Vanish lowers our solo dps

My opinion? This opinion sucks.

Rogue will be an objectively harder class to play solo.

There should be some things you can do efficiently alone (like sneak through a cave without fighting anything), but you should never be optimally efficient in all things alone. Looking at you Havoc DH…

On principle, Rogue should be an absolute beast when paired with a tank.

The problem is every DPS is just as effective and brings 10x the utility. Rogue control utility is mostly defensive or PvP because we simply can’t afford the overhead in PvE where we don’t need the defensive (e.g., stun kiting). And there’s no other real reason a tank would pair with a Rogue instead of any other damage dealer across the entire game.

To me, what’s killing Rogue is being a bad partner because of bad takes that Rogue should be a bad partner. I should open opportunities for my teammates and should 10x their ability by setting enemies off-balance. But that gameplay loop just simply isn’t there, because Blizzard is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED of providing any form of support framework after the Aug fiasco in S2.

I wrote up a fight summary for a Dragonflight Rare as an Outlaw Rogue versus a BM Hunter here: Encounter balance. This is one of the biggest hurdles facing delves – the classes are nowhere near equally competent and unless they add mechanics that can be bypassed by Rogue (and other classes complain about), they can’t balance the cards and keep them fun and true to their fantasy roles.

2 Likes