How Solo friendly is rogue?

I successfully duo’ed the Thaldraszaszasz Grand Hunt Frog yesterday with a devoker who didn’t know they could heal. It gave me the confidence that I could have also solo’ed it, but it would’ve taken much longer. I’m pretty low gear, so it’s not a question of brute force… Here’s a recap of that “solo” adventure:

Frog is immune to CC and hits hard.
Open with all cooldowns and evasion and dump as much damage into the frog during the evasion window.
When evasion drops, back off and rely on kiting tactics.
Tactics are:

1. Unless otherwise written, always stay out of melee range
  2. Pool energy while at around 10-15 yd distance,
  3. When enemy casts any AoE abilities, enter melee range and dump energy on generating and finishers, try to end each of these mini-phases with as many CPs as possible, saving if the cast is almost done (it’s better to begin a mini phase with full CPs because skills like SnD can be reapplied at a range)
  4. When cast is near complete, begin kiting again
  5. Use ranged generator to avoid capping on energy
  6. Cloak at 30% character HP range to avoid AoE damage
  7. Abuse Vial as much as possible, trying to keep health high
  8. When Evasion is back up, use another major damage phase with all cooldowns
  9. Depending on spec, you can do some other things… If you’re multidance sub, you can use Shadow Dance for some extra damage and recovery (letting you eat a hit or two); if you’re outlaw, the CDR on Evasion from Float helps you build an extra major damage phase or two. I did this as Outlaw with no RTB.

This is an extremely long encounter around kiting like a troll and waiting to do your damage.

Versus BM:
Use Mend Pet on cooldown.
Shoot the frog.

4 Likes