General customization suggestions thread

Alright, so this is going to be a general customization suggestion thread, where were going to have suggestions for any race here we desire. However before i give them myself, in the interest of fairness here, i would not be making void elf suggestions*. I’ve already made them on the other thread. By no means, i’m not saying you are disallowed to.

Speaking of, if you're wondering why i'm making another thread on this but for all races, then click here.

The premise of the void elf thread of mine is to give both what they want, by giving void elf void customizations, given that Blizzard is ready and listening to us, making all the wonderful changes in 9.1.5 and how we got two more hair colors for Void elf. And unlike in my typical fashion, i just kept it short and to the point there. It’s to suggest blizzard an idea and as a secondary, unite those involved who would i thought would at least get behind or be okay with.

While i like the high elf customizations and both give is good, i won’t blame the people who were disillusioned by the culture war (if you will) with the void elves and voiced their opinions concisely on that thread. I just thought it would be better to get the problem fixed rather then leave it be, But for the thread’s premises alone, it’s focused on having civility to a fault where it doesn’t consider the reasons or the very existence of spite involved, despite being the secondary idea behind it. And this is on me here. It’s not like others where they suggest removing stuff or simply being a jerk to those who support high elf customization, but it does missed the mark on what i set it up to do.

So for the sake of this thread, consider it a revision for focusing on a better way of going about getting customization options in a matter that is considerably more fair for everybody since it’s now not limited by a race.

Also, on that asterisk* where i said i’m not going to mention void elves… that line specifically was written before i’ve went into so much detail on the suggestions i wanted for the other races. And then the thought occurred to me way too late that i’ve barely given what i exactly want for void elves other then just saying “Voidy options” which even that is particularly vague. So that’s another miss on my part of that thread. :dizzy_face:

So for that thread, i will have to update to specify what i want for them. Not tonight though because long threads like these just make me wish for a point to edit system. :sob:

---- So here we go! Starting with my suggestions. I have more in mind, but these are just a start.

Also update, i had to update the list. If you see any :white_check_mark: on there, that means it’s already in there.

