Vision of Perfection (BFA Essence) should return as a Paladin Talent

I loved this Essence in BFA, it synergized so nicely with our toolkit and I loved the random little Avenging Wrath procs. Could we please bring this back as a class talent for Dragonflight?

5 Likes

doesn’t righteous protector and awakening kinda fulfill a similar purpose for prot and holy respectively?

I suppose ret could do with a AW uptime talent.

unless I’m just misremembering what visions did.

3 Likes

Awakening is basically a less fun version of Visions of perfection. It doesn’t get triggered by Shield of the Righteous, which means you are actively penalized for playing offensively / incentivized to overheal. It also forces you not to select Sanctified Wrath (which is a talent that is actually fun).

Visions of Perfection reduced the Wings CD by like 30 seconds, and gave it a chance to periodically proc for like 8 seconds. It was super super fun and synergized well with Sanctified Wrath (which reduces Holy Shock CD).

I miss the playstyle :frowning:

6 Likes

Yes yes yes I agree so much

2 Likes

With Dragonflight, I’m hoping that we see some of those old Azerite traits make a return and even some of the corruptions, without the systems attached to them they would be really good to use.

2 Likes

What was so good in bfa with that essence is that Avenging Wrath gave a 100% crit chance on the next finisher as well.

4 Likes

I did not love how it would proc at the end of a pull in m+ and fall off before getting to the next pack so I’m gonna say no to that idea.

I’m all for more AW uptime but I want to have some control over it instead of being at the mercy of RNG. I’d rather have talents that give a flat reduction in AW cooldown or introduce a CDR mechanic via holy power gain/spend.

Completely random proc on my most powerful cd? No thank you.

4 Likes

i dont want visions of perfection as p art of our talent tree. we shouldnt want rng or procs of our main cd ability to make us do good consistent dam. keep wings a 2min cd or add a talent to make i 1min through hp usage to match up with other 1min cd buttons.

5 Likes

Totally agree VOP was great and hopefully it becomes awakening for ret paladins in the new talent tree and since it would be a talent they can just make another option for the ppl that want “controlled damage”, in my head a ret paladins should be a madman spamming divine storms and hammers give me all the procs

2 Likes

This is 100% what I’m thinking about.

VoP was fun and all, but fell flat numerous times due to bad rng timing or just unlucky.

CDR depending on how much Holy Power you spend is way better.

3 Likes

Well SW increases wings duration

1 Like

Divine purpose is rng tho

1 Like

I say introduce some torghast powers to our talent tree. Holy powers costing less is leet

3 Likes

okay and? our consistency boost comes from tier 4pc more than dp anyways

Yes that one is honestly amazing. I would love to be able to do tv, tv, boj, tv in a row lol.

I’ve asked for it once in a while and it doesnt get the attention it deserves.

2 Likes

I actually think that screws with the pacing of the rotation. I’d much rather have wings procs.

2 Likes

Our current 2-set is like a pseudo vop, and or 4-set is very underrated. Very rng based, but exceptionally underrated. Though, I still prefer VoP over our 2-set any day of the week especially with the added guaranteed 100% crit after getting wings.

2 Likes

It would make the rotation more fluid. It’s super fun to play with in torghast.

Its essentially Magisterate Judgement leggo we used in Nathria. But even better

2 Likes

I still feel a good compromise would be a talent similar to Demonic. Where some other ability (Wake of Ashes/Divine Protection?) also give 5-6 seconds of Avenging Wrath.

1 Like

absolutely not, i do not want wings to become a dead cooldown like meta

1 Like