Visage form (option to make permanent)

can we get an option to make visage form permanent?
I don’t really like the dragon form that much.

I mean, sure, it makes sense you’d be a dragon for Deep Breath cast animation,
but every other time, should just be automatically in visage form if we want.

21 Likes

Many will say that the idea of Dracthyr is that it is a dragon-like, the reality is that many people play it just because there is no other option to play evoker, so this option is necessary.

9 Likes

Sure there is no other option to play evoker right now, but in saying that you’ve missed something important. It’s not just that dracthyr is the dragon race. Evoker is the dragon class. It is in both the class and race that your are being dragon like.
This is probably why they decided to start with it as a locked race class combo.

Given this, asking for permanent visage is to make lesser the very essence of the class. As an evoker you aren’t just some dude flinging fire balls, but a dragon breathing dragon fire and casting dragon magic.

If you want the experience of being a spell caster flinging fireballs that already exists. It’s called a mage. To reduce the evoker to that is to remove a large portion of what makes both mage and evoker unique and interesting in their own right.

5 Likes

This comes up a lot. I wont be the one to downvote what other people would like to see. I really would like to see glyphs to change the spells they have to match one of each flight and maybe even a 6th for infinite. Would be nice to have all bronze styled spells or all red styled, etc.

If we are doing anything with the visage it should be additional race options for visage imo

9 Likes

A valid point of view, but an OPTION is just that, the Dracthyr and the Evoker will not be less for it and the only thing that could cause is that more people play it, and if you don’t like the option, you don’t use it and that’s all.

8 Likes

You are the one not getting it. You want restrictions on others for an argument that has no leg to stand on. You act you take pride in the lore of the something that didn’t even exist a year ago.

If it was already in the game no one would complain, and if we got it you wouldn’t notice nor care and it would never affect how you play the game. But the option to do so would make many people happy.

5 Likes

When an option has story implications, my not using it wouldn’t change that. Allowing dracthyr to remain in visage form in combat would be no different that allowing a worgen to be in human form in combat. Doing so would functionally make the worgen a human, in which case you could play a human. The same applies to dracthyr.

If you want to be a blood elf, void elf, or human evoker that’s fine. That should be done by giving evoker to more races not by turning the dragon race into an elf.

ok, now this got funny (or silly), you’d rather they give other races the chance to be Evokers, something that is deeply tied to the physiognomy and identity of the Drachthyr, than give the Darcthyr the option to come and go form of dragon according to what abilities do they use making their favorite form the visage?

To be clear, when talking about permanent visage it’s refers to something similar to DH transforming into a demon while channeling Eye Beam, whenever you use breath or any ability that requires dragon form it will appear, but disappear again immediately after the animation of the dragon has an effect.

1 Like

Permanent visage is an inevitability. The question is how long is Blizzard going to force the Evoker class into ugly Spyro mode before we get to actually use the 20 years of transmog we’ve accumulated?

12 Likes

yeah but we are asking for it as an option. im not big on lore and dont want to look like a derp fan art. like, i just want to play my male blelf model and i love the class. just let me.

3 Likes

Same. For the people that want to be dragon-mode all the time, let them. They should absolutely be able to experience the game that way if the relationship between being a Dracthyr and their abilities as an Evoker are important to them in a RP / flavor sense.

But for me, someone that loves the class and finds the mechanics interesting and more enjoyable than mage, but also really doesn’t vibe with the stylistic direction the race took, I should be able to play an Evoker and enjoy it on my own terms as well.

It took Shadow Priests forever to get a buff to the glyph that reduces Shadowform visual effects so they can actually enjoy their transmog / the way their character looks. Evokers should definitely have a glyph for Chosen Identity to keep you in humanoid-form more often than not, or that should just be a setting on the ability to begin with.

Maybe have like a DH thing with Metamorphosis, where certain abilities put you in Dracthyr form like Deep Breath or something. I don’t know the best way to handle it, but from the gliding animation to the run cycle to the lack of transmog I just can’t get behind Dracthyr aesthetically and it’s enough to turn me away from playing a class that I otherwise very much enjoy.

2 Likes

I was thinking, instead of (or perhaps in addition to ) a permanent visage-form glyph, what if there was a glyph that would display translucent/ghost dragon wings in our visage form when we activate our abilities that usually change us into dragon form, but we stay in visage? Kind of a nice middle ground I think.

3 Likes

I’m with you, OP, but we need to be able to Visage form other races first.

Otherwise Evoker just becomes another Elf-exclusive class.

Things that aren’t Elves need more customization in this game.

3 Likes

I suggested this a few days ago as a sort of in-between for people that really care about the draconic origin of Evoker but also to appease people that want to play in humanoid form.

I’d be really happy with this. I just really want to play Evoker without always being in Dracthyr form, man. :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah, same. I want to be able to see my mogs, too. I really dislike the disconnect between the very rigid armor options we have in dracthyr form via the barber shop, the fact we can only see shoulders and belts from our current mog, and then what our visage form gets to look like. It makes finding a cohesive look really difficult and I hate it.

3 Likes

you can already be perma dracthyr form. via chosen identity spell. its the visage form that you can not be perma. which is unfair. should be able to be visage perma.

1 Like

Don’t forget, we’re dragons that can’t fly, despite all the dracthyr npc’s in game that can! :wink:

1 Like

They should make a glyph that makes the Dracthyr form only activate during Major cooldowns like dragon rage as well as deep breath and make some minor tweaks to Visage form animations to accommodate Empowered spells.

3 Likes

We’re still waiting Blizzard. Make it happen, please.

1 Like

I’d like this as well. Transform for abilities that make zero sense outside of Dragonform like the breath abilities (even the 30 second ones), but be in visage form the rest of the time. Should be a glyph.

1 Like