All Races:
  • Different body parts for differing levels of weights, not just your average Skinny, Fat, Muscular, and any of the variation here, but separated for Torso, Legs and Arms. So if you want a puff chest but skinny arms and fat legs, there ya go!
  • Black, Gray, and White Hair colors. Should honestly be a standard for all if you ask me.
  • 5 o’clock, peach fuzz and stubble facial hair. Or painted on if you will. Sometimes you just want to look like it’s been 2 days since you’ve shaved.
  • Long beards, speaking of.
  • Differentiating scales between 95% and 105%.
  • Elder mode, where you get elderish complexion and hair texture. (the off toggle will be the normal mode you’re used too)
  • Moods: Or simply what face your character is always making. Can be changed in the emote chats, like /smile makes your character actually smile and it stays on there until you type it again to revert it to normal, typed something else, or go to the barbershop to switch it whatever you want…
  • Jewelry.
  • Separate makeup options between blush, eyeliner and lips.
  • Blind options like the Humans/Nightelves, and etc.
  • Any race that doesn’t have facial hair separated into sideburns, beard and mustache like humans and night elves, will get this.
Humans:
  • Narrow and wide eye shapes.
  • More face shapes.
  • Option to have chest hair or not.
  • Ear sizes.
Night Elf:
  • Larger more noticeable fangs.
  • Have some of the human hairs but ruffled and wild looking for night elves
  • Flowers and vine option. (for both genders of coarse)
  • The male tattoos be on both genders.
  • Rough complexion, idk, like somebody you would see who survived in the wilderness for years now, or something. something like that.
Dwarf:
  • Beardless option for males.
  • Have some of the human hairs, but also ruffled and have dwarf brandings on it, holding together for some of them.
Dark iron Dwarf:
  • Same suggestions said about dwarfs apply to here.
  • The NPC Dark iron dwarf skin.
  • Varying degrees of fire on beards and eyecolors.
Gnome:
  • Some of the faces that more closely resemble the old gnome faces better.
  • Human hairs but gnomeifed to be all smart, scientist-y looking.
  • Leper gnome skin and eyes
Mechagnomes:
  • Same suggestions said about gnomes apply to here.
  • Chrome/gold or any other metal plating.
  • completely Metal skintones, with it’s unique face meshes. Sort of terminator like.
  • More models of the mecha parts, along with some of them allowing you to tmog your arms and legs. (but not your feet.) Like imagine a cloth covering a pipe or something like that.
  • Glowing reticle and other android/cyborg like eyes.
  • Back, Arms, Legs and Chest parts that stick out. Like a pipe coming out of your back or something.
Draenei:
  • Separate the facial hair into multitude of different options, like picking face tenticles, top of the head horns, sideburns, beard and mustache.
  • More tail length as well width options.
  • Different glowing eyes with it’s colors: WoD’s blue eyes and a less bright version where you see the pupils, as well it’s variations between.
  • Eredar skin and eyes.
Lightforged Draenei:
  • Same suggestions said about draenei apply to here. (except for eredar) :white_check_mark:
  • Bigger horns.
  • Light forged pointy shoulder and leg bits, sort of like Broken.
  • Also the less bright pupil eyes, with more bright eyes option.
Worgens:
  • Separate the facial hair into multitude of different options, like picking mane, sideburns, beard and mustache.
  • Hair on top of the mane options. much akin to alpha cata worgen.
  • Multi color options for skin tones.
  • Claws and their respective options.
  • And of coarse tails with their options as well.
  • Straight posture option.
  • Perma snarl option.
Kul'tiran:
  • Give them about the same sort of options from the humans while keeping the theme still.
  • Skinny model with it’s own options to choose from too.
Pandarens:
  • Give them the sideburn, beard and mustache options as humans/night elves does.
  • Tail options with differing widths and lengths.
Orcs:
  • Give them the sideburn, beard and mustache options as humans/night elves does.
  • Dirt and battle scars.
  • Broken teeth.
  • Fel corrupted skins with it’s differing degrees of corruption.
  • Green and Red glowing eyes.
Mag'har Orcs:
  • Same suggestions said about orc apply to here. (except corruptions)
  • … i don’t know… laughing skull?..
Undead:
  • Give the females the same options males do, like jawless.
  • Posture options
  • Human hairstyles… but undead… ish… idk.
  • Frozen, Poisoned, Burnt, Mold growing and any number of stitches and battle wounds you can think of… (How else you became dead to be undead?.. something needed to happen, so why not show it?)
Tauren:
  • Separate the facial hair into multitude of different options, like picking mane, sideburns, beard and mustache.
  • Hair on top of the mane options.
  • Tail options as well.
  • Horns that have more in common with cows, like affican or austiran bulls, things like that.
Highmountain Tauren:
  • Same suggestions said about tauren apply to here.
  • More north american related deer related antlers. Maybe some odd ones like gemsbok.
Blood elves:
  • Body jewelry.
  • Sin’dorei related tattoos/warpaint.
  • Felblood, Say’ian and Undead skins with the eye colors.
  • Human hairs.
Nightborne:
  • Same suggestions said about night elf apply to here, but reworked to fit the theme with Nightborne here. Like nature flowers to arcane flowers, and so on. :white_check_mark: (sortof, minus the flower bit)
  • Also have a bit of the blood elf options as well, like the jewelry for instance. :white_check_mark: (they did get jewerly, albeit nightborne themed)
  • Narrow eye option much like the NPCs. :white_check_mark:
  • Felborne skins.
Goblins:
  • Human hairs but… William defoe’d. I’m essentially running out of ways to say “Give them this same option but rework it to make it fit with that race”. Give me a break.
  • Zombie Ghoul skin and eyes.
  • Different hanker chief colors/textures… (Hey i didn’t decide all goblins carry hankerchiefs when they cry. :man_shrugging: )
  • Customization options for your Hobgoblin as well. Such as the purple hobgoblin as well. :stuck_out_tongue:
Vulpera:
  • Human hairs and Orc hairs but cute…
  • also facial options like beards and such, much akin to worgens… but cute.
  • Hair on top of the mane options.
  • Tail options as well… because what says cute like a big fluffier tail?
  • Claws and big snarling teeth like worgens.
  • Perma snarl option
Trolls:
-------> (With RP and jokes?)

