VDH will get severely nerfed in the next major patch

First I would like to thank those that didn’t mock me for talking the obvious about VDH and asking for reasonable nerfs. We did it bois.

This is the 2nd nerf (slightly) and I understand why Blizzard won’t take further action until next patch:

The buff to other tanks (and VDH, but on a lesser extent) can be also considered a nerf to VDH, and Blizzard acknowledge that VDH are doing way too much better than other tanks.

Hopefully within next weeks we will see a slightly increase in tank representation in both 15+ and 20+ keys.

Stay with me. 9.1 will be the redefine of the current meta and will kick VDH to the middle of the pack.

Cheers.

Beginning of a new content patch is the worst time for major balance changes because you don’t have any idea what the balance will actually be like for that tier. Classes scale differently, what’s OP in 9.0 may not be in 9.1.

If anything they should give it a month or so and then adjust as needed. Not take a few swings in the dark, inevitably get it wrong, and then say “Whelp there’s nothing we can do until 9.2 now”.

1 Like

they won’t be, because they will get nerfed.

Vengeance is getting buffed with these changes, not nerfed. They’re only gaining strength, other tanks are just gaining very slightly more. But its not going to come close to catching them up to Veng since its also getting buffed here.

Any Vengeance DH with half a brain would gladly trade getting free Phys damage reduction (their main weakness) in exchange for losing some magic mitigation.

2 Likes

We are in 2021 and people still think damage taken is the only thing that matters for tanks. Dh have some of the best damage and the best utility for dungeons, they will still be the on top.

1 Like

This is the top comment!

It is a nerf. 10% less magic damage reduction, plus while all classes get 10% DR, VDH gets 5%.

The major nerf will come with content patch 9.1, then meta will shift.

which will be changed in 9.1

Most high level tanks that stream have this as a pretty nice buff. Sorry if I take their word over a level 11 classic priest’s

1 Like

So the classic ad hominem. Aren’t you capable to refute this with your own analysis and mind?

It’s already been said, VDH has more than needed MR right now, sacrificing some of this for physical mitigation, which they need is a no Brainer. Other tanks will creep closer to VDH but I believe the numbers still have VDH at the top.

Now, if you’d kindly post on your main so it doesn’t look like you’re just sensationally trolling that’d be great

Very thoughtful and intelligent argument (but no).
Like I said: it is a 10% nerf on their magic damage reduction.
And the Physycal Damage Reduction is a relative nerf compared to other tanks. The best is yet to come (9.1 nerfbat).

I don’t have to post on my main. Simple as that. If you can’t handle a discussion on a topic without looking into the person, it just show us that you lack the capacity to talk about something without attacking the other person credibility. That is so petty.

You realize they’re making this change now so they don’t have to wait for 9.1 – which means 9.1 isn’t bringing “additional nerfs” … these changes are what would happen in 9.1 if it wasn’t so damn far away.

You think VDH will be the only tank class that sees changes in 9.1? Good luck with that.

1 Like

They are losing about 15% magic mitigation due to a bug (bug keep in mind most VDH are kyrian, so they gained 3% with that bug fixed) and they will gain 5% more physical damage mitigation. So it won’t be a massive shift in anything.

Yes, they are, if you read the post you will notice that they have to bring down VDH but won’t do it now because they don’t want groups to struggle in completing the content right now, so they can prepare for next content patch when changes will take place.

No, that’s not what the post says. The part you quoted is just the standard Blizzard explanation of why they normally don’t nerf things mid-patch like they’re doing now.

3 Likes

idk from the fresh blue post it looks like theyll take a bit more magic dmg and then take a bit less physical damage.

not the big deal some of yall are making it to be :wink: then again its a big wall of text so maybe i got confused somewhere along the line heh

They had to bring the other tanks up a bit because of the tank community feedback.

They couldn’t bring vengeance down for the reason: they don’t want groups to struggle now or have to run against time to get other tank ready for the content.

But it will happen. Regardless of your denial, it will happen. VDH will drop fairly in representation in 9.1. I will be here to remind the community, as I did with the previous nerfs as well.

The best is yet to come!

I kinda doubt VDH will be getting further changes. If anything I expect them to partially roll the phys damage change back for a few classes but boost DPS on warriors. Specifically I’m expecting them to roll it back for prot warrior and BDK. That said I think the real winners with this mini-patch are prot pallies… who are now DPS gods and can actually survive.

It will drop in representation because Bear is a better tank… that was true before and is still true now. All that’s happened is bear got better.

1 Like

Yes, disregard everything anyone says, but you’re always right because you’ve been posting about the obvious (VDH dominance in M+) and now that Blizzard is changing things you feel vindicated.

Guess we’ll find out in 6mo when 9.1 arrives.

2 Likes