[Video] Warlock's Shadow Rift Spell, another Broken Spell besides Mage's Pink Ice Cream Spell

Shadow Rift

I actually saw someone used it once in IoC that Alliance raid team was teleported out of the boss room and we won because of that Warlock’s genius Shadow Rift.

2 Likes

Huh… why did the alliance team not kill the Lock and run 40 yards back into the boss room ? It’s not like the spell is sending you from one end of map to the other .

Shadowrift are the type of ideas that the Devs came up with clearly while drunk, that is why the game is really bad. Convoke, Shadowrift, Arcanosphere. Just remove them please and thanks. Obviously there are more broke things too but you get the gist. Start with the 3 big offenders and clean up the game for once.

Then the Devs wonder why people leave and participation is down. Stop making broken abilities :man_facepalming:

PS- remove ranks from PvP gear and add other stat itemization to the vendors so we can get Haste/Master or Crit/Mastery. Actually just remove Versa from the game too and give us a PvP stat. So we can play how we want.

1 Like

I love abilities that can be used creatively to be far more effective than normal in certain situations. People wanting all these types of things removed are how a game becomes stale and uninteresting.

Combat shouldn’t be TOO predictable.

10 Likes

Stop with the Shadow Rift hate, you guys are making PvPers look like clueless idiots. Also, idk what moronic players you guys are playing against, but every time I cast it everyone moves and maybe ~3 people are affected. I cause WAY more damage to the enemy team with my ice wall on my mage than my shadow rift on my warlock.

2 Likes

A talent that’s never taken isn’t broken. The game needs more of this… not less.

6 Likes

Can’t people just move away from it? Maybe only-pvp’ers players need learn to not stand in the bad.

Part of why warlocks need shadow rift is because of melee uptime.

It’s a fun spell and people can just step away. In order to guarantee that all players inside the rift are teleported the lock should AoE stun and then cast shadow rift.

Something cool but broken would be like:

Nether Rift: sends the player to the Twisting Nether to fight powerful demon. The player cannot return until killing the demon.:laughing::rofl:

1 Like

Been seeing some super cheesy strats with it, but I think it’s fine.

The game needs more fun stuff like this, not less.

Since we’re on this topic, the new “ice wall” Mage talent is pretty OP imo. Been seeing it used a ton both defensively and offensively.

1 Like

Isn’t it kinda squish?

A lot of low IQ players just sit there and wait for it to expire.

1 Like

What do you mean?

Drop “ice wall” defensively while retreating from a teamfight = 40 enemy players suddenly don’t have LOS

Drop it offensively “ahead” of 30-40 players, cutting off their escape

Drop it at a small canyon/narrow chokepoint, blocking 30-40 players

Of course, I’m talking about it from the perspective of large-scale teamfights, I imagine it’s less useful in a small-scale arena setting (not as much value with only 2-3 enemy players).

It’s surprisingly versatile, and a lot of pug players still don’t realize it can be attacked :joy:

Ask me how I know… been spamming Southshore vs Tarren Mill and nothing is more annoying than suddenly getting a “not in line of sight” error on my screen when an ice wall gets dropped :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yup… lol

These new PvP talents are still fresh, the general public will take some time to learn.

1 Like

I don’t think this makes it op though… Good, yes. Fun, yes… Op, not really?

Like in a large BG basically everyone could right click it and it would die. Still though. Need more cool stuff not less.

You’d be surprised, I’m seeing Ice Walls dropped in those large BGs (…Southshore vs Tarren Mill especially) and they are actually staying up for 7-9+ seconds :woozy_face:

I would say losing LOS on the entire enemy team of 40 players is pretty OP :joy:

Alright, well maybe it’s op now because people suck and take a long time to learn. I think it will be less and less op when people learn.

This happens every update lol. “Help! I don’t understand something so it needs a nerf”

I held IBT a couple hours ago with it. A couple people defended and slowed them down enough that when they entered the room I gave them the boot. It was great.

2 things. 1st the lock has to be smart about when to use it and where to place it. The range is short extremely and it’s a 1min cooldown. For example I will grab a good chunk of alliance in winter hold and put them in the bottom of the water at the first engagement at SR.

2ndly, anytime a class gets something that makes them not completely useless people complain about it. Warlocks have been bad to mediocre at PVP (and still are) while some classes are OP and keep getting buffed. The casting time is instant but for the portal to go off takes a couple secs and if your not paying attention to the big purple ring around you then that’s on you. If a warlock keeps using it on you and you choose to keep letting them… again that’s on you.

1 Like

Which direction you cast it in takes effect too. So if you put your Demonic Circle on a ledge and were facing the ledge, then when the enemies are teleported using your shadow rift and they’re moving they will run right off the ledge.

The luls… Like I’m all for the portal to stay clearly by my previous comments but this is blatantly not true. Warlocks are fine, have been fine and will continue to be fine. Especially in bgs.

Anyways, more fun abilities for all classes would be cool. Especially battlefield changing ones. There’s very few of those. Most seem to be single target arena focused ones.

1 Like

Soon as i saw them make ice wall and this lock portal thing i knew there was going to be some pretty big plays with these.

i dont even main lock or mage and i think they are cool for the game. Seen more big plays with the mage wall then lock portal tho

2 Likes