OoooooOOHh boy! :heart_eyes:
/He pulls out a huge roll of paper out of excitment and anticipation, it appears to be a list. Then the bottom falls down and rolls off of the room, seemingly never ending.

• Posture options that being alpha female posture and what zandalari male trolls are for the males as well the NPC trolls that are very different stance wise.
  • Human hairs and night elf hairs but Trolls.
  • Body jewelry but trolls.
  • Tattoos but trolls.
  • Battle scars but trolls.
  • Makeup, but trolls.
  • Hair manes, or basically hair that is pretty long and manelike, but trolls.
  • Tusk options of differing sizes and even broken tusks, and snake fangs. Also females get the male tusks (but a bit smaller) and males get the female’s upper fangs (but a bit bigger)
  • Ice, Forest, Sand, Dire, Mummy, Dark and Undead Trolls.
  • Loa face paints.
  • Troll Druid Moonkin form option has an appearance similar to Akil’zon.
  • Troll Druid Bat form option has an appearance similar to The Prophet Tharon’ja
  • Troll fur options.
  • Different feet options, similar to King Rastakhan’s.
  • Forum tro–… wait, how that get in my list?.. hold on… give me a hot minute… :pencil2:

• …And last, but certainly not least… More faces for both.

You know, just a few options. :upside_down_face:

-------> (Without RP and jokes?)
  • Posture options that being alpha female posture and what zandalari male trolls are for the males as well the NPC trolls that are very different stance wise.
  • Human hairs and night elf hairs but Trolls.
  • Body jewelry but trolls.
  • Tattoos but trolls.
  • Battle scars but trolls.
  • Makeup, but trolls.
  • Hair manes, or basically hair that is pretty long and manelike, but trolls.
  • Tusk options of differing sizes and even broken tusks, and snake fangs. Also females get the male tusks (but a bit smaller) and males get the female’s upper fangs (but a bit bigger)
  • Ice, Forest, Sand, Dire, Mummy, Dark and Undead Trolls.
  • Loa face paints.
  • Troll Druid Moonkin form option has an appearance similar to Akil’zon.
  • Troll Druid Bat form option has an appearance similar to The Prophet Tharon’ja
  • Troll fur options.
  • Different feet options, similar to King Rastakhan’s.
  • More faces for both.
Zandalari trolls:
  • Same suggestions said about trolls apply to here, but reworked to fit the theme with Zandalari trolls here, and instead of only blood trolls.
  • Gold teeth, jaws, chin, ear and eyes. And i don’t mean gold colored, i mean literal gold. Like literally replacing a jaw with a golden jaw.

Those are my suggestions, so let’s hear yours. :smiley:

7 Likes

Making the Frostwolf ensemble cosmetic armor not tied to only leather wearers. And the same with all the cosmetic pieces tied to the garrisons.

Void elf weapons that were datamined

heritage weapons.

2 Likes

Personally, I think all ranks should get customization options.

1 Like

Better butts for male night elves! Or gnome druids and gnome DH so I don’t have to be a night elf in the first place!

1 Like

All races:

• Skirts, kilts, and shorts. Right now casters have to choose between a nun’s habit or a pole dancing outfit. Some in-between choices would be great. In-game shorts are either knee length or bikinis, with little compromise.
  • Make glasses like shirts rather than head armour. There’s a lot of headgear that would go well with glasses (and admittedly some that would look ridiculous).
  • Eye colour matches for different specs. Example: Death Knights get Blue/Red/Green for Frost/Blood/Unholy.

Edit, added because of another thread got me thinking:

• Customizable personalities by being able to select different voices, dances, and gestures.
1 Like

I made a thread like this some time ago (after 9.0 launch). Here’s my hopes back then. Some are being fulfilled in 9.1.5!

6 Likes

Gender locking jewelry still baffles me.

I would still like scars and tattoos being more available to other races.

And I wish male blood elves got those chains that were seen in the alpha for Shadowlands. If you already had a bunch of elves as concubines then why back out with these? Let me live my himbo fantasy Blizz.

Also stuff like torn / ripped ears would be neat with any race. We’re all fighting ALL THE TIME. A bit of body damage would be neat

5 Likes

Heck you could even sell voice options on the shop since it would take a decent chunk of change to get a voice actor to do that many voice lines

1 Like

I just saw the legion timewalking weapons that are very nightborne centric, i would love to see them expand that to the other allied races. i wanna be able to mog weapons that dont just look close to right for the heritage armor but look like they are part of the set.

Make glasses a jewelry option so they don’t take up the head slot. The glasses would go great with some of the hats.

1 Like

Good suggestions.

My biggest one is high mountain tauren should at least match the customization options of normal tauren. It’s crazy how little they have. The most limited race in the game by far.

1 Like

Are Nightborne good now? I was just on the PTR 9.1.5 and they do have a more closed eye option, but I’m unsure if it’s the same as the NPCs from Suramar or not.

Haven’t checked in game yet.

I think, i might’ve forgotten. :man_shrugging:

Mount Equipment:

• Glyph of wishful thinking - Non-flying winged mounts such as Hawkstriders and Mechanostriders can glide slightly when jumping and take 25% less fall damage.
  • Glyph of Immovable Object - Repair/Vendor mount can be summoned in a non-riding area of a dungeon but cannot be ridden.
  • Glyph of Gratitude - Vendor mounts get a 1% speed buff for every other person who repairs, transmogs, or makes an AH transaction. Stacks up to ten times, lasts 3hrs of game time.
2 Likes

Every race should have access to scars and thematically-appropriate tattoos (or visually equivalent markings for the furred races), as separate options independent of other features, and with separate options for facial and body scars and markings. The ability to have bare-chested transmog makes a lot more visual real estate available for character customization than there used to be, and I want to be able to have my characters’ looks reflect their combat experience.

I’d like to see more two-toned hairstyles as a general rule, I think they’re neat.

I would like player death knights to have access to red eyes, since we already have prominent death knight NPCs who don’t have the classic glowing blue eyes. I would also like to see the existing death-knight-specific skin textures adapted to more hues, both to fit allied races and to match some of the recently added skin tones, as well as a couple new death-knight-specific skin textures to give some more variety to the more dead-looking options. In addition to general face and body scarring options that I would like to be available to everyone, specific death scar options that are visually different from other scarring for death knights (and maybe Forsaken?) might be interesting. There’s also the (admittedly highly unlikely) possibility of specific tattoos for death knights, ala Koltira in the original starting zone, assuming that his tattoos are something he has thanks to the Scourge and not something he had when he was alive.

2 Likes

Scars for Everyone!

Jewelry for all genders!

3 Likes

I WANT MY HUMAN MALE PALADIN TO LOOK LIKE ARAGORN!
GIB BETTER STUBBLE PLS :pleading_face:

Oh and non gorilla body options

2 Likes

actually fat kul tiran female model, not this covid body thic, but chunky flaps and folds, can keep your leftovers warm all day in one of the sub chin flaps, like 5’2 and 300 pounds+ thiccccc.

no ankle, straight knee to foot.

1 Like