Violation: Abusive Chat question

I got a 10 day suspension on my other account and I just wanna know why I’m getting an e-mail for my account suspension at 2AM if bans aren’t automated. Thanks

Because the Game Masters work 24/7.

13 Likes

Probably for a couple reasons.

1. GMs work in shifts 24/7.
  2. It is currently 9:47pm in Texas where most GMs are. 7:48pm in CA where HQ is
  3. The emails Blizz sends can take a while to get to you, even Beta emails can take a while to go out.

If you got a suspension it is not your first infraction.

If you feel it was in error, you can appeal. That gets another GM to look at the logs attached to the reports about you and verify that it was a valid decision.

14 Likes

I didn’t know GMs worked 24/7, interesting.
I tried to appeal the decision but the site isn’t working.

This link should be working:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/1609/solution

4 Likes

Perl has the link but keep in mind that with the pre-patch to Wrath, tons of returning players needing account help, a ban wave for non participation in BGs, RMT bans, queues, transfer issues, Wrath launch, and purchase issues the queue is pretty long right now. Wait can be close to a week. This is NOT normal and not something Blizz is ok with, for the record.

Just get the ticket in and worse case, at least it gets removed from your account if it is a mistake so future issues don’t result in longer penalties.

6 Likes

Warning someone is perfectly fine attacking someone for trying to help a player avoid a harsher penalty is not helping.

5 Likes

Anyone in good standing can post in a thread if there trying to help or give advice id hardly call it derailng take the advice or not its solid and not derailing and thats all im saying on this matter.

The only privilege here is your ability to post, provided by Blizzard.

2 Likes

Dude seriously stop trolling freedom of speech doesnt apply here you are more then likely gona get a forum vacation at the rate ur going.

People stop responding, flag and move on. When the SFAs come in they will deal with it.

3 Likes

Because it’s safer to disengage with trolls and let them dig their own holes.

Night Gracie. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Goodness, it looks like a moderator had to do a bit of pruning this morning.

As the others noted, we have staff working during all hours. I see you have an appeal in, but based on the chat that I see, I don’t know how likely it is for that to be overturned. The length of the action is based on the history on the account, as this is not your first action.

I’d look to simply abiding by our in-game Code of Conduct, as the penalty will continue to grow.

15 Likes