Vault rng still sucks…

Another week. Another no helm or shoulders from the vault and I probably won’t get from raid either.

4 Likes

I had to laugh
it’s in my bags
I keep having it drop - I can’t give the dumb thing away anymore
I have had it in my vault 2-3 times in the past - and again today.

then my vault was EXTRA cruel, and gave me 2 252 trinkets… the stupid awful stam one, and the stupid on use shadowgrasp totem one.

but not the scale. just give me the scale. /cries

2 Likes

It is working as intended.

I have an advice. The Vault is meant to help us gear towards Mythic Raiding where it would have the best ilevel loot drops. The Vault is not Mythic Raiding. WHen you are Mythic Raid gear ready, go to Mythic Raid and get your upgrades.

Getting ilevel 252 upgrades from Vault is way slower when most of your slots are already ilevel 252.

You aren’t helping the “rng isn’t bad” case by saying this, you are only highlighting how bad it is when 1 person wins the lotto in 1-2 clears and others don’t have jack after months of multi difficulty clears.

3 Likes

The only reason you shouldn’t have a three set by now is if you pug.

Idk why so many people say the vault is bad. Sometimes you can get as much as 150g when you vendor what it gives you.

2 Likes

You mean, besides the people who got so demoralized with nothing useful week after week that they quit?

3 Likes

And? You got lucky. lol

2 Likes

If the vault is the only source of Max item level gear (like it is for m+ players) it needs to never miss.

That’s just really good rng for you… it doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone.

2 Likes

Again if you have been running LFR normal and heroic you should have 3 set by now.

Not really. I just do the content.

At least you didn’t get that stupid blade dancey trinket again

I’ve gotten one vault reward this entire expac. Then never bothered to do more. People will still play without vault rewards and I’d be happier with more players around. They really need to stop making loot repetitive and diametrically opposed to players needs. It’s spiteful.

2 Likes

Adding to this, looked into my bear and that’s what I had too

1 Like

Now that, they seem to be doing well.

i’m getting tons of weapons. i’ve passed on 252 weapons multiple weeks already on my shaman. it’s trinkets i am not having luck with.

I didn’t do too bad this week got a main hand to go with my offhand and that’s one less piece of korthian so uh yay.

question about ilvl… Is that true and doesn’t seem too relevant since your legendary would be higher than anything else? I’m asking

the vault is not better than just getting gear from doing activities

the vault is a false thrill implemented to timegate and slowdown loot acquisition as bliz nerfed pretty much all drop rates in the game to increase focus on the vault

full zero-bad-luck-protection rng is just another time gate and grind extender

none of these carry any benefit or value for players, they are implemented for dev metrics only - metrics that serve cash shops

1 Like

Vault RNG is still way better than bonus rolls.

1 Like