Visage form (option to make permanent)

I’m in the camp that says that if you want to play this class, you’re going to have to deal with the dragon form. If you want to be a caster w/o a dragon form, roll a mage.

1 Like

Personally I enjoy changing to a dragon during combat, but I understand why someone would want to be in visage more. I hope Blizz finds a consensus for everyone.

1 Like

If they widened the array of visage forms, I would be more interested in this.
I’d first like the option to be any horde or alliance race with either body type for visage.

2 Likes

I want permanent visage just to see my mogs…but I hate hate HATE the kalic faced ugly elf form… I want tauren…

2 Likes

+1 for more Visage form choices.

You can even make it faction locked so we can only visage into races of our chosen faction if you have concerns about World PvP (lol).

1 Like

I also want permanent visage form. At the very least, make the dragon form work with transmog.

We have mechagnomes who cant use gloves wrist boots or pants. If dracthyr not being able to use something like helms or even chest is the compromise we gotta make ill gladly make it.

1 Like

More transmog options first. the permanent visage can come later.

1 Like

3 Likes

yeah just play the class that plays a completely different way, they both use magic. go ahead and make every melee class a warrior while we’re at it, they all swing weapons so it’s all the same.

prev seems fun but i couldn’t make it past valdraken trying to level it with how awful the dracthyr model looks lol, perm visage please

4 Likes

I completely agree, it’s clear that the Dracthyr form will be a clipping nightmare with armor. Permanent visage form with dragon shapeshift for breath attacks would be a dream at this point. The evoker class comes at a disadvantage being bound to a race that feels very unfinished.

Dracthyr form is the only form that have frozen wings and no armor. At least druids have Moonkin as a shapeshift form, while Dracthyr are stuck on theirs.

2 Likes

Go play a mage.

A mage and an evoker are literally different in almost every sense other than the fact they’re both caster specs. And to say otherwise would be ridiculously disingenuous. I love the play style of Evoked, but the whole scaley, weird deviant art look of the race completely turns me off of playing one. Honestly I don’t see why not putting in a permanent visage form option for people, it wouldn’t be hard and it wouldn’t even break pre-existing lore. We’ve seen countless dragon’s fight in their visage forms, an example that pops immediately to head was Wratheon when he stabbed N’Zoth. For all the animations like soaring and mobility abilities it wouldn’t be hard to just make dragon wings sprout temporarily from the visage form’s back like when Onyxia had her wings come from her back in visage form, and just let our player character breath the fire from their mouth, etc.
It really wouldn’t be hard, most of the assets and animations are already in game, it’s not like they couldn’t just reuse the demon hunter wing animations for the visage form with some minor tweaking.
And to those who don’t want permanent visage then don’t use it, you already have your option to permanently be a weird scaley, stop trying to gate keep a class because of your own odd personal interests.

1 Like

Seems like a weird stone to throw when your argument is that people aren’t playing a dragon-person class because it has to look like a dragon-person.

It’s crazy that it’s a game, and not everyone wants to look like some weird basement dwelling scaley fursona, but enjoy the class rotations, complexity, and toolkit/playstyle.
And I don’t understand how it negatively affects those who wouldn’t even use the permanent visage form.
It’s honestly just selfish and weird to cross your arms and say “hur hur dragon is dragon” like by that logic why are Tauren rogues, why are undead priests able to be holy or disc, etc. nobody would be forcing you to have to use the visage form to begin with. So why does this even concern you when you can already be perma scaley???

1 Like

Because it lessens the game.

Imagine if every race can look like human or elf (because that’s popular supposedly.)

Same with those feral druids, caster form all the way.

1 Like

what did furries do that has you so emotionally charged

1 Like

I’m almost certain this in the works, but it would be too ironic to release in an expansion named “Dragonflight”.

In before TWW introduces Glyph for in combat Visage for transmog lovers (Think Boomy’s Blue Form). Maybe you just momentarily go into dragon form for deep breath, fire breath, or dream breath.

I still think that is blizz split visage customization of gear from drathyr form and added a lot more customization options that may also make a lot more people happy.

1 Like

I don’t mind being in dragon form. The class was built for it. I just want to be able to see my tier sets in visage without seeing the derpy shoulders in dragon form.

1 Like