Velma megathread

WB didn’t trust the show enough to give them the rights to use Scooby… That pretty much says it all.

1 Like

It’s irredeemably awful. It’s steeped in bigotry, racism, xenophobia, ill will and prurient themes.

1 Like

Velma is actually an excellent parody of the Scooby Doo formula. The characters are amazing, completely subverting our expectations of these character archetypes.

Not touching that with a 10 foot pole. Overton window being slightly nudged back.

Why would anyone watch it? All the reviews I’ve seen so far are that the show is miserable and mostly unfunny.

1 Like

You like the karen haircut and sweater look?

Honestly, the best “adult oriented” version of Scooby-Doo is the Supernatural crossover. They could’ve just done more like that and it probably would’ve been successful.

I strongly dislike the notion that a cartoon has to be vulgar to count as an adult show.

1 Like

But it’s subversive! Before we had a kind of bland group of friends that were likable enough. Now they’re a group of absolutely unlikable pricks with the exception of Shaggy…my bad, Norville, who went from stoner to just sad.

Studios keep giving Mindy Kaling money to make terrible shows…

3 Likes

All of them.

4 Likes

Ooo…I’ll have to look up the episode then.

And also yes it’s silly that if a cartoon is aimed at adults it has to be vulgar to make it count. But gotta make it that way because the cartoon is aimed at adults, not itty bitty kiddies.

This has what to do with WoW though? Also, its terrible.

2 episodes in, I was like “Done!” She’s not that interesting a character, especially to make a series about her. You don’t make a show about the Scooby-verse with out Scooby.

1 Like

Ever see Porkys?

No. And if it has something similar, then it’s awful too.

Underage kids should never EVER be shown explicitly sexualized. Period. End of discussion.

Not if you believe the internet.

Haven’t seen it… don’t really have any desire to either.

:cookie:

I guess you never grew up in the 80s and 90s. Most of the funniest movies back then was sex comedys. Porkys and it 2 sequels, American Pie, so on and so on.

that show is a crazy woke fest. its pathetic.
on the other hand, wednesday is really good

What does that have to do with ANYTHING I’m saying?