Velfs got their black and white

Let them have their little peace of mind they need it. Changes came thanks to the Ds finally listening.

2 Likes

Yes. And Blood Elves are High Elves.

1 Like

Well, technically speaking, Blood Elves were High Elves. If you recall from Blood of the Highborne, Kael’thas speech.

“We must put this misery behind us. We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves! In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian… as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin’dorei! For Quel’Thalas!”

I mean honestly Rhielle, the major difference now is all just political allignments. There isn’t much more to say.

7 Likes

If someone attacks people for how they make their character look in a game they need to step back and reevaluate their life and the choices that have led them to that.

4 Likes

The race is advertised as void and I don’t see any void stuff being added. You said you had a thread for ideas can I see please. :grinning:

4 Likes

Technically i have both. :point_down:

1 Like

This is what makes me sad.

5 Likes

Were. Not anymore.

Yup. A while ago. But Velfs were Belfs. Now they’re Velfs. There is still no playable race of Helfs.

Not for Velfs. Their literal being was changed by the Void. Infused down to their DNA. I really wish they had done a model tweak like they did with Nightborne.

Who is attacking anyone? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Indeed. :broken_heart:

4 Likes

So they’re basically caving to Alliance demands for High Elves after being pestered for literally years. I guess at least we got them.

1 Like

Black and white are the only two new colors velfs needed :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

The thing that killed wildstar is they literally made the game anti-casual. It was QUITE LITERALLY their goal. To make it “only” for the hardcore.

There isn’t a big enough hardcore gamer base to sustain an MMO. Casuals are what sustain MMOs.

1 Like

Well, that is what the Pro’s have been requesting for when originally asking for High Elves. In fact, I wouldn’t mind if Blizzard could tweak our models to look like what was originally requested to give them a little difference from the Blood Elves.

1 Like

Except Helfs aren’t any different. Just almost extinct, including their culture.

Velfs, on the other hand, are different physically. And it should have showed in the model.

Blizz got lazy.

So now it’s just:

1 Like

Do you really believe that? or is it just trolling? When both races have the same faces, skins (except blue), hair color, eyes (except yellow and green), body, etc. The only difference they have is in the types of hairstyles and the features.

If I was told that you wear a Velfs and want to look like a nightborne or a Night Elf, I accept it, but from a Velfs to a Belfs, there is currently no difference.

Your cosmetic gameplay option doesn’t negate lore. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m not going to be surprised when people start posting that they’re getting harassed for making their Velf look like a Helf.

This.

1 Like

Oh I thought you meant in this thread. Apologies. I misunderstood. I was about to get mad if people were attacking others here. We’re all capable of disagreeing like adults I hope. I mean, we get passionate and grumpy, but attacking is not on my list of okay things to do here. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

But what are you talking about, if in the Telogrus fault there are Helfs and Belfs that are part of that race, links:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Telogrus_Rift

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Silvermoon_Scholar

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

1 Like

Kinda interesting who is actually bringing up, its all about the race thing and purity issues, when it has always be put on the Alliance making about race and skin color in the past. They are actually all High Elves now in one form or another which we can represent on both sides, just have to deal with it now,

I wonder if people who will RP half elves feel like the kids in a divorce where Mommy and Daddy keep fighting and they don’t know where they stand.