolf would be standing if it were now a ghost.

That wolf doesn’t even have any animations either.

Does anyone else get mildly irritated that we don’t have a specific animation for destroying quest objects either? Like DHs blow stuff up with their eye beams, DKs shoot ice out of their staff. We just like kick the things into they break? Got it lol

1 Like

It’s monks actually. I play both :sweat_smile:

make chain heal green again

1 Like

This looks amazing. I second this.

As far as class animation goes it would be really cool if upon reaching max maelstrom our character began to illuminate with an aura (maybe blue).

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because I will die on the shaman animation update hill as long as I am playing this game

3 Likes
  • Lightning Bolt,
    First and foremost Lightning Bolt 100% needs to be updated, no compromise, it looks like rubbish and even when they changed it to what we have now it already looked so bad and dated.

• Totems,
    Core Races are in desperate need of higher textured Totems, this is beyond my understanding that nothing has changed.

• Ascendance,
    I dream actually turned us into proper mini Elementals based on the Elemental Lords, as if we a borrowing powers directly from them. Would visually be amazing.

Example of Asendance forms,
Resto > Neptulon
Enhance > Thunderaan
Ele > Smolderon

Could even have glyphs to turn into other Lesser Elements based on spec.

• Ghost Wolf,
    Ghost Wolf should be flat out just take forms from Night Fae Soulshape, heck even rename the ability to Soulshape, I miss my Wildhammer Dwarf turning into a Gryphon.

• Feral Spirits,
    I’d love more options as well depending on race and choices, why does every shaman just use Wolves or Raptors?.

Blizzard has done wonders for Druids and forms, while finally adding customisations for Moonkin now, about time too, it be great to finally see Shamans get some love as well.

3 Likes

We might have to wait a bit but I am confident our updates are coming in 11.0 World of Warcraft: The War Within.

2 Likes

Hopefully stormbringer hero spec is a strong enough reason for blizz to give us good lightning animations

3 Likes

Ice Strike and Frost Shock i think could use love. But whenever anyone talks about animations, the first and only on my mind is MW Monk’s Revival lolol. I can’t believe it’s the big bang heal and it does this puny whimpy mist around you and that’s it. It’s so rude lol

1 Like

This would be so insanely cool for a new ascendance model!

Ice Strike and Frost Shock are both unnoticeable while in gameplay with mobs/characters. You can barely see it even when attacking a training dummy.

The animations of them both are lackluster due to this.

— Ice Strike should see our weapons freeze over and then shoot an icy iteration from either of our weapons.
— Frost shock should have a unique weapon swing and then see ice fractals bounce off the target.

So many ideas and opportunities I am guessing are being held for the next expansion. Would be great to see some updates prior to it though.

And yes, for the love of all that is Shammy, please update Ascendance :laughing:

Idk. we say that “they are coming soon” everytime but they never update them lool. I do think they could do a much better job with the readability of most abilities in the game

1 Like

Icefury Frost Shocks, Electrified Shocks, and Surge of Power could provide enhanced visual feedback as to their effects. With AoE Frost Shocks, the visual could at least provide some information as to which targets are hit, are being hit, or are affected.

Rant:
I’d say that they need to finalize the behavior of some of the spells before tackling the visuals for things like Frost Shock. But it’s not to say they are mutually exclusive endevours.
Icefury Frost Shocks with Electrified Shocks has been integral for Elemental Lightning gameplay. It presumably borrows from the chain lightning behavior, which makes sense since it influences chain lightning’s behavior. The problem I’ve always had is that if you add in Surge of Power into the mix, where you need the enhanced Frost Shock to freeze your primary target, it decides to freeze a secondary target amid the bounce.

The enhanced visual queue for our abilities would probably be serving a dual purpose of saying, “Hey, look at the cool stuff that’s happening” but also going “Hi, let’s highlight some of the ridiculous bugs that are happening”.
Just want to pull one of the playtesters by the lapels tell them to play the first half of DotI with Icefury Frost Shocks pulling Immune/Phased Intervals, and say “hey I get it, you can’t see what’s happening underneath all of the other visuals, because this doesn’t even have a visual, but clearly you can see some things are going wrong.”