***Visual Animation Updates Needed***

I love all of the ideas presented here, and maybe to offset the cast time for the weapon imbues they can last longer. It is so awkward to have your weapons teleport to your side to cast spells and then teleport back to use melee abilities. Frost Shock and Flame Shock should use the legion frostbrand and flametongue animations (For enhance at least), and LB, CL, LvB, and EB should all get new “Maelstrom Weapon” animations that make compatible with weapons.

2 Likes

agreed and nice mog

I’m in the minority that actually loves the ascendance model so please if you’re going to do anything ADD GLYPHS that change the appearance. I don’t understand why the glyph system is so underutilized. More options is only a good thing. Changing into an elemental sounds cool though.

I do wish out lightning bolt looked like the 7.3 PTR spell effects or at least the old ball lightning we had. Lava lash and Ice strike do feel a little lackluster.

I completly agree, honestly it feels disheartening playing Dragonflight and seeing all these new elemental models and primalist npcs throwing those pretty new effects around while we’re still stuck with decade old animations.

I’ve got really close to cancelling my sub a few times while questing throught the zones, it feels like a kick to the face how npcs have more detail on a single spell than we have in our entire kit. Meanwhile Blizzard gave druids new spell animations because of npcs spells AGAIN.

I was half hoping that with all this elemental and primalist stuff that shaman would maybe get something similar to the warlock green fire questline from Pandaria to change all out spells to a more primal look, or at least give us ANY form of upgrade, but I’m starting to lose hope.

5 Likes

Honestly, with the way the Primalists are being handled throughout the story so far, it almost feels like Blizzard has straight up forgotten that we’re a player class. Going through Ohn’ahra Plains especially it felt like every five minutes our centaur friends would be like, “Argh, those dastardly Primalists, with their wicked, inherently evil elemental magic,” and I’m just standing 5 feet away like, :grimacing:

Also, am I crazy in thinking that there used to be a Lava Burst animation where we blasted the lava out of the ground beside us instead of generically splurting it out of our hands? I could have sworn that was a thing at some point and it was awesome.

3 Likes

If you hard cast lava burst it has that cool animation, but for MW and Lava Surge procs the animation is cut off so there is no way to see the lava “form”

1 Like

Yes, I agree…Glyphs should be more available for more spells/abilities. Add glyphs for multiple spells. Because I am sure some actually like the current way things look. This way it is a win-win for all. Players who want something different can Glyph and players who are satisfied do not have to.

With that, Ascendance, Ice Strike, Lava Lash, Frost Shock, and Lightning Bolt need those glyph-changing animations.

These abilities are nearly unnoticeable during combat or simply do not exude the type of fantasy their respective descriptions state.

Anybody notice other abilities or spells that need some attention?

YES, I do remember Lava Burst doing this — I believe I was playing the elemental spec during this time. It was either during Legion or Warlords of Draenor.

Does anybody have a screen shot or video of this? Because it was actually awesome looking!

I would like a glyph that makes Ascendance look more Ethereal and based on spec your character is enveloped in that element. Air/Storm for Enhance, Fire/Lava for Elemental, Water/Earth for Restoration. Something Like Hurricane in ESO for Enhancement.

2 Likes

Just bumping this.

New Ascendance model please so I can actually consider talenting it.

2 Likes

I know most do not use this talent because of its unlikable visual look.

Keep this thread going because not only does Ascendance need updating the same goes for other visuals like Ice Strike, Frost Shock, and Lightning Bolt.

1 Like

Anyone who has used the trinket from Dathea knows we need a reimagined Ascendance form.

3 Likes

If we had like Dathea style empowerment form, we get wrapped up in an Elemental, a la Iron Man style our character is floating inside of an elemental, I’d be down for it. The main problems is overlapping models, model sizes and well a lot of things. I hate the Odyn fight because of character model nonsense.

“Marked by Lightning!”

Great I can’t see whether that’s a cloud or a swirl. I have to look at the UI overlay information of one sort or another.

Now that you say … I feel like I remember this too!

I’m still mad that improved lightning bolt animation never made it through …

Number 1 priority is introducing a new ascendance glyph

4 Likes

I still get embarrased sometimes when im fighting primalists who not only cast my spells but better looking. Their elementals also look better than mine. It’s always a “oops wrong number” situation in my head.

5 Likes

This reminds me I always wanted shaman to get a lightning spell like the one quest in BFA where you’re like a walking lightning orb shocking everyone you walk near.

I think every class needs spell animation updates at this point, shamans aren’t too bad compared to others imo (ascendance is terrible though). Priests are still using a 2 dimensional power word shield animation from 20 years ago

1 Like

On Lava Lash I dont actually want it to take out weapons away for the animation. We should have those in hand. But it would be cool if it sprayed some globs of magma on hit as a visual effect. Like you just got slapped with some and it splattered.

Bring ascendance glyph back or I don’t play shaman. Plain and simple.

1 Like