Visions of N'Zoth Daily Quest Rewards Increased

That’s exactly how i feel as well.

These went from being something i don’t cared if i skipped, to being mandatory on any character i want to progress on. It initially looks awesome but with power rewards sitting at Exalted then you really need to grind to that if you want to be on par.

3 Likes

I would have much preferred to have read they increased the spawn rates of rares and adding the “events” to the zone map.

Now these are edging towards being mandatory - while still being equally frustrating.

2 Likes

The whining is astounding, especially considering the fact that nearly all of the people whining about them being “mandatory” don’t play at a level where they are anywhere close to mandatory, as well as the fact that the cloak is capped at 7 which most people were already at with their first vision THIS week.

2 Likes

feedback and whining … are different.

2 Likes

Whining about entirely optional content that you don’t even come close to needing to min/max due to your skill, and the weekly cloak cap, is not “feedback”. Sorry to burst your little bubble.

1 Like

So why did you guys unlist the n’zoth finale on youtube?

This is honestly the most absurd argument that gets used on this forum.

No one wants to play a handicapped character due solely to time-gating or just being unable to fulfill all of their WoW chores.

The handicap manifests itself in more than just Mythic world races.

Anytime you PvP (arena, bg), you compare meters with your raid team (even in LFR), everywhere.

It doesn’t feel good to “feel” behind - not due to lack of skill, just lack of time or interest.

Also - maybe a lot of the reason players don’t play at this magical threshold you believe “mandatory” applies in - is because players believe mechanics like these to be a barrier for entry (whether real or perceived) to whatever content they are looking to do.

Will a mythic guild consider someone w/o rank 3 essences, X ilvl, y cloak level, etc.

Please stop justifying this trash with the veil of “its not mandatory”.

4 Likes

Awesome - thank you. Makes farming a little less drudge-like.

1 Like

It’s not mandatory for someone who consistently parses in the greys for their ilvl, doesn’t do even Heroic, does the bare minimum if they do M+, can’t break 1550 in Arenas and has no need for gear other than to do their dailies/WQs faster. Period. Not to mention there is literally a cap on the cloak level you can get per week, not that you care intellectually honest enough to even bring that up. Oh, add onto that the fact that for the first FIVE cloak upgrades you literally only need to kill the last boss in the vision.

2 Likes

This will definitely boost my drive to want to do the dailies. Thanks!

Would it be possible to have a source of corrupted mementos, or other system to remove corruption from gear, available for people who don’t want to do that legendary questline on 25 120s but would like to gear them up doing world quests in the old areas.

It isn’t nice to do a world quest on a character and get a piece of corrupted gear which you just end up trashing.

1 Like

Nice changes. :+1:

Are you referring to me here while posting from your benthic hero toon?

Maybe the reason I don’t bother with content you mention is because unlike you I can clearly see these pre-reqs for what they are: retention mechanics.

I am referring to you and the others complaining about this optional content apparently being mandatory. All of my characters are linked and my achievements are accountwide. Unlike you, I’ve actually done moderately difficult content in my WoW career and currently clearing Heroic in the first week while waiting for Mythic. These dailies aren’t even a requirement for me because, unlike you, I am aware of the weekly cap on the cloak and I got to it already on the characters I actually plan on taking into real content. Also, don’t try the garbage excuse of “Oh, I just don’t do it because _____”. You don’t do it because you can’t and, as is evidenced in this thread, don’t even want to do the bare minimum to increase your character’s power. Just sit down instead of whining about an, again, optional piece of content.

2 Likes

Now you just need to buff the spawn/respawns so they’re tolerable

3 Likes

Cheers! This actually might make things a lot better.

It is sort of mandatory when you get corrupted gear from the world quests in the original areas and have to trash the gear instead of equipping it or put up with the negative effects.

This is a welcome change. Now reduce the cost of Vessels of Horrific Visions some (6-8k) and I think it’s possible you’d hit the sweet spot.

It would also be a nice addition if Vessels/Coalescing Visions/Corrupted Mementos had a chance of dropping from end of dungeon chests, or even better, the weekly Mythic/PvP chests, since all loot from Season 4 sources can gain Corruption.

Yet another person who doesn’t know what they are talking about. To deal with the corrupted aspect of the gear, you can either cap your cloak(Which was possible with the first Vision you did this week if you kept up with it last week) OR you could use 5 Corrupted Mementos, that drop in the hundreds from Visions, to cleanse it.

1 Like

Cool, dailies were well into the “not worth the time” category for their old rewards.