Very frustrated at Blizz

I’m going to try to make this as brief as possible on what has happened to me.

About a month or so ago our son did a fraction change on this toon without our knowledge. I contacted Blizz and it was reversed on the charges and the toon back to Alliance. All was well…

Last week or so we get charged another 32 dollars and some change from Blizz on PayPal. I look into it and sure enough it’s for a faction change on this toon from Alliance to Horde. I go to my PayPal account and it shows this charge as “reoccurring”, which means it’s more than one time. My wife disputes the charge with PayPal due to the fact that we didn’t authorize repetitive charges.

Yesterday we were refunded our $$$. Then, I get a email from Blizz saying I need to submit a ticket to resolve the issue. What was there to resolve?

I was told that my toon is now locked because Blizz put a “charge-back” on my account!! Seriously??? I didn’t make the transaction in the first place, but yet I am being punished for someone elses mistake.

I have NO plans to pay a charge back that wasn’t my fault. So it looks like this toon will go to the shredded once I get off work.

After being here since 09 I didn’t think a customer would be treated in this fashion.

1 Like

You would have to discuss this with Billing. I’d also highly recommend you keep your account secure from your son. This is not a recurring charge, the ONLY recurring type charge we have is for a sub.

The first was 10/8 - the second 11/22, nothing about those dates indicates any type of recurring condition.

4 Likes

You made the charge back, not Blizzard. It happened when you disputed the charge with PayPal. There is no such thing as a reoccurring charge for a faction change, that doesn’t even make sense, it is a one time purchase. Sounds like your son faction changed the toon again. This isn’t a Blizzard problem, this is a you needing to secure the account from your son problem.

As for the charge back, you might have not made the transaction, but someone one your account did. You disputed the charge meaning that Blizzard had to pay it back with fees. For that the toon is locked until the amount is paid back.

6 Likes

This is because you disputed the charge with PayPal rather than contact Blizzard billing. This type of purchase is not a recurring charge either. You probably will want to sit down with your son and talk about financial responsibilities sooner rather than later, before they discover other easy to purchase items on other sites also.

9 Likes

How about you stop letting your son have access to something you don’t want to happen. Look into your home and stop blaming others for something that is within your control. Typical to blame everyone else instead of blaming the one person who is doing this, your son.

You knew he did it before and should have expected him to do it again. Take care of your business and stop asking others to fix your issues which you cannot take care of because you failed to do so after the first time.

5 Likes

It said reacquiring on the PayPal site. I KNOW what I saw. I’m not a idiot.

To the other posters…
My son messed up the first time. Thats on ME. This time is was NOT his or MINE. He is in the hospital so he can’t play. And I sure as hell didn’t do it.

And I’m not freakin asking other to “fix” my problem. I’m stating FACTS on what went down. So you can miss me with all smart comments.

EDIT: Had to change toons to post

Then you’ll need to speak to Billing.

4 Likes

You should have contacted Blizzard’s billing department, like you did the first time, rather than dispute it with PayPal.

So a chargeback was initiated.

You need to contact Billing.

In the future? This is not a feedback forum

4 Likes

Thank you for a response so I can try to figure this out

No one called you an idiot. But character services are not a recurring event. Only game time subscriptions are.

It’s literally impossible for a character service to be set up on a recurring payment

5 Likes

That would have had to be set up at the time of the original purchase by the purchaser (your son) since a faction change isn’t a recurring charge from Blizzard.

While it’s understandable that this is irritating to deal with, Blizz did nothing wrong. Your son is where your anger should be directed and a good talk with him about theft and financial responsibilities seems to be in order.

You should have checked your PayPal account when you found out about the first charge and made sure there were no other charges coming AND you should have changed your password so your son couldn’t do this again.

Keeping accounts secure, even from family, is fairly important.

2 Likes

No one said you were, but you would need to ask PayPal why it is listed like that. Character services are one time things, they literally can not be set up as recurring charges. It simply isn’t possible.

Well someone on your account bought it. You will need to deal with Billing, but Blizzard doesn’t just charge you for a character service and move a toon unless it was initiated by someone on the account.

7 Likes

Sorry for my remarks. I’m just very upset about all this.

I didn’t contact Blizz first, your right. If I have a dispute on my credit card I tell my card holder, not the vendor trying to charge me stuff. I’ve always done it like that. If I would of known to contact Blizz first I would have. But I’m telling you, it said “recurring” in the description. So we contacted PayPal.

Lesson learned.

You’d need to ask PayPal what that means, certainly isn’t OUR definition of recurring.

3 Likes

Oh I will. Believe me.
Just last night my wife made a payment to that account and it said -50.00. They said not to worry about the minus sign, just the description. Like really