Very toxic and racist community

My Kul Tiran druid is darker skinned and I’ve been called a certain word once. That’s the only time I’ve seen it, even with other people. I genuinely question these people who say it happens daily. (I’m not doubting you, I just find it curious that so many people have never seen it at all, but you see it every day) Like, if it’s that bad, you need to report them and change realms. Half of me wonders if these people are on RP realms. I rolled on an RP realm for a real life friend like 6 years ago, and I didn’t even make it past vanilla questing. It was horrible, the community was terrible, it was a PvP server and the Horde were horrifically rude to Alliance and vice versa. I had an alliance camp me in Tanaris for like 3 hours before I quit and deleted the character and told my friend I’m sorry I can’t play with you.

I’ve seen racial slurs thrown around, but they weren’t in a hateful way, if you know what I mean. Like, two friends who call each other those words. They make me uncomfortable, but I always feel like it’d be wrong to report them, because they both consented to being called it by their friend, if that makes sense?

3 Likes

lol. no, Im not going to give up my realm over it. Put them on ignore. Problem solved.

1 Like

That in particular was just in reference to the people saying it happens every day.

If it happens every day even though you keep ignoring the people who do it, that’s indicative of a very toxic realm and you shouldn’t want to stay. But more power to you if you do.

1 Like

I must have been called “the N word” hundreds of times in this game. It usually happens after a Battleground. I will get some salty whisper… it happens so much.

I am not African American. Not that the word should be used at all… but reading vulgar insulting whispers that don’t really apply to me is sort of funny. Might as well call me tall and blonde.

I normally write them off as “spastics.” Probably teenagers or maybe even adults with emotional problems. Especially to whisper people after a match… they have to have some issues to begin with.

I know from experience that racist words are bandied about very often. But I guess it depends how they effect you. I sort of feel pity for the people who are so petty, they hurl any insult they can think of, in the off chance one might hurt. And I laugh a little, because they know nothing about me - except maybe I killed them in a BG.

2 Likes

the problem is $25 per character to transfer. lol. I dont see anyone changing realms who have a dozen characters they like and have spent time working on.
Honestly, I have a hard time believing, just based on a daily viewing of the chat box in ogrimmar, that anyone hasnt seen the racist, bigoted commentary at least 3-4 days a week. lol. Its bad enough most days that I just tab out of chat because I dont want to end up saying something that will get me into trouble over it.

1 Like

My personal favorite type of nerd rage is the sweaty basement dwelling virgins. You know? The ones who nerd rage wisp and put you on ignore and keep spamming you but you can’t reply.

Ppl man. I got nothing. I put ppl on ignore or move realms if someone ppl can’t help themselves.

2 Likes

I turned off trade chat like a decade ago.

2 Likes

lol. that might explain it, lol.
I dont know how to turn it off. Ive unchecked some boxes but it just keeps right on working so I dont know, lol.
Sucks to have to do that but life is life. There are always going to be that sort of person to have to deal with. Just sucks they have to drag their sorry miserable rumps into a game world where we shouldnt have to see it. We all get enough of it in the real world. Games are supposed to be the escape from that trash for a little while.

1 Like

Type /leave 2. Or whatever number it is for you.

2 Likes

ohhhh…didnt know about that. I got into some settings and messed with boxes that were checked. Didnt seem to do anything.

1 Like

How did these scum even know it was a woman they were talking